Budget 31-40k 32 inch 4K monitor suggestions

i would go for a 43" 4K TV instead of a 32" 4k Monitor, will not make much of difference, and the TVs cost within 30K in Amazon.in
Most of these cheap TVs are difficult to use as monitor. I think the refresh rate for most of these TVs are locked to 50hz (not even 60hz), latency/lag and lack of chroma sub sampling. 43'' will require too much desk space and head moving. Some TVs have game mode but I am not sure if they are good enough. Let me know if you find any cheap competent tv to use as monitor. (Ofcourse not the lg oled tvs)

Most of these cheap TVs are difficult to use as monitor. I think the refresh rate for most of these TVs are locked to 50hz (not even 60hz), latency/lag and lack of chroma sub sampling. 43'' will require too much desk space and head moving. Some TVs have game mode but I am not sure if they are good enough. Let me know if you find any cheap competent tv to use as monitor. (Ofcourse not the lg oled tvs)
Depends on your budget bro!! yeah LG OLED Tvs are expensive.

2021 Best 4K Tvs - choose 1
2021 best 4k TVS - Another Clip

People all around the world are already migrating to 4K TVs,

effect of 4K Tvs used as Monitor
4k TV used as PC monitor after 6 months

So it's matter of choice, what you are gonna do with the Monitor, I would not suggest these monitors for gaming. 4K gaming is expensive.

Depends on your budget bro!! yeah LG OLED Tvs are expensive.

2021 Best 4K Tvs - choose 1
2021 best 4k TVS - Another Clip

People all around the world are already migrating to 4K TVs,

effect of 4K Tvs used as Monitor
4k TV used as PC monitor after 6 months

So it's matter of choice, what you are gonna do with the Monitor, I would not suggest these monitors for gaming. 4K gaming is expensive.
This won’t work practically for anyone currently except those who want to use a monitor purely for gaming/ Videos
Reason for this is that there is no panel type (yet) that is suitable for all use cases - and it always is a question of compromising one parameter over the other depending on use case when it comes to selecting displays.
As you can imagine, TV manufacturers priortize their panel selection/ design for far field video viewing instead of narrow field text rendering.

To elaborate further, there are broadly three categories in the TV segment

1) Cheap TVs with low grade IPS (or VA) panels that do not even support 4:4:4 chroma subsampling - not an issue with video but a huge issue with text. I haven’t been following this category but I suspect 60hz at 4K may also be an issue

b) Mid range TVs that will support 4K60 and likely full chroma subsampling - but will use VA panels tuned for video reproduction that further accentuate the usual VA problem with text, esp on larger screens
The result is excessive gamma shift when you sit at monitor viewing distance (this is not a problem at regular TV viewing distance due to the much narrow field of vision )

c) High end TVs that typically use high grade VA panels (e.g. samsung QLEDs) - will also support 4K60 and some support 4K120 too… excellent for videos , but rather poor for viewing text from closer distances. - same problem as above although less acute .. but nowhere as good as what you’d want at the price

That leaves the current gen OLEDs which do fit the bill for text reproduction - but costs same or more than (c) above anyway ..
But With the added disadvantage of low peak brightness (although that does not matter much for monitor usage)

32 inch is only good for 2K IMHO, after using 27" monitors for both 1080p and 1440p, if anybody want to enjoy 4K, they must have 39" to 42" kinda MONITORS and with 144Hz rate to 165Hz rate is the sweet spot.

i find ACER PREDATOR 43" 4K monitor @ 144hz refresh rate in the market, and it is priced at 95K+,

If you are a BUDGET user, 4K @ 32" is waste of money, 2K @ 32" is the right choice and can settle down with a 1070 GPU to crack 144Hz refresh rate @ 2K is awesome.
I remember same kind of conversation happening here some 6 years back where few ‘techies’ were discussing that 1080p is waste for a TV and makes no difference because their eyes can’t differentiate between 720p and 1080p on a large screen TV.

Are you the same member who joined in with the new ID again (seems like a trend these days)?

This won’t work practically for anyone currently except those who want to use a monitor purely for gaming/ Videos
Reason for this is that there is no panel type (yet) that is suitable for all use cases - and it always is a question of compromising one parameter over the other depending on use case when it comes to selecting displays.
As you can imagine, TV manufacturers priortize their panel selection/ design for far field video viewing instead of narrow field text rendering.

To elaborate further, there are broadly three categories in the TV segment

1) Cheap TVs with low grade IPS (or VA) panels that do not even support 4:4:4 chroma subsampling - not an issue with video but a huge issue with text. I haven’t been following this category but I suspect 60hz at 4K may also be an issue

b) Mid range TVs that will support 4K60 and likely full chroma subsampling - but will use VA panels tuned for video reproduction that further accentuate the usual VA problem with text, esp on larger screens
The result is excessive gamma shift when you sit at monitor viewing distance (this is not a problem at regular TV viewing distance due to the much narrow field of vision )

c) High end TVs that typically use high grade VA panels (e.g. samsung QLEDs) - will also support 4K60 and some support 4K120 too… excellent for videos , but rather poor for viewing text from closer distances. - same problem as above although less acute .. but nowhere as good as what you’d want at the price

That leaves the current gen OLEDs which do fit the bill for text reproduction - but costs same or more than (c) above anyway ..
But With the added disadvantage of low peak brightness (although that does not matter much for monitor usage)
it's obvious, from your reply, u have not gone through the youtube videos, which discusses all your points, like 4:4:4, chromo subsampling, and how to correct the settings for text viewing is presented in those videos, The error correction is done in a combo of settings between Win 10 OS and PC settings for DISPLAY in the TV. ... Anyway it's only for Budget people. Not for TV Haters. ....And people are already using it, i think they are wise to use it.

So, again it is a matter of choice and budget.

FYI, even PC Monitors have not reached that level of standards of expectation of HDR 1000 nits, Refresh Rate 240Hz , 4K OR 8K, DISPLAY PORT TROUBLES, Not any premium monitors have 2 Display ports of version 1.4, NO HDMI Sockets with version 2.3, G-SYNC COMPATIBILITY, so we are in stone age in terms of 4K, and if i can get a Monitor with all these expectations around 30K, that will be the day where Brands keep their words.

If you have found such monitors, please post the list, i would be happy to choose one.

Given this scenario, 4K TV Monitors is a Temporary haven to enjoy.....
The dot pitch on TVs make it unsuitable for PC usage if you sit within 2 feet of your screen.
sit 3 feets apart and enjoy bro!!! :)

it's obvious, from your reply, u have not gone through the youtube videos, which discusses all your points, like 4:4:4, chromo subsampling, and how to correct the settings for text viewing is presented in those videos, The error correction is done in a combo of settings between Win 10 OS and PC settings for DISPLAY in the TV. ... Anyway it's only for Budget people. Not for TV Haters. ....And people are already using it, i think they are wise to use it.

So, again it is a matter of choice and budget.

FYI, even PC Monitors have not reached that level of standards of expectation of HDR 1000 nits, Refresh Rate 240Hz , 4K OR 8K, DISPLAY PORT TROUBLES, Not any premium monitors have 2 Display ports of version 1.4, NO HDMI Sockets with version 2.3, G-SYNC COMPATIBILITY, so we are in stone age in terms of 4K, and if i can get a Monitor with all these expectations around 30K, that will be the day where Brands keep their words.

If you have found such monitors, please post the list, i would be happy to choose one.

Given this scenario, 4K TV Monitors is a Temporary haven to enjoy.....

sit 3 feets apart and enjoy bro!!! :)
i don’t need to go through youtube videos to say what i had to say- because i have tried enough and more combinations by self..
Learnt a lot along the way so shared here when i saw someone in with dilemmas similar to what i have gone through.

not sure why you’d assume i hate am a TV hater :) but anyway, its up to you to take it or leave it.

i don’t need to go through youtube videos to say what i had to say- because i have tried enough and more combinations by self..
Learnt a lot along the way so shared here when i saw someone in with dilemmas similar to what i have gone through.

not sure why you’d assume i hate am a TV hater :) but anyway, its up to you to take it or leave it.
LOL, I myself is a TV Hater, :p, i love PC monitors for their accuracy and resolution crispness, and the PPI,
But right now we are forced to a situation, where GPUs are not meant for GPU anymore, instead it's role has changed to a different medium, that has its rubbish impacts on common PC users, :)
and to rub the salt to the wound..... we don't have decent PC Monitors in the market that has beyond 400 nits promisingly, that is below par, People have no other way to buy only those monitors which are available. So, it's a temporary passage to shift wisely to VA Panel 4K TVs that supports PC. OLED Tvs are better choice, but not for a budget user.

So, i put some points about the haven....... for magnonimity, instead of watching 4K stuff in a 27"/32" Monitors, one can go for 4K TV given the work around settings demonstrated in the youtube to help our brothers to set it right for their viewing pleasure. that's purely my opinion. What u said is true? But Human intelligence is about making the best out of the situation... :p

To add an interesting input, PROJECTORS can project from 120" to 240", it's off-topic, but worth a mention, to enjoy 4K.

Last edited:

I have the above BenQ EW3280U monitor connected to a NUC8i3BEH via HDMI cable. Will connecting it via Thunderbolt be better than HDMI?

Just want to make the best of the display.

Any one has experience on this monitor? Is it good for text based usage? like visual studio use.

Any other suggestion for 32" 4K monitor, around 35K? main usage is visual studio and it should support USB-C power delivery to support xps13 or m1 air.
There is USB C with 65 Watts but no Display port. Plus it's a VA panel. Also no Freesync.

. Plus it's a VA panel
Looks like VA is not recommended for text and poor viewing angle. i hate poor viewing angle, had to struggle to return the Samsung frame tv to flipkart, and went for oled model.

Will not do same mistake again now, will look for IPS monitor... sadly everything is above 50K :(

Looks like VA is not recommended for text and poor viewing angle. i hate poor viewing angle, had to struggle to return the Samsung frame tv to flipkart, and went for oled model.

Will not do same mistake again now, will look for IPS monitor... sadly everything is above 50K :(
I am looking for LG 32UN880-B but it is out of stock everywhere, where-ever I could find it online, its being quoted for 70K. When this monitor was launched, the price was 59990.

Looks like VA is not recommended for text and poor viewing angle.
Clarity of text depends more on sub pixel arrangement and the quality of matte finish, if any, of a panel. Being a VA inherently isn't a step down in terms of text clarity, but having a non standard sub pixel arrangement or a bad matte finish is, regardless of the type of panel, whether it's IPS or VA or OLED or TN.

Also "poor" viewing angles is not that big of a problem for most newer VA panels (post 2019), unless you have something like a 5 screen setup. I have a 24" VA monitor which I use as a second display for my 15.6" IPS laptop, and have absolutely no issues with text clarity or viewing angles, unless I view the monitor from more than a 45 degree angle from the sides or 15 degree from the top or bottom, at which point you're anyway facing neck pain, incorrect desk setup, or other bigger problems than just viewing angle.

Back