Monitors 22 Incher LCD Suggestion

congrats on the new screen ..but i think u paid a bit high ...cause even the IT wares site has it for 16.9 k ..so you could have got it around 16.5 k @ lamington ..anywayz..enjoy some HD movies..\videos on the new monitor..

lol duud.. i got my LCD in exchange of my 2 old CRT monitors.. and i am happy paying off 1k high cause of the best customer support from that dealer... i asked him for pakka bill he gave me pakka bill thats why price more?

Willl post in show off section.. tonight or tomorrow!! till then hold horses.. this LCD is mind blowing.. it has got different modes like Cinema, Gaming, Vivid, Picture, Scenery etc. it adjust contrast etc automatically for each mode.. gaming mode looks so ****in awesome, the things which i didnt see in CRT, i am seeing on this LCD :D

I still cannot believe that i bought sucha big HD 22" monitor :p

nVidiaBeast said:
I still cannot believe that i bought sucha big HD 22" monitor :p

When I got my 2245 I had actually gone to Prime to buy the 19" and Gulbir more or less forced the 2245 down my throat - so much so that he got it delivered directly to my car without my even seeing the Panel :eek:hyeah: MAN DO I LUV GULBIR FOR DOING THIS !! I have kept quite so far about this LCD Panel because I did not want CHAOS and the other DELL GOONS have a go at me :p Now I have you and thexfactor to hide behind in case the DELL GANG attack us.

When you finally set your colours and brightness/contrast levels let me know your OSD settings - PLEASE !!!

lol.. same was with me!! my mom told me to get 19" she told me like if u will get 22" i will throw it away from balcony... when i entered home, she saw a large box.. i said it is 32" LCD, she was like.. get lost, dont enter home. return it and come back with 19" i said.. we both argued... i said look on the box.. :p she said its ok u bought 22" and 32" would b worst. my mom still comments.. this 22" wala looks very big. you should have bought 19" then i tell her all the time.. u refused me for 17" x 2 so this 22" is like 17" x 2 ;)

and yeah ive set my color/brigntness setting. i run my LCD on digital DVI. ive set my contrast on 50% and brightness to 60% levels. color temp is user color default. running standard OPTICOLOR mode. i think this LCD is head to head with Dell.. setting contrast at 50% still catches my eyes to roll out.. it strains :p

nVidiaBeast said:
my mom told me to get 19" she told me like if u will get 22" i will throw it away from balcony...

Ohhh !!! you had a problem with your MOM with the 22" montior........ me ....I had a problem with my kids for getting the 22" panel - they think I spend way too much on computer hardware ....... to pacify them what I said was - "Here take my 17" Samsung 740n LCD Panel - good for your eyes compared to your STOOPID 19" CRT monitor" .... and they were HAPPY :)

nVidiaBeast said:
and yeah ive set my color/brigntness setting. i run my LCD on digital DVI. ive set my contrast on 50% and brightness to 60% levels. color temp is user color default. running standard OPTICOLOR mode. i think this LCD is head to head with Dell.. setting contrast at 50% still catches my eyes to roll out.. it strains :p

in OSD

Brightness and contrast 100% :O
red 40%
green 50%
blue 60%

In nvidia control panel (I use old style nvidia control panel - find this easier for settings)

Brightness Desktop 81%
Brightness Overlay 77% (for videos)
Contrast for both 110 %
A touch increase in Digital Vibrance

So far I have found these setting work best for my eyes :) My aim was to get purest white I could manage with manual settings.

broar94 said:
^^^ 100% :O :O :O

What can I say ... I too felt I should not have to set the monitor at 100% Brightness and Contrast but after spending days fiddling with the settings these look the best to me ;) I have bad bad eyes and I need to set my display a bit lower than normal in brightness - the setting I now use look cleaner when brightness/contrast are reduced from nvidia's control panel rather than the Monitors OSD. :(

Before you have doubts about my being able to judge colours accurately let me mention that for 17 years I ran a Pro Transparency Film Process Lab - so if my colour judgement is way off then there must be many very unhappy Pro Photographers in India. :eek:hyeah:

Apart from audio jacks/usb hub, is there any diff in VX2235wm and VX2245wm in terms of display quality ?

nVidiaBeast/Eazy please help.....

How is ViewSonic's VX2255wmb ? My dealer has quoted 17k + tax and will get it on order only. I like the specs n features but someone told me it is known for giving ghosting probs n will devp dead pixels. How true is that ? I would actually prefer to order this one than vx2245.

Back