Monitors 22 Incher LCD Suggestion

G@d of w@r

Skilled
hi guys.. just need a favor of choosing right monitor..

Gotta purchase LCD this friday... (expect another showoff :bleh:)

confused between VS & LG cause VS got 700:1 contrast & LG got 3000:1 contrast :S + LG got
DVI-D / D-Sub 15 pini / HDMI / USB / 2MS

main usage: Movies, Gaming, Widescreen. budget (15K + -)

ive chosen :

VS - VX2235Wm and

ViewSonic: Products: Desktop Displays: LCD Displays: X Series: VX2235wm

LG 22-inch L22WT

Monitor LCD LG L226WA-WN 22 inch wide 2ms

VS - VX2235WM costs 15.6k

LG costs 17.5K

VS - new model with webcam VX2255WBM costs 17.6k

will b getting 5k off sellinng off my 17Incher and 15 incher.

what are the current prices for 22" and 24" LCDs?

i wana get best for 20K the best in color vibrancy

TIA guys.. waiting for experts to reply :)

PS : Mom is refusing to buy 2 x 17" Wide :( so have to go for the best monitor i can get for 20K

The specs cud b misleading ..the 3000:1 is dynamic contrast ratio, and it hardly makes an impact. check for the typical CR. And finally the best thing is take a demo of both the products before u buy it.

i would not recommend a Viewsonic to anyone as it's warranty is horrible in India

May be the service centre in Kolkata sucks :p...I gt my money back for faulty 28" VX2835wm except the tax portion as they could not replace it with another within one(had offered me 2 22" though :p but I refused). And the only issue with that LCD was that it couldn'y save the contrast/Brightness after being powered off.Lot of people here in Blore I have seen got nice upgrades frm Viewsonic RMA ( 17" to 19" nd all as similar models were discontinued)

@nVidiabeast : Are u sure abt the model no. of the LG one? is it not L226WTQ? The WA one wasn't available with any LG dealer when i enquired, they all had only WTQ (this is without HDMI and component inputs)..

Go for Dell 22". Its better than Viewsonic. I have a viewsonic and have calibrated a Dell for my friend. So I know which is better. Viewsonic is very good though for the price. SPecially Vx2255 wmb

@ Niks dealer quoted price for LG L22WT only.. its around 17k. so guys can a 24" come for 20k?

Are the colors Vibrant on Viewsonic? I think i should go for LG as its got thin borders and looks amazingly slim!

1 more question. if i play games at lower resolution like 1280x880 will it effect clarity? or i have to use heavy Antialiasing on low resolution? because my 7600GT may not handle high resolution gaming on 1680*xxxx for latest game.. so the main Q is can i play games properly at low resolution?

nVidiaBeast said:
1 more question. if i play games at lower resolution like 1280x880 will it effect clarity? or i have to use heavy Antialiasing on low resolution? because my 7600GT may not handle high resolution gaming on 1680*xxxx for latest game.. so the main Q is can i play games properly at low resolution?

in games using 1280x800 is no problem

you won't loose clarity but you will need 2x AA minimum

in rest of the stuff use 1680x1050

thanks for reply. can i play at 4:3 resolution like 800x600/1024*768..? will there be any prob? also tell me, which one has the brightest colors?

main priority is the darkest shade of black and the most vibrant colors in LCD i am buying.

nVidiaBeast said:
thanks for reply. can i play at 4:3 resolution like 800x600/1024*768..? will there be any prob? also tell me, which one has the brightest colors?

main priority is the darkest shade of black and the most vibrant colors in LCD i am buying.

4:3 & 5:4 will look crappy

in 22" the Dell E228WFP has the best colors

Supra said:
May be the service centre in Kolkata sucks :p...I gt my money back for faulty 28" VX2835wm except the tax portion as they could not replace it with another within one(had offered me 2 22" though :p but I refused). And the only issue with that LCD was that it couldn'y save the contrast/Brightness after being powered off.Lot of people here in Blore I have seen got nice upgrades frm Viewsonic RMA ( 17" to 19" nd all as similar models were discontinued)
My 2025 is lying with them since 2 months. They'll probably offer me the 2235. I'm thinking of taking it, as even if I take my money back, there isn't anything I can buy instead :( Viewsonic service truly sucks.

zhopudey said:
My 2025 is lying with them since 2 months. They'll probably offer me the 2235. I'm thinking of taking it, as even if I take my money back, there isn't anything I can buy instead :( Viewsonic service truly sucks.

contact their singapore office, they will have one imported for u via the official distys here, atleast that what happened in my case..

zhopudey said:

Hey Zoup, what went wrong with yours?? :S

Back