240GB of Awesomeness!!!

Just went through even the OCZ forums, seems CrystalMark has issues reading the SMART options in the new firmware. A lot of OCZ folks are also facing the same issue. Many report <75% Life even during the initial setup. Here is a comment from a Moderator there

SMART attribute 131/E7 or SSD Life Left is calculated by a combination of PEc 'used' and Reserve Blocks 'available' at that point in time.

THOSE WITH 240/120/60 DRIVES WILL SEE AN INITIAL DISREPANCY.. this because of the lesser amount of Blocks set aside for Reserve (over provisioned), these having being made available for OS formattable space and $Bitmap.

So you can relax. As the drive works with spec to better speeds, you don't need to worry. It's just a glitch in the software.

PhOeNiX said:
Just went through even the OCZ forums, seems CrystalMark has issues reading the SMART options in the new firmware. A lot of OCZ folks are also facing the same issue. Many report <75% Life even during the initial setup. Here is a comment from a Moderator there

So you can relax. As the drive works with spec to better speeds, you don't need to worry. It's just a glitch in the software.
whatever that is

I see everyone at 85%+ so I should

I've seen a demo of your support & has not exactly made me happy :)

Well i am already talking to the Mushkin RMA department, to try and sort it out, but since it is mostly a Software glitch, and a lot of folks around the world have the same issue, but with perfectly fine drives, and the drive works well in every other way, it doesn't qualify for an RMA. IF you see any other problems please let me know. I am still trying though.

:)

PhOeNiX said:
Well i am already talking to the Mushkin RMA department, to try and sort it out, but since it is mostly a Software glitch, and a lot of folks around the world have the same issue, but with perfectly fine drives, and the drive works well in every other way, it doesn't qualify for an RMA. IF you see any other problems please let me know. I am still trying though.

:)
I paid a huge premium & deserve 87% like others

You definetely do, which is the reason i am already pushing for a RMA to be done quickly. So please help me with an email describing the issues and i will try and get it sorted out.

Thanks again.

PhOeNiX said:
You definetely do, which is the reason i am already pushing for a RMA to be done quickly. So please help me with an email describing the issues and i will try and get it sorted out.

Thanks again.
Thanks for your great service

I realize my mistake now :)

Back