Graphic Cards 6600GT PCI-E x16 - which make to buy

@Quadmaster, if you are getting the card from US, you might want to consider an X800 for 189$ too. Actually its the best VFM card right now below 200$ for PCIE.

Aces if i had someone in US i wud have got my entire Rig from there.
My Cousin is there but she will be comming in December and i cant expect much
as she is tight on budget for me only ;)

Added Later
Blade after reading the Anand Tech RoundUp makes me wonder which 6600GT to purchase :S

Mods if you feel can you start a new thread for 6600GT discussion to help me in finalising my 6600GT

After reading the complete Article it seems

- Leadtek Winfast PX6600 GT TDH is the best bet and its also AnandTech Gold Editor's Choice.
It OC's to 576/1150 which is nice and lags just by a few 1 or 2 FPS to there top performance GPU's.
It stays at 34C Idle & 66C Load & Fan dB of 44.6

- Gigabyte does OC & perform better by 1 or 2 FPS than Leadtek
but heats a lot & Fan dB is 47.

- There is no Gainward in that list , will have to search for a seperate Gainward Review to tally.

So far LeadTek Winfast Looks gr8 :clap:
Any idea how much does it cost.

Is this LEadtek card available here in Mumbai , where can i get LeadTek.

Guys what do you say which one will be a better 6600GT overall.

Leadtek card are available in Mumbai, many ppl have bought them. Even Asus cards are now pretty cheap you might wanna consider them too. Infact if Asus is availabe here under 12k pick it blindly.

1 person on TA is having issues with the Leadtek card though.

As Aces said, go for Asus blindly or Leadtek. Leadtek is certainly available.... One of the guys at techtree got in touch with Mr. Sandeep of Leadtek India. He quoted a price of some 10250 for 6600GT PCIe. This was including VAT.

But then again, most places sell at a higher price than recommended by the company.....

Yup i had said this earlier, the leadtek 6600GT is one of the best. Even asus is good but then the leadtek bundle is great and it costs much lesser than the asus. The asus is still 13k i think...............

Are you sure Aces about the ASUS card.
I am now getting confused one more brand added in mind.
Now i have to choose from ASUS , Gainward , LeadTek , Gigabyte[high temps].

Now which amoungst ASUS , Gainward , LeadTek.
Are LeadTek cards having issues.
Also how is the service of LeadTek.

I want a card that wud perform gr8 also keep it cool like LeadTek & Fan dB also close to 45.

Will have t osearch for seperate reviews of ASUS & Gainward.

--------
Guys mehargags is selling his LeadTek 6600GT AGP 8x version for 13.8K with
3yrs warranty , looks costly AGP card
Here:- http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?p=41466#post41466

Anish got a 6800 Gainward for 13K is i aint wrong

yes but they both are AGP.

I think you have decided on an A8N-E. That is PCIe.

I suggest you go for Asus or LEadtek in order of importance,....

I was not going for mehars leadtek.

Leadtek 6600Gt also cost approx 10K.

I am still not able to decide between ASUS / Gainward / Leadtek PCI-E x16
only
Leadtek offer fantastic perf. & bit low temp & low sound but aces said someone had probs with leadtek on TA.

Havent seen the reviews of ASUS & Gainward.
how they perform in 3dmarks , doom3 , farcry , hl2 etc.. , temp control , fan db.
Gigabyte is out of question even if it performs gr8 but temp goes high at no load and full load.
Aces says get ASUS blindly but dont know about its cooling.

@quad: One person has a problem with a leadtek doesnt mean it's bad ;) Every product has some or the other problem, its a component afterall. That person has a problem and afaik its not related to the graphics card i think. He is getting patches in far cry only which is a game issue.

And with regards to all 6600GT cards, they perform within 1-3% of each other. except for the extreme, gamer editions etc which are clocked a bit higher. But you might have trouble finding them here. Asus has good cooling but i am not sure if it's as good the leadtek and the bundle defnitely aint good as leadtek.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, if u hav sent ur mind on Asus nd Leadtek, the n i wud suggest get the leadtek extreme edition ;), it costs 12k , Asus mite b bout the same price too,
BTw till July end prices mite b a lil less, mayb v cud get the x800 here till thn at better prices ;)

Problem with leadtek is the service in India. Same is with gainward.
ASUS and now a days gigabyte support is improved to the level that its guaranteed that you get the replacement within a week atleast in cities like mumbai.
I had to wait 1 and half months for lousy GF2 MX to get replaced by leadtek. Ended up getting 9600pro insted for my sister's PC than wait so long.
Same goes with gainward. THeir service is a big issue ans so is their HSF assembly. Many people have seen their cards get delivered with hsf comming off the card inside box.THats how flimsy it is.
Dono about the Leadtek issues. I dont think there is anything wrong with the card. Its 100% standard design. And as said all 6600GTs will scale similar in performance.
And there are no overheating issues i have seen with my Gigabyte either. If AT has issue with their card does not mean its true for all cards. Lol i have seen people complain about temps of leadtek over at guru3d and AT calls its the ccoolest card. It all depends on your case and airflow. If you have card cooler installed anything will run nice and cool be it gigabyte or leadtek or asus.
Gigabyte has gone from soso to very prompt in last 6 months when it comes to replacement.
I would shortlist to ASUS or Gigabyte depending on availability and cheaper of the two.

But see, Quaddy does not want Gigabyte due to the noise..... I know it is not much but he is the buyer after all :bleh:

So, I guess Asus is the only otpion left after all that.

So guys what do you say , shud i finalize on ASUS 6600GT , how about its temp
at mo & full load & its fan db.
Also there are many versions of 6600GT from asus , which particluar model shud i go for.

Thanks a lot for ur views it helps me a lot.
Will check asus review tonight when i go home , currently i am out at my friends place.

Mods plz merger my 2 replies

Aces is this the ASUS Card you were telling about "Asus Extreme N6600GT"
Image:- http://www.asus.com.tw/999/images/products/362/362_l.jpg
Also its GDDR3 runs at 1.6ns
OC's also well max was 579/1170
ASUS Reviews
- http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=245&p=698
- http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=printpage&artid=95
- http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Print.aspx?ArticleId=12388&PageId=13
Is this card available here @ Rashi.

This card looks gr8 to me.

Guys ASUS is a gr8 card but is it available here.
Also when is the 7XXX Series comming here

Back