Graphic Cards 3D MARK 06 score reduction almost by 2000 points!!!

keep af & aa to application control as funky said in the control panel.

then run 3dmark 06 & check.

for games your cpu does matter a lot. but for 3d mark it doesnt. so just do what funky said. i am sure u are so dumb that ur aa & af will be set to max. & then u say your psu is at fault.

In most wanted I mentione the entire thing in the above post, cpu doesn't seem the problem if I get >45fps, had I been getting <35fps, that may still cause the problem, but not 45+

Also, one of the most cpu intensive games today, Quake 4 runs fine on 1280X1024 4x AA High(ultra not supported in demo)

^^Surprisingly, the GPU tests are all absolutely shader limited in 06. There's no effect of the CPU on those... you can run the CPU at 1GHz and you won't notice a difference. The CPU tests themselves are a different matter though.

Dude run 3dmark 06 yourself and see. I am talking after doing it myself. No offense but check facts before you post.

Hmmm ... ok .. so ur right .. so can u explain this ... take this two configurations :

(i)Intel Pentium4 3.0 GHz @ 3.6 GHz , 1 GB DDR400 , XFX 6600GT @ 500/1000 ...

(ii)AMD Athlon64 2800+ @ 1.8 GHz , 1 GB DDR400 , XFX 6600GT @ 500/1000 ..

SO accordingly , 3DMark06 scores should be the same right ?? then how come the first rig gets around 16xx .. while the 2nd one barely touches 14xx ... Hmmm .... so how come such a big diff. ??? Isn't the card totally the same .. ??? Drivers were same ...
And then .. some people with X2's can hit 4k's in 3DMark06 .... while with normal Athlon64's , u can't do that easily ... maybe a massive oc ... now why would this happen ???

Infact if i'm not wrong ... the GPU is only a subsidiary processing unit .. meaning ... if the CPU doesn't guide the data to the GPU , its useless .. am i not correct ??? So in this case .. the better the CPU , the more efficiently the GPU can perform (remember the CPU bottleneck thingy ??) ....

deathvirus_me said:
Hmmm ... ok .. so ur right .. so can u explain this ... take this two configurations :

(i)Intel Pentium4 3.0 GHz @ 3.6 GHz , 1 GB DDR400 , XFX 6600GT @ 500/1000 ...

(ii)AMD Athlon64 2800+ @ 1.8 GHz , 1 GB DDR400 , XFX 6600GT @ 500/1000 ..

SO accordingly , 3DMark06 scores should be the same right ?? then how come the first rig gets around 16xx .. while the 2nd one barely touches 14xx ... Hmmm .... so how come such a big diff. ??? Isn't the card totally the same .. ??? Drivers were same ...

And then .. some people with X2's can hit 4k's in 3DMark06 .... while with normal Athlon64's , u can't do that easily ... maybe a massive oc ... now why would this happen ???

Infact if i'm not wrong ... the GPU is only a subsidiary processing unit .. meaning ... if the CPU doesn't guide the data to the GPU , its useless .. am i not correct ??? So in this case .. the better the CPU , the more efficiently the GPU can perform (remember the CPU bottleneck thingy ??) ....

Dude are you reading properly?????

We are talking about GPU scores.

3dmark 06 has seperate GFX and CPU score and then combined 3dmark score.

And whats being said is about GPU score. Go in the 3dmark section there are score of single core and dual core. And the difference in final 3dmark score with same GPU is due to CPU score. And not GPU.

Thats why dual core CPU gives more 3dmarks06 score. but GPU score remains similar for perticular card.

This is one benchmark where for GPU score the CPU does not matter. Thats why its called synthetic benchmark.

LOL the difference is cos of the CPU score being added in the overall score :p. The final 3d mark score is a sum of SM3.0+SM2.0+CPU score. Its because of the CPU score that the first config gets a higher score. The SM3.0+SM2.0 scores will be equal with a margin of error. Both of us are referring to this and not the overall score.

You dont know about MSN remote assistance?????????

Its a msn messenger feature by which i can access your desktop remotely. see whats wrong myself. its like i am on your desktop.

If you trust me regarding this PM me your msn email address and what time you are online usually.

Chaos said:
^^Surprisingly, the GPU tests are all absolutely shader limited in 06. There's no effect of the CPU on those... you can run the CPU at 1GHz and you won't notice a difference. The CPU tests themselves are a different matter though.
The CPU indeed doesn't affect performance in 3D mark like you mentioned... I was just kiddin, but I did pawn kaput boi!! :bleh:

@ dude kappu... something is wrong in your rig... And you ask whether AA and AF make a difference?? And whether SM 3 makes a difference or not?? Man send that X1900XT to me... I'll pay ya some 20K or so, and then I'll have 3 good cards :tongue: ... And let a n00b like me show ya decktoi..:p how it done...
You get a 30K card but dunno how to set up your sys right... OMFG :rofl:

@ on this post some of the funniest reads ever... death virus, kappu boy etc..

Back