3g vodafone data card

Surve.p

Disciple
Hi,
Anyone heard about the vodafone data card...3g ready @300kbps ? Comes with a sim card inserted in the USB stick...
Speeds sounds ok on the move...but any users of this at the moment? Does it really give 300kbps, or less/far less/miserable? Looking for prepaid plans ...and they have rasnoably priced ones...Atleast I know the coverage is good...even in remote location...I believe a better coverage than rel netconnect...

So, any current users of vodafone data card/USB stick? ....reviews??

Thanks

Just in case if you are confused with units. That is 300 kilobits (300kbps) = 37.5 kilobytes (37.5 KB) Usually we see download speed in KB.

8 bits = 1 Byte

@Surve

This is nothing but a "3G READY STICK" but vodafone providing 2G EDGE connection on the same. Just that in future when vodafone launches 3G you need not buy a new stick. They had come in my office too with a 599 Rupees unlimited use offer. I called them for demo at my home and speed hardly touched (100kbps..small b). Even google struggled to open :p

@raksrules,
hey thanks for your inputs...yeah that's the one....599 for unlimited...seemed reasonble...just wasn't sure of the speeds...at the mo it's 2G, but I guess when 3 G comes, speeds should be much higher...
Guys, once 3 G comes, how would you compare this (vodafone 3Gdata card) with say a Tata Photon+... Any guesses?... anyone

Its a future ready device you can say....
Currently all over Maharashtra MTS is using the towers and bandwidth of Vodafone... So definately you can expect them to deliver good 3G speeds when 3G is officially launched(perhaps in Jan 2011). As of now you will only get normal 2G speeds which are no more good for daily surfing also... as websites are very heavy these days....
I would suggest not to dive in for this device but go for BSNL instead...

@raksrules
same here in kolkata
bought a voda 3g ready stick with sim for 1500/= and mostly downloads are at 160~200 kbps (small b :( ) for the best sites often going down to 120kbps
using 500/= pm for 10GB (for my usage that translates to unlimited ;) )

same here in kolkata

bought a voda 3g ready stick with sim for 1500/= and mostly downloads are at 160~200 kbps (small b ) for the best sites often going down to 120kbps

using 500/= pm for 10GB (for my usage that translates to unlimited )

what's the default model given by vodafone...i think e220..is it correct...

@rasik
they used to sell a stick with 2gb of included flash mem for 2k+
now they are giving the cheaper one without extra flsh storage
asking 1600 bargained and got it 1500 ;)
model is ZTE (china company) K3570Z

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

er... i was thinking may get better speeds with one of those strap-on external antenna that use inductive coupling
anyone has any ideas where one can be bought????

Hello,
Now that 3G is in, just wanted to ask this question again ...
how does the Vodafone 3g USB stick compare with a Tata Photon + ? Any reviews from users of the Vodafone 3G USB stick, with 3G (not 2G) speeds ? What are the average speeds like?
Voadfone CC says they have unlimited plans for prepaid customers - upto 5599/- 1 year validity, and unlimited usage, speeds upto 21.1mbps. Anyone used this USB stick for their laptops/netbooks?

I believe Vodafone has 2 stick models in India? I went to the store today and got a postpaid SIM and they only had the older/slower ZTE K 3570 (upto 3.6 mbps) and not the K3765 (upto 5.7 mbps) according to their website - so waiting for my SIM to get activated post verification, will try it in my phone for a week before getting a data card :)

Thanks for your response …
From what I recollect, the guy said the unlimited plan was for prepaid connections… they had slabs for 1 month (599/- unlimited), 3 months (1599/- unlimited), 6 months (2999/- unlimited), 12 months (5599/- unlimited). They definitely mentioned 21.1Mbps…didn’t ask for the name/model of the modem though. Just not sure how limited the ‘unlimited usage’ actually is..

@vishalrao - do you plan to use the vodafone (old/new) stick, or use the sim on a better, faster local (huawei?) modem ?

^ I believe that was the pricing on 2G but the data card supported 3G speeds. I don't think they will be offering the same plan on 3G.

But as Vodafone is offering 3G on trial basis now, you should be able to get 3G speeds on the above plan till they announce the proper 3G tariff.

Initially I plan to use the SIM in my phone until 3G is launched officially and prices and actual speeds are well known.

If I read that Vodafone 3G network actually gives more than 3.6 or even more than 5.7 mbps once its launched and people report real results then I would want to go for another modem like Huawei or ZTE which supports full "upto" 21 mbps standards :)

If the network/speeds itself is slow from Vodafone (say capped to under 3 mbps or under 6 mbps) then I probably will get their own branded sticks.

My main requirement is compatibility for all Windows 7, Mac OS and Linux which both the Vodafone sticks (being old models) for sure have got.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update: But then again, even if they are slow today, they could very well boost their speeds up to 21 mbps support in the future so its probably safe to just get a stick that supports 21 mbps on 900/2100 band with cross OS platform support :)

@vishalrao so how is the speed coming along with your phone?

Just wondering what posters think about the comparision between the Photon+ and Vodafone’s 3G… currently, the former’s modem (and plan charges) are slightly more expensive than Vodafone 3G…don’t know for how long though. How about the (average)speed difference between the two? Anyone used both and found out?

^ As of now, Vodafone 3G is far more better than Photon+. I was using Photon+ in Chennai till few months back and speeds were in the 500-800 Kbps range. But now on Vodafone 3G I easily get 2-3 Mbps. But it all depends on the final 3G tariff plans from Vodafone.

varkey said:
^ As of now, Vodafone 3G is far more better than Photon+. I was using Photon+ in Chennai till few months back and speeds were in the 500-800 Kbps range. But now on Vodafone 3G I easily get 2-3 Mbps. But it all depends on the final 3G tariff plans from Vodafone.
dont wry once plans will be out photon will looks more sweet

Back