Graphic Cards 7900Gt for $240 or 1900XT FOR $355

I think my mind is almost made up.....the 7900GT is best..lower power and heat...50% cheaper for a 10-20% performance difference...'purer' technology(hehe....)No matter how good the X1900XT is, its still ATi and thats a -ve in my book.Gonna smoke some and make sure I don't change my mind....rofl

PS: Plus its 4th of July, wouldn't wanna buy something Canadian now would I?

Its your choice. but mid you X1900XT is better value for money. It will last you longer, it will handle shader heavy games better. The performance difference in %age does not matter. Its smooth gameplay that matters.

And believe it or not there is considerable difference in IQ. Did you ever turned on the HQ AF on you X1800XT?

If you want 7900GT go ahead and buy it. but that does not make it best ;)

The difference is not 10-20%. ProbBLY MORE LIKE 30-50%.
Also, min fps matter a lot, and with that respect a 1900xtx competes a 7900gtx sli in oblivion.

Go with a 1800xt if ou have a low budget, 1900xt is much better than 7900gt

^^Dude I have had the X1800XT and am not gonna buy the same card again, kaputboy!

And I have not yet ordered anything so my options are still open, the card on buy.com was sold-out today, which was to be expected.I am currently thinking of junking the idea of getting a high-end and getting an el-cheapo 7600GT, coz a few months down the line the $150 parts from both Ati and Nvidia will beat the crap out of the current high-end parts just like the 7600GT and X1800XL/GT demolish the 6800/x800 of yesterday and come to think of it between work and school I am not gonna have much time to play anyway, so a $300+ card ain't gonna be of much use anyway except for bragging rights may be.For the games that I do play NFS:MW, BIA etc. at 1024 x768 ,a 7600Gt is gonna be just fine.

undertaker said:
^^Dude I have had the X1800XT and am not gonna buy the same card again, kaputboy!
And I have not yet ordered anything so my options are still open, the card on buy.com was sold-out today, which was to be expected.I am currently thinking of junking the idea of getting a high-end and getting an el-cheapo 7600GT, coz a few months down the line the $150 parts from both Ati and Nvidia will beat the crap out of the current high-end parts just like the 7600GT and X1800XL/GT demolish the 6800/x800 of yesterday and come to think of it between work and school I am not gonna have much time to play anyway, so a $300+ card ain't gonna be of much use anyway except for bragging rights may be.For the games that I do play NFS:MW, BIA etc. at 1024 x768 ,a 7600Gt is gonna be just fine.
No use of this..... This is a never ending cycle. Every time you plan to buy something new, something better is ALWAYS on the horizon.

You should just decide to buy something and buy it.

If I were you, I would go for an X1900 XT. The R600/G80 will be the first DX 10 cards and we dont know how they will perform. I would skip the first generation DX 10 cards and buy the second gen cards.

This is my personal opinion. Your money, yur decision in the end :p

Nikhil said:
No use of this..... This is a never ending cycle. Every time you plan to buy something new, something better is ALWAYS on the horizon.

You should just decide to buy something and buy it.

If I were you, I would go for an X1900 XT. The R600/G80 will be the first DX 10 cards and we dont know how they will perform. I would skip the first generation DX 10 cards and buy the second gen cards.

This is my personal opinion. Your money, yur decision in the end :p

yes truly right

The R600/G80 will be the first DX 10 cards and we dont know how they will perform

so no use waiting for something which we do not know about yet (same goes for conroe & am2)

just buy a X1900XT & stay happy

I will also skip the first generation of DX10 cards and buy the second generation cards.

This is my personal opinion. now its your money & your decision in the end :p

Geforce7 series doesn't stand a change against ATI X1K series, ATI did their hardwork, and implemented many new features including AVIVO, HDR with AA and with better Shader Model-3.0 support. X1900XT is undoubtly a winner, even X1800XT beats the 7900GT.

What NVIDIA problem is, that "they tried to make G70/71 run too much cooler", and Oh! they forgot to add "required" transistors :D

:lol: that is true.

but for me, the main issues are of the 7900 cards dying and HDR + AA....

As someone suggested earlier in this thread, if you are planning to hop onto the DX 10 wagon soon, then buy a 7900 GT and make merry.

But if you are going to be uypgrading your GPU only after quite some time, then you are better off with an X1900 XT.

Once DX10 comes along it won't be optional.And the mid-range DX10 parts will almost certainly outperform the current high-end parts.Ths has always been the case.So the X1900XT while seeming all attractive now will soon be a $300 antique.Won't order anything till I get my ram back anyway.And Nvidia's 7900 series have plenty of merits as well.

The only merit as such that I can think of is that it runs cooler (which shouldnt make a difference to you as it is not like your room temp will fluctuate with the GPU).

All the features offered by nvidia, Ati matches it. and of course in the case of HDR + AA, outdoes it.

DX10 does not hold any relation to Dx9 but that does not mean the DX10 mid range card will outperform current high end cards.

No game to be released in next 1 year will be 100% DX10. it will be backword compatiable with DX9 cards with full glory it can go with DX9. And mid range DX10 cards might not be able to run DX10 feature set at optimum performance. You may very well have to revert to DX9 functionality on those cards. And its already known the next gen cards will be backword compatiable with DX9. Atleast the first revision will be.

You are also forgetting the fact that both ATI and NVIDIA dont release their mid range cards soon. It takes 406 months for these carfs to roll out after launch of flagship cards.

With current cards meating Vista requirements neither of these two companies will be in too much hurry to launch DX10 mainstream card.

Keep in mind when 7600 made its debut compared to 7800.

^^I'm surprised that every one is saying that.The GF3 ti 200 soundly beat the GF2 ultra, the GF 4 ti 4200 soundly beat the GF 3 Ti 500, with fux 5900U and 6600 it wasn't even a fight, the 7600Gt kills the 6800U....

Back