Video 32" LED TV For Rs.40k

N5233

Disciple
I want to buy a 32" LED tv.
It should be full HD. With HDMI and USB.
I searched around and I liked a Samsung series 4 tv.
I need suggestions as soon as possible.
Thanks is advance :D

Recently gifted someone LG 32LV3730! Its 32", LED, Full HD, USB support + it is a smart-tv capable on running apps! I really liked it! Do consider it!

I am sorry to hijack this thread but I am getting a Sony Bravia EX 410 (42") LED for 40k from Grey market without warranty. Is it wise to go for this deal? I can't seem to find any reviews of the said model but 40k for a 42" full HD LED seems too tempting.

EDIT : This is the model I am talking about : KLV-42EX410 : EX410 Series : BRAVIA , a difference of 24k from the mrp. Is it wise to get it from grey?

Well yes its always worth getting it from the grey market,for 24k price difference you can probably get a replacement panel for that price.

Just make sure you have a good stabilizer like V-guard crystal series.If you live in a hot place without no air con and if you do some marathon movie or game sessions its better not to wall mount which restricts air flow.

You can also ask sony if they are willing to offer the paid extended warranty of 2 years,BRAVIA Extended Warranty Packs you can say that you got this tv has a gift and you don't have the bill and didn't get the warranty card in the box.Do not say them you got it from the grey market.

Thanks, but why is there so much difference in the price? I can understand a difference of 5k-6k but a difference of 24k is too much. Is the difference usually this much? My friend has already got it from the grey and the TV is awesome but the huge price difference is making me think twice in investing in this.

Well Sony MRP prices are made in such a way that they work throughout india and the best street prices with bill and warranty are not much different from MRP price.

Since Sony lcd are a direct import they attract a duty of around 35% ,compared that to samsung and lg which are assembled in india and perhaps some components like power supply,bezel are made in india by local oem,only the lcd panel is directly imported which attracts a duty of just 5%.

So in the grey market they by pass the 35% duties which make it a really tempting deal.Grey dealers rarely sell brand like lg or samsung since there is not much of a margin.

Just a headsup for folks going with LG HDTVs with the intention of USB media playback - my boss got hold of this so called smart TV a week back which has the support for playback of mkv files. But the supports are very limited. I gave him a bunch of hd-rips and a majority of them were not supported (i.e. failed to play) and in some cases, the audio wasn't supported (video plays fine without any audio). The same files were supported by my Samsung TV (which btw is close to an year old without any firmware updates whatsoever). Besides, the UI of the LG display looked very cheesy and in a way kiddish compared to those found on Sony, Samsung and Panasonic displays.

This was the model of the LG TV - LG 42LV5500 LED LCD TV - 100Hz Full HD 1080p Smart LED TV - LG Electronics IN

Agree on UI of LG its does look kiddish, imo the best UI is probably in 2011 samsung tvs and followed by Q3 released 2011 Sony BE3 based tvs,i some how don't like the UI in X-reality based tv,which sometimes can be confusing.

Gannu said:
Just a headsup for folks going with LG HDTVs with the intention of USB media playback - my boss got hold of this so called smart TV a week back which has the support for playback of mkv files. But the supports are very limited.

Besides, the UI of the LG display looked very cheesy and in a way kiddish compared to those found on Sony, Samsung and Panasonic displays.

Apart from that, i recently demoed the Toshiba and Panny televisions.. and boy.. did they have pathetic remote controller layouts.

Menu was too basic or too damn decorated.

^Some of the high-end Samsung displays have the remote's surface carved from single-mold brushed aluminum. Looks killer!

The lowest price quoted to me for the 40EX520 (40") was 58K by a dealer in Hyderabad (who quotes the least rates possible and is fairly reliable) other dealers had quoted me a 60.5K price inclusive of the then available diwali gifts (airtel dth+alarm clock). Sony Xreality based TVs support very less file formats so that surely is a -ve point.

@Bluffmaster: I talked with 2-3 knowledgeable dealers in Hyderabad. The main reason why EX410 is 7-8K lower than than the EX420 despite having 2" of real estate is that it is not a smart TV (No internet) AND the panel in it is not S-PVA unlike that in the other X-Reality based EX models (the dealer told me it was an IPS panel in that model).

AND, for those considering SONY based SMART TVs, you will have to buy an additional adapter (costs around 1600) for using Wifi on the TV. Lan cable can be directly plugged into the TV but if you need Wireless access then that adapter has to be used.

Back