5 games you love going back to?

The games that originated the types of games of what I play and love today, i'd have to go back to these 5 oldies but goodies.

1) Shining Force for sega gen

2) Shining Force 2 for sega gen

3) Shadowrun for sega gen

4) FFIII - super nes

5) Quake for PC

if i could add 2 more i'd add FFVII and Quake2

Quake 3 Arena

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and New One.

Gears of War

Half-Life 2

.... in that order. :)

Pro Evolution soccer 6

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

NFS Most Wanted & NFS 2 SE

GTA Vice City

Fifa 2002 World cup (I like the fire ball & scoring goals from half :p)

--------

The game which I have completed many times is CONTRA 2 :p. used to complete it daily. :p. I still like to play CONTRA.

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but Captain Claw is working on Windows 7
yahoo.gif

yahoo.gif

Holy shit that's awesome! I think the game was available for free download for sometime now. It wasn't working in Vista when I tried last time. Must try it once more and bring back the good ol' days!

Did you change any settings before loading the game? I mean compatibility modes or anything of that sort? How did you source the game? What about the display resolution? It was 4:3 when the game came out and now with the widescreen displays, do you get the stretched display or black bars?

I have the original cd. The setup on the cd doesn't work on Windows 64 -"the program of feature cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64 bit version ....".

So I installed it on Windows 7 Starter on my netbook and copied the installed folder back to PC and inserted the disk and that was it.

It is an old cd (a few scratches bought it when I was still using Win 98 SE) hence I am using the no-cd crack. So now the disc is only required for the cutscenes.

In Video options Movies have 'Stretched' as selected can't see any other major option there. The cutscenes are very pixelated and I made it worse when I increased the volume using the keyboard - Logitech Setpoint's volume dialogue showed up - and suddenly the screen was a mess of 256 colors reversed.

The game looks fine on my 16:10 monitor and yes the 360 controller works but the D-Pad does not work only the analog stick didn't waste time with it. Set the generic usb gamepad (chinese PS2 knockoff) as the default controller in the control panel and mapped controls to that.

Never completed the game, will certainly try and beat it this time around.

Note.: Initially had set the compatibility mode to Windows 98/Windows Me but later found that it works perfectly without it.

Assassins Creed II

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Grand Theft Auto IV

Prince of Persia Warrior Within

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron

yahoo.gif

Holy shit that's awesome! I think the game was available for free download for sometime now. It wasn't working in Vista when I tried last time. Must try it once more and bring back the good ol' days!

Did you change any settings before loading the game? I mean compatibility modes or anything of that sort? How did you source the game? What about the display resolution? It was 4:3 when the game came out and now with the widescreen displays, do you get the stretched display or black bars?

Yes I played it just a Week ago. One of the best games of all time for me. I played 'Claw' and 'Hercules' (If you Remember it)

Back