Car & Bike 60km daily travelling, bike or car??

Ok I tested, the highway ride is pretty much comfortable, that too on an Activa, I still don't know about the traffic in Hinjewadi, but the highway wasn't bad considering I was riding a vehicle meant for city. I am a bit optimistic about bike, as per calculation it took me 45 minutes to reach Hinjewadi, its good??

That is early still. After 8:30 AM - 8:45 AM the traffic is hell in Hinjewadi with vehicles coming from all directions and playing Formula 1 racing with each other.
You will also see maximum impatient people who will risk their and others lives to go in the opposite direction of the road till wipro circle.

You will also see maximum impatient people who will risk their and others lives to go in the opposite direction of the road till wipro circle.

And these impatient people are in a hurry only when there is traffic on the road. For some reason people in Pune do not like to stop or go slow when asked to do so. But they will drive like a retard when there is a clear road ahead :mad:

Buddy,

I am giving a radical adivce, but believe me, that hindi proverb applies niftly here: "Jaan hai to jahaan hai". Following problems will come your way:

1. Frustration
2. Hypertension, High BP.
3. Since you are spending most of the important time in commute, you wouldn't have time to workout, you will get fat, get frequently ill.
4. Finally ponder back, was it all worth it?

Solution:

If you can move near to Hinjewadi or change job.

And I do not mean to scare you or anything but I have heard and has happened with one of my friends as well. Sometimes children of the local people play near road and sometimes some vehicle might touch them, many a Times due to no fault of the vehicle owner.
But the people there will gather and threaten and try to extort money from you.
Believe me this happens.

Secondly many a times people use an alternate road who want to travel from Hinjewadi to sus road / chandani chowk and for that the use the road near phase 3.
This road increases the travel by around 4-5kms but without traffic but the problem is it is unsafe to travel using this road. Local goons will attack you and tell that this road is not for IT people and for villagers and they will come in gangs.

Back