2009-10 Football Transfers !!

Amaresh said:
Selling Ronaldo before securing our other transfer targets would be the worst bit of business that we'd end up doing this summer.

As it is, Ribery is quite overpriced at around 65£ and if we manage to sell Ronaldo at the speculated price then there is no way Bayern would be willing to negotiate.

Also, mark my words Ronaldo's going to be a huge flop at Real with all those inflated egos around him and no one doing the donkey work which Rooney/Tevez did.

yes you are right about the business aspect... now clubs won't be willing to negotiate with us ... But I don't think Fergie is looking to buy any established Star this time...

and Ribery is not worth anything more than 30m...

but i guess this was bad business...

Ambar said:
imo now you can buy the striker and DM you need. also time to start building the team around Rooney, **
yes a striker and a DM should be the top priority with that perennially injured Hargreaves

dude they have kaka and ronaldo and the diarras in mf to hold the ball ...that will be a good team, i so look forward to seeing real vs barca next season

80 Million Fking pounds, OMFG, Does this mean Tevez stays? I hope he doesnt :(.

Ronaldo+20 Million = Newcastle :O.

Man Utd in pole position for securing Valencia from Wigan it seems, is he upto Man Utd levels?

Just having a great assembly of stars won't help Real...

what they don't have :

1. A good commanding manager to beat the $hit out of all player egos

2. Lots of cash to revamp their defense :D having a good midfield is nice but without a good defense, wonder how they'll stop Barca :D

i dont think RM won much during the Galacticos Era. having a team of stars does not make you a guaranteed winner in football.

ZOMG .. just woke up .. didn't see this coming .. but yea if we haven't signed any one yet .. it's not good biz .. just like with Berbatov we will have to pay an inflated amount .

Best of luck to Ronaldo , IMO best player in the world .

Amaresh said:
Also, mark my words Ronaldo's going to be a huge flop at Real with all those inflated egos around him and no one doing the donkey work which Rooney/Tevez did.

Yes, Kaka, Higuain, Raul, Sneijder, Diarra, Lass, Gago are known to have inflated egos and no one is going to do the leg work.

And talking about coaches, our new coach was someone who dealt with Riquelme, who had an ego which is bigger than CR7 and Eto'o put together.

And like I have said earlier in the forum, I did not want CR7 in the team.

PS: I guess it won't be CR7 anymore. He won't get his Number 7 shirt.

Ambar said:
i dont think RM won much during the Galacticos Era. having a team of stars does not make you a guaranteed winner in football.

The Galcticos era started with Zidane's purchase (2001). They won the CL and the league that year (2002). Ronaldo was Pichichi next year. But after that in 2003, the decline started. 2004 was the worst. Till end of Jan they were leading by a long margin in league, and in CL semis. But later they lost everything :( ... Valencia topped the league that year.

Galactocos reloaded starts now, and let's see if Perez is able to create a dream team out of such a creative bunch of players that he is purchasing.

~M

kippu said:
dude they have kaka and ronaldo and the diarras in mf to hold the ball ...that will be a good team, i so look forward to seeing real vs barca next season

Unfortunately this isn't Football Manager.

Darthcoder said:
80 Million Fking pounds, OMFG, Does this mean Tevez stays? I hope he doesnt :(.

Ronaldo+20 Million = Newcastle :O.

Man Utd in pole position for securing Valencia from Wigan it seems, is he upto Man Utd levels?

I doubt we'll still pay up 25m for Carlitos. Benzema for 30m would be a much better prospect.

As for Valencia, I think he's quite underrated however he isn't worth anything more than 10m and unfortunately I can see us paying around 15m to secure his signing.

mallik said:
The Galcticos era started with Zidane's purchase (2001). They won the CL and the league that year (2002). Ronaldo was Pichichi next year. But after that in 2003, the decline started. 2004 was the worst. Till end of Jan they were leading by a long margin in league, and in CL semis. But later they lost everything :( ... Valencia topped the league that year.

Galactocos reloaded starts now, and let's see if Perez is able to create a dream team out of such a creative bunch of players that he is purchasing.

~M

The reason why galacticos failed was that all of the 'galaticos' were attacking players, with generally limited defensive roles and abilities. Letting Makélélé leave and signing Beckham for his good looks instead of Ronaldinho who joined FC Barcelona the same summer because he was too "ugly" to play for Real Madrid were the final nails in the coffin for the galactico era.

Ronaldinho would lead the resurgence of FC Barcelona while Real Madrid failed to win any trophy for three straight seasons under Beckham.

Amaresh said:
The reason why galacticos failed was that all of the 'galaticos' were attacking players, with generally limited defensive roles and abilities. Letting Makélélé leave and signing Beckham for his good looks instead of Ronaldinho who joined FC Barcelona the same summer because he was too "ugly" to play for Real Madrid were the final nails in the coffin for the galactico era.

Ronaldinho would lead the resurgence of FC Barcelona while Real Madrid failed to win any trophy for three straight seasons under Beckham.

Yes, and those are mistakes that will hopefully not be made again. Perez bought S.Ramos, there is now Pepe and Garay and the Diarras are not being sold. (If Zizou has any say in the matter.) There are still two more signings to be made, a CB and another LB.

Another little known fact, when Perez last took over the club, they were on the verge of bankruptcy. The Figo, Zizou and Beckham signings made the club solvent again. Maybe the present financial stability was worth one CL followed by three trophy less seasons.

Deco can gtfo.

Bos isnt going anywhere,Pirlo might come to Chelsea (Cant make out why though, we dont need another Ballack like Oldie). Dont Need Pato, might take Aguero (Although not needed, better take Tevez as he is proven in EPL).

whatsinaname said:
Yes, Kaka, Higuain, Raul, Sneijder, Diarra, Lass, Gago are known to have inflated egos and no one is going to do the leg work.

And talking about coaches, our new coach was someone who dealt with Riquelme, who had an ego which is bigger than CR7 and Eto'o put together.

And like I have said earlier in the forum, I did not want CR7 in the team.

PS: I guess it won't be CR7 anymore. He won't get his Number 7 shirt.

Pellegrini still isnt a high profile manager, hasnt handled a STAR squad yet.
He is a very good deal-maker (somewhat like Moyes in EPL although much more experienced). His treatment of Riquelme was shocking to most in the beginning but it turned out to be beneficial later on (And Villareal also changed their playing style now that there wasnt too much dependance on a single player). He will have a tough job on his hands, lets see.

Darthcoder said:
Pellegrini still isnt a high profile manager, hasnt handled a STAR squad yet.

He is a very good deal-maker (somewhat like Moyes in EPL although much more experienced). His treatment of Riquelme was shocking to most in the beginning but it turned out to be beneficial later on (And Villareal also changed their playing style now that there wasnt too much dependance on a single player). He will have a tough job on his hands, lets see.

True. It is a risk, but he is an experienced coach who plays good football. And he knows how to get the best out of players. Lets see how it turns out.

Either way, El classico this year will be awesome.

Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Ibra vs CR9,Kaka,Robben,Villa

I think Ronaldo goin to madrid was inevitable. No doubt it will weaken the mancs...but 80million is HUGE !!
Now lets see wut fergie's gonna do with all dat cash.

cheers.

Darthcoder said:
Forgot to add, Ronaldo will be playing in a shitty league from next season, no? :p

In an inferior league yes. But the question is, will it stay that way for long?

Can't wait to see a whole new wave of Real Madrid "fans" now.

Back