3G Auction Winners

One thing is sure, 3G tariff would higher. If 3G deployment made by BSNL/MTNL are a example - such higher prices won't sell in market. BSNL/MTNL have tried everything to sell 3G data but with limited success. If companies price is lower than they won't recover their costs. So it would be interesting to see what approach companies adopt. 2) Premium Pricing 3) Volume Pricing

Hopefully, 2G data prices would fall now. That's sufficient for me:D maybe after year or so when plans are attractive like cheap Unlimited plans are launched I might join the 3G bandwagon.

AT&T had a lot of problems with their 3G networks being choked when the iPhone was launched . Mobile bandwidth is limited and adding more capacity is not exactly cheap so I highly doubt any operator will go in for volume based 3G growth .

^^

It is highly probably that most of the biggies will offload their 2G services to the 3G spectrum, to release the choke currently on 2G. And then plan the 3G core services. Depends how fast they can do it, and if consumers show interest. BWA seems a better picture. Lets hope that is better, and we get cheaper broadband rates.

One way good that 3G was sold at quite high....I guess BWA auction will be at least at sane levels ! But there is high chance of Reliance and Tata to quote insane amounts to get the BWA licenses. If Qualcomm gets one of the license , it will be good as they plan to directly roll out TD-LTE in the 2.3Ghz spectrum :O.....if they get it many broadband operators will be out of business :rofl:

http://convergence.in/blog/2010/03/18/qualcomm-wireless-broadband-bid-wimax-forum-protest/

I have a doubt regarding BWA. When the auction for Wimax spectrum is going to take place now, howcome Tata and Reliance are alreading providing broadband using wimax?

Is it that they are currently running on some inefficient spectrum band?

one thing is also , as the bids gone high , Data 3G plans will sure high for all .

so it won't make any impact on competition of internet browsing through broadband . Wht we expecting the lower price of broadband is going to drain:ashamed:

Experts say that high bids will have no effect on consumers. If operators come up with expensive plans then nobody will go for them, so it would take operators 4-5 years just to recover the cost and then their profits will start.
And also Number Portability system will most probably start by 1st July, so there will be strong competition among the operators also. Lets see and hope for the best.

in Tamilnadu aircel is there, i love aircel, because it is cheap in 2g(unlimited(download + browsing) for only 98) hope cheap rate continues in 3g also
i don't like airtel they take my whole money(also my balance moves to minus 9) for using gprs(because in it limited, download charge extra)

I dont think the realistic speed would be any better than 256/512 Kbps. 3G can support upto 7.2Mbps but that is when you have only one subscriber in a cell area accessing 3G network of the operator. This too when the entire spectrum has been allocated to packet data, which they will not. So it can support around 28 simultaneous connections in a cell site with 256Kbps access.

For proper internet use wimax should be a better option.

Back