Graphic Cards 7900Gt for $240 or 1900XT FOR $355

undertaker

Skilled
Okay newegg didn't have 'oem' Sapphire 1800xts so I get a refund of $300.;)
So I can either buy the Connect 3D 1900XT for $355 or 7900Gt from MSI for $239.Has anyone kept track of the 7900 issues and if they have been resolved?I think VFM wise both are evenly matched.
Opinions wanted.

X1900 XT..... without a doubt. More performance and the cases of 7900 cards dying are worrying. I know you will have warranty and all but still, it is a headache RMAing them.

And also the image quality of ATi is waaay better. Not to mention the HDR + AA capability of the ATI card.

Both cards are really good choices. The final decision would be actually what games you would be playing and what resolution and settings(consdier hdr+aa as well). If you want the absolute best get the x1900xt. btw there's an asus x1900xt for 369$ on the egg as well.

X1900xtx any day anytime...it beats the GT in every possible test. The GT was made to compete with the x1800xt. So the X1900xtx is much more powerful then the GT.

any x1900XT available here in INDIA anywhere ??? lamington road or nehru place or somewhere in Chennai ?
Just let me know, I sold of my 6600GT yest. & wanna buy a newer card soon. I'll buy an XFX/ASUS 7900GT but still wanna bang my chance on getting hold a x1900 if i can.

Kindly let me know incase someone has an UPDATED info of availability.
Thx

Blade_Runner said:
Both cards are really good choices. The final decision would be actually what games you would be playing and what resolution and settings(consdier hdr+aa as well). If you want the absolute best get the x1900xt. btw there's an asus x1900xt for 369$ on the egg as well.

yeah get the asus for 369$

Woohaa looks like people back home have stopped sleeping!Anyway thanx for the i/p guyz.I'll probably wait for the replacment RAM to arrive and use the onboard 6100 till I make up mind in a few days.First want to sort out all RAM issues.

shado_chazzer_killer said:
Sapphire x1900xt is widely available in India for 28-29K. XTX for >30.5K
can someone pls PM me where to get sapphire x1900XT here in Delhi pls. I'll really be greatfull. if not in delhi also, pls give me a reference from which state i can get it & from whom ?

Thx

OMG! The Sapphire X1900XT is down to 326 after a 30 buck rebate!Why are they so adamant that I return their 300 and then some more...?LOL

And the 'fixed' eVGA 7900GT is down to $230 after a $25 rebate.Tough choice here.I know the 1900XT is faster but I somehow do not like ATi's drivers, my monitor is a 17" Flat CRT at present(though a 20" LCD could come any fine day given their prices now), and somehow the lower power amd heat also make a case in the 7900GT's favor.

huh??

What about ATI drivers. Its been rock solid here. No issues what so ever. I didnt even bother to upgrade to two new updates as i found 6.4 to be perfect for me. And ATI gives you regular monthly updates for drivers. Choose the one that works best for you and change when you face some issue. Simple.

Dont tell me you dont like their interface :p That should be last thing anyone should consider while choosing a piece of hardware :p

Funky said:
huh??
What about ATI drivers. Its been rock solid here. No issues what so ever. I didnt even bother to upgrade to two new updates as i found 6.4 to be perfect for me. And ATI gives you regular monthly updates for drivers. Choose the one that works best for you and change when you face some issue. Simple.
Dont tell me you dont like their interface :p That should be last thing anyone should consider while choosing a piece of hardware :p
Well the CCC ain't exactly a pleasure to use.And I dunno Nvidia simply 'feels right'.Hard to explain...my nv-idiocy returns every now and then..:p

You dont even need to use ccc. You can use older version CP just fine. or there is ati tray tool. Also even with CCC installed you can do all changes without opening CCC right from ATI icon in the taskbar. I havent opened ccc in a month :p

And use dot net 2.0 its faster. loads ccc way faster.

undertaker said:
Okay newegg didn't have 'oem' Sapphire 1800xts so I get a refund of $300.;)
So I can either buy the Connect 3D 1900XT for $355 or 7900Gt from MSI for $239.Has anyone kept track of the 7900 issues and if they have been resolved?I think VFM wise both are evenly matched.
Opinions wanted.
Another vote for the X1900XT, a really good card...:hap2:
HDR + AA is a big plus even if u cannot run it at high enough settings..

^^Agreed that the X1900T is a cool deal no doubt but simple math still guides me to the 7900GT :the cheapest 7900GT incl MIR is $215 and the X1900XT is $330 ,including shiping and MIR for both; the 7900GT will most likely do 500/1500 and is it worth it to pay a 53% premium for the x1900xt?And as far IQ goes I never noticed a difference between ATi and Nvidia...guess the nvidiot within is winning...got a few more hours b4 I click on the button tonight.

Back