40" LCD! Sony or Samsung?

Happy Singh said:
The main purpose is watching TV through any dish connection like tata-sky. you said HD ready will be 16.9:huh: then what about Full HD i think Full HD are 16:9. i want to ask you guys that will there be any difference in pic quality by changing the disk connectivity like now a days there is something mpeg4 set-up boxes from Airtel will there be any difference as compare to Tata-Sky?

Actually the difference is this:

HD Ready - HDTV set capable of accepting HD signals (may not be able to display at full resolution 1920x1080)

Full HD - HDTV set capable of accepting HD signals and able to display full resolution at 1920x1080

AFAIK those Airtel MPEG4 boxes are same as Tata Sky ones but since I have used neither so for PQ comparison I would suggest waiting for others (who have used/seen both) to reply or you can also look in the DTH threads here.

well the mpeg4 services from big tv do have a slight edge in PQ,add to that the stbs with component out also are a bit better.
but TS seems good know they have discovery turbo and many other channels that are absent in other DTH.they also have the highest number of transponders nearly double compared to rival dth.so once they shift to mpeg4 transmission then they will have the edge either the present channels will be of better PQ or more channels can be added.

a crt user upgrading to a 16:9 tv will always feel disappointed with the PQ initialy but as he watches more on a HD/FHD lcd he will come to know how bad the CRTs tvs were,poor ANSI contrast,huge pixel pitch or dot pitch,reflections,high eye fatigue etc.
the lcds just show how bad the source is,which CRTs fail to show.

kestrel5915 said:
Actually the difference is this:

HD Ready - HDTV set capable of accepting HD signals (may not be able to display at full resolution 1920x1080)

Full HD - HDTV set capable of accepting HD signals and able to display full resolution at 1920x1080

AFAIK those Airtel MPEG4 boxes are same as Tata Sky ones but since I have used neither so for PQ comparison I would suggest waiting for others (who have used/seen both) to reply or you can also look in the DTH threads here.
I know the difference between Full HD and HD Ready:p i just wanted to know that why you saying HD Ready a 16:9:S

adder said:
well the mpeg4 services from big tv do have a slight edge in PQ,add to that the stbs with component out also are a bit better.
but TS seems good know they have discovery turbo and many other channels that are absent in other DTH.they also have the highest number of transponders nearly double compared to rival dth.so once they shift to mpeg4 transmission then they will have the edge either the present channels will be of better PQ or more channels can be added.

a crt user upgrading to a 16:9 tv will always feel disappointed with the PQ initialy but as he watches more on a HD/FHD lcd he will come to know how bad the CRTs tvs were,poor ANSI contrast,huge pixel pitch or dot pitch,reflections,high eye fatigue etc.
the lcds just show how bad the source is,which CRTs fail to show.

ok crt fails to show the bad source which we see in LCD but i don't think that the reason of those bad PQ in LCD's i think because of that much big resolution DTH fail to show good PQ . (Correct me if wrong) and normal CRT tv has max of 1024x768 resolution. in simple language CRT moniter has less resolution size compare to Full HD.

Happy Singh said:
ok crt fails to show the bad source which we see in LCD but i don't think that the reason of those bad PQ in LCD's i think because of that much big resolution DTH fail to show good PQ . (Correct me if wrong) and normal CRT tv has max of 1024x768 resolution. in simple language CRT moniter has less resolution size compare to Full HD.

well the source is the one to blame,in the crts u just don't see the limitations of the source video , so yes its the DTH fault
a typical CRT tv has a VGA resolution,only some rarely(in india atleast) do u find HD crts.

adder said:
well the source is the one to blame,in the crts u just don't see the limitations of the source video , so yes its the DTH fault
a typical CRT tv has a VGA resolution,only some rarely(in india atleast) do u find HD crts.

So will the less resolution LCD TV will solve this issue? and what about connecting another source boost device like TV tuner with DHT? will this make a difference if not what you people suggest the best DHT for a full HD TV? or if all of them are same like Tata-Sky, Airtel MPEG4,Reliance Big, and so on then the DHT need to improve a lot for Full HD in coming future.

Happy Singh said:
So will the less resolution LCD TV will solve this issue? and what about connecting another source boost device like TV tuner with DHT? will this make a difference if not what you people suggest the best DHT for a full HD TV? or if all of them are same like Tata-Sky, Airtel MPEG4,Reliance Big, and so on then the DHT need to improve a lot for Full HD in coming future.

well the reason why i suggest u to get a FHD tv is because they use lcd panels of the latest tech improved contrast,response time,viewing angle etc.

NO adding a tv tuner will only make the source even worse or the same and is irrelevant unless offcourse if the tv was bought from USA or japan where the tvs accept only NTSC.

adder said:
well the reason why i suggest u to get a FHD tv is because they use lcd panels of the latest tech improved contrast,response time,viewing angle etc.

NO adding a tv tuner will only make the source even worse or the same and is irrelevant unless offcourse if the tv was bought from USA or japan where the tvs accept only NTSC.

OK only NTSC shows full HD source? and what should be the solution of this issue for india in coming future? May be DHT start coming in HDMI ports or any new tech going to solve this? BTW what you suggest the best DHT for FHD in India?

Happy Singh said:
OK only NTSC shows full HD source? and what should be the solution of this issue for india in coming future? May be DHT start coming in HDMI ports or any new tech going to solve this? BTW what you suggest the best DHT for FHD in India?

no when i said about NTSC,i mean't that the tvs if bought from USA cannot accept the pal standards of india hence if u use a tv tuner one can connect i.e VGA(D-SUB) in of lcd tv.

lastly its not DHT its DTH(Direct to home).

the best DTH currently is SUN HD DTH.check the SUNHD website for more info.

adder said:
no when i said about NTSC,i mean't that the tvs if bought from USA cannot accept the pal standards of india hence if u use a tv tuner one can connect i.e VGA(D-SUB) in of lcd tv.

lastly its not DHT its DTH(Direct to home).

the best DTH currently is SUN HD DTH.check the SUNHD website for more info.

Ok thanks for the information. :) but Indian DTH need lot to improve. Its just that we have Full HD TV's but not the Full HD PQ. as you said earlier all blame to Source.

Back