43 Inch UHD TV - acer

On a side note, my existing 6 yr old 40in vu tv has developed image burn in + white bleed around all 4 sides. Any possibility of repairing this ?
20220812_133945.jpg

keep us posted, some stories of issues after 1-2 months but feedback mostly positive. might pick one up for the house based on your feedback :)

Got it installed, audio is good. Video isn't. Colours seem dull. Maybe will have to keep adjusting the colours till I find the sweetpot.
Well for 20k, cannot expect very high quality . Doesn't have 5ghz wifi.

Got it installed, audio is good. Video isn't. Colours seem dull. Maybe will have to keep adjusting the colours till I find the sweetpot.
Well for 20k, cannot expect very high quality . Doesn't have 5ghz wifi.
Write a detailed review in review section after few days of usage based on your observations..
The only option is to get the panel replaced if it is available
Any reason for such burning issues? Never seen on any tvs till date even if tv was used 10+ hours and 10yrs old!

Write a detailed review in review section after few days of usage based on your observations..

Any reason for such burning issues? Never seen on any tvs till date even if tv was used 10+ hours and 10yrs old!
Don't wait for review, OS is laggy, colours are dull, even 4k video looks dull, bluetooth is pathetic, only saving grace is the sound bar.
Time to retire or find another use for my mx5021

Actual issue is bad OS and not so great Android Hardware. No complains with tv panel or audio part, Great with firestick , but then that defeats the pupose of android TV. It is on Android Pie (9.0) , i have asked for an update to 11, lets see how it goes.

Actual issue is bad OS and not so great Android Hardware. No complains with tv panel or audio part, Great with firestick , but then that defeats the pupose of android TV. It is on Android Pie (9.0) , i have asked for an update to 11, lets see how it goes.
it should auto update once connected to the web?

it should auto update once connected to the web?
nope it did not auto update, i requested them to ask the service engineer to do manual update, that wasnt done, they have taken the tv back and issuing refund. Horrible exp, as soon as i switche on the blue tooth, video used to freeze / lock up, audio would play .

I bought a Motorola 43" UHD TV back in Aug 2020 for near 30K.

It had and still has Android 9 (it used to get software updates initially, no major android versions), has the Netflix "certification", built-in chromecast, and decent RAM (2.25gb) and storage (16gb) so the OS is pretty smooth.
Only flaw I found was the wifi was single band which I was disappointed about but whatever...

It had many reviews saying that the remote doesn't work after a few days to a month, I ignored and boy was it true... Happened to me after a month but the support from Jeeves/Flipkart did replace it within a week or two and since then it's fine, touchwood and I'm happy with the purchase.

The technician who came to install the Acer told, " TCL is good, but no one buys that". so now 3 options for Bigbillion day sales
VU Motorola TCL.

The technician who came to install the Acer told, " TCL is good, but no one buys that". so now 3 options for Bigbillion day sales
VU Motorola TCL.
Hisense is also good.

Vu is rebranded Hisense TV as per some people.

The newer Mi TV's are also good

Panasonic is a good option (I have been using one since past 5 years). Sanyo is sister brand of Panasonic. You can check that out as well.

You should look at TCL, Hisense, iFfalcon,VU. These are the uper brands in the lower part of budget. Others are not good as compared to these whatever the brand Mi, Redmi, Oneplus no one is good as these four.

TCL C835 was launched recently in India for 1.1L . This offers the specs which are nowhere to be found in other top brands under 2L.
Apart from the OS this TV is best bang for the buck if budget allows.

Back