Graphic Cards 4890 OC vs GTX 275, which one is better ?

Hi need to order new gfx card for my system but just confused which one to go for. As my friend is coming next week from u.s need to order these Asap.
price Wise 4890 O.C is for 185 $ and GTX 275 pny one is for 199 $ and O.C version is for 230 $. just confused which one to go for . Kindly Advice.Anyone has any other deal for gfx cards on newegg or ewiz or any other site lemme know.max Budget is 250 $ not more.

bet the 4890 & GTX 275 get the GTX 275.imho its better to get the vanila edition & oc it.why pay xtra for the oc when u can do it urself?

GTX 275 makes more sense, as its just $15 more expensive. 4890 is a good card, and mainly competes with GTX 260 OC and comes close to GTX 275.

LOL u guys. HD4890 any day.

Get the HD4890 OC version aka 900MHz core and 1000MHz memory.

It beats competition price-performance wise(I saw the review last week, cant get the site, desperately searching so I can show you why).

Becuz HD4890 and GTX275 performance difference is usually 1frame/sec and only in some games is the difference large. But that difference makes no sense.

Why? Becuz if u get 70fps inplace of 80fps, how does it make a difference?

Also, HD4890 has much lesser power consumption than GTX275(GTX275 competes with GTX285 in power consumption really!) and u wudn't wanna miss out the high IQ offered by ATi's CFAA right?

^ lol on you buddy..

GTX 275 anytime is better than ATI 4890.

As far as Power consumption is concerned both are same..

Performance wise GTX 275 is better..

:D

why u could get gtx 280 via newegg any brand cheapest cost 250 $ cause it is new chipest and 1 gb card :p

depends a lot on which games do you play and your system config.

But personally i would take 4890. It performs very well. In most games, it can even match GTX280 provided you have good enough CPU. And in games like HAWX, it even outperforms GTX 280 by big margin. :p

This is coming from personal benching on i7 with stock speed 4890. Looking ahead, it makes more sense.

Also for some reason XFX 4890s are clocking really well than other brands, so if you can get your hands on one, take it. All cards will do 900/1000 easily ( even the crappy ocers will do this easily ).

Dont spend too much extra for OC version.

both the cards are gud..in some games gtx 275 is gives better performance and in some ati 4890 goes up....people those are using nvidia they will naturally support gtx 275...and those using ati will says 4890..u can see it in all post...i will go for 4890 cheaper than nvidia and not much difference in performance......go for 4890.....

I totally agree with Shripad.the points he mentioned i was about to mention them but he did and the facts he told are very true. so buy Radeon piece cos it will give u the best value for money.;)

comp@ddict said:
LOL u guys. HD4890 any day.

Get the HD4890 OC version aka 900MHz core and 1000MHz memory.

It beats competition price-performance wise(I saw the review last week, cant get the site, desperately searching so I can show you why).

Becuz HD4890 and GTX275 performance difference is usually 1frame/sec and only in some games is the difference large. But that difference makes no sense.

Why? Becuz if u get 70fps inplace of 80fps, how does it make a difference?

Also, HD4890 has much lesser power consumption than GTX275(GTX275 competes with GTX285 in power consumption really!) and u wudn't wanna miss out the high IQ offered by ATi's CFAA right?

Sorry mate, it does make a difference when we are looking at such high end cards.

And about AA, its weird but i played GRID on my pc with 8800gt and with hd4850. Clear Sampling AA option was missing in 4850 but was present in 8800gt which was really disappointing.... (Multi-sampling AA is pathetic as compared to CSAA, Nvidia offered both, while ati just had MSAA :( )

My vote: GTX 275 for obvious reasons:

Performance

Nvidia Drivers hassle free support

Higher resale value

EDIT: Thinking about it, you cant go wrong with either of them.. Both are great VFM.

EDIT 2: Looking at the Brands, XFX and Sapphire vs PNY... Hmm... Just buy the card which offers a better warranty support. (Sapphire If it has intl. warranty, or XFX if its double lifetime is a valid thing)

Performance wise both will be sufficient......
But personally my exp with ATI (9870x2) hasnt been sweet so i prefer nvidia becoz of drivers stability , warranty , step up ...although 4800 series is sweet but hasnt gone to it ....
If buying 4890 better look for XFX as I have read that it oc better ..

rahul1059 said:
Performance wise both will be sufficient......
But personally my exp with ATI (9870x2) hasnt been sweet so i prefer nvidia becoz of drivers stability , warranty , step up ...although 4800 series is sweet but hasnt gone to it ....
If buying 4890 better look for XFX as I have read that it oc better ..

9870X2..:S.........i want dat card too..:D
joking apart........definitely shud go gtx 275 which when overclocked is on par with gtx 285......n rite nw gtx 275 is cheaper dan hd4890......at 13.5k its a steal.....n if it steeps dwn more........it wl b d only viable option...:eek:hyeah:

HD 4890 is fast , but when comes to handling Games like Crysis & strong graphics game - GTX275 always wins the HD 4890 @ any stage

Out of 10 games GTX 275 wins 9 games par with HD 4890

Even GTX 260 OCed edition frm PALIT & EVGA competes with HD 4890

GTX 275 worth it !

Dont compare to overclocked edition of 260, We all know EVGA SC & Palit Sonic @ 1450MHz shader clock match stock 275,280,4890.

Even GTX 260 OCed edition frm PALIT & EVGA competes with HD 4890

@ OP - U should go for HD 4890 due to overclocking headroom it offers. If you are not overclocker then stick to Palit Sonic 260, U will hardly notice performance differance (max 5% in Sonic and 4890/275 stock), where as price differance is 5k~ ? Better buy 2 260s and SLI :drool2:

any new updates on the same question ?

even i am facing the same dilemma :(

i am not sure which card should i buy ..

from these :

GTX 275/ 260/ ati 4890...

also it matters to me a lot that card should be less power hogger in idle mode..

warm regards

Back