Less than 10K 4G VoLTE & VoWifi Feature Phone

I am looking for a 4G VoLTE phone that should mandatorily support VoWifi as the cellular coverage is very poor indoors at my house. This is for my secondary JIO Sim. I am looking for a feature phone if one such is available else a no nonsense simple and snappy Android phone will do. Budget < 5K.

Any suggestions?

I am a lil sceptical if you can get a phone of reputed brand at that price, and which supports those features. You can look for Samsung galaxy M01 or panasonic eluga i6. Can't comment on vowifi though.
If you can extend your budget to atleast 8k, you might Get a decent spec phone which supports your mentioned needs.

Assuming you have no biasness towards Chinese brands and not being a techie, you can have a look at Poco M2 (10k) or poco C3(7k(3/32) or 8k for 4/64).
I would have suggested Redmi devices but they have ads which could hamper your user experience.
Poco device are same as Redmi as well as OS minus the ads.
I am assuming you are very tight on budget. My above advice is solely based on your above two requirement.

No bias as long as it VFM. This is a just a secondary phone to carry. My current OP5T can support only one VolTE and VoWifi. Because JIO only works on their mobile data I am forced to use VoWifi for JIO which anyway hardly ever works properly on the OP5T. Hence, I was thinking a simple feature phone with VoWifi would be good as the mobile signals inside my house is poor.

At this time I do not want to buy an expensive new phone as the OP5T still works fine for my needs.
@manjeet - How good is the cell phone reception indoors of the Nokia 225 4G?

No bias as long as it VFM. This is a just a secondary phone to carry. My current OP5T can support only one VolTE and VoWifi. Because JIO only works on their mobile data I am forced to use VoWifi for JIO which anyway hardly ever works properly on the OP5T. Hence, I was thinking a simple feature phone with VoWifi would be good as the mobile signals inside my house is poor.

At this time I do not want to buy an expensive new phone as the OP5T still works fine for my needs.
Sorry, haven't used the phone personally so can't say.

In past with nokia phone users I found they enjoyed great reception compare to sony/samsung... as Nokia SAR value was higher and higher SAR Value = Better Reception and vice versa

by High SAR it always doesn't mean BAD, till they fall in permissible value

Last edited:
^^. This is a good point to look into. Since.poor signal is a concern, get a phone with a relatively higher SaR value.

If brand not an issue then go with popular brands and a base variant. Avoid Micromax for now as it's build quality is questionable.

I thought of that but the problem with older phones is the battery life.
Yeah, it can be if you would use it for things other than calling. I am using a very old RN3 for similar usage as yours i.e just for calling (not VoWiFi) and battery easily lasts for a couple of days, despite being very very old.

As I did not find any suitable phone, I ended buying Moto G 5G primarily for the following 3 reasons.
  1. Owned Motorola phone in the past and had very good experience with it (Moto X Force).
  2. Near Stock Android experience.
  3. Moto Actions especially the twist to capture and double chop for flashlight.
In addition to that:
  1. Supports all currently known 5G bands which means I can use this for the next 2 years and change if required.
  2. Long Battery Life for my usage.
  3. One of the few phones that support compass in this price range.

As I did not find any suitable phone, I ended buying Moto G 5G primarily for the following 3 reasons.
  1. Owned Motorola phone in the past and had very good experience with it (Moto X Force).
  2. Near Stock Android experience.
  3. Moto Actions especially the twist to capture and double chop for flashlight.
In addition to that:
  1. Supports all currently known 5G bands which means I can use this for the next 2 years and change if required.
  2. Long Battery Life for my usage.
  3. One of the few phones that support compass in this price range.
Isn't that like way outta the budget that you mentioned? Can you recommend any moto till 10k? The g9 is 10999 and the camera bump is meh.

Yes. It was way over the budget. Initially I thought I will carry two phones (OP5T and a new feature phone) until the WFH ends. But looking at the fact there is no such feature phone available I thought it is best to go for a low midrange phone. Actually I do not miss the OP5T much as the midrange phones of today and more or less better than the flagship killers of 3 years ago. The only downside is the weight of the Moto G 5G.

Unfortunately I will not qualified enough to recommend any phones. I do have soft corner for Stock Android phones though. Hence, I always end up buying recommending OP / Moto / Nokia. Now I have lost faith in OP when they started pushing apps as part of OTA upgrades. Their intentions don't seem to be pure anymore.

Yes. It was way over the budget. Initially I thought I will carry two phones (OP5T and a new feature phone) until the WFH ends. But looking at the fact there is no such feature phone available I thought it is best to go for a low midrange phone. Actually I do not miss the OP5T much as the midrange phones of today and more or less better than the flagship killers of 3 years ago. The only downside is the weight of the Moto G 5G.

Unfortunately I will not qualified enough to recommend any phones. I do have soft corner for Stock Android phones though. Hence, I always end up buying recommending OP / Moto / Nokia. Now I have lost faith in OP when they started pushing apps as part of OTA upgrades. Their intentions don't seem to be pure anymore.
A fan of stock and one ui myself. True that they have become BUGplus. For how much did you sell your 5t for? 8/128?

Back