Graphic Cards 7900Gt for $240 or 1900XT FOR $355

Time m8, 7600gt was launched 2 years later. Thats exactly what i am saying. It took that much time for a mainstream card to overtake previous generation high end card.

Ahh well u r right on that front.. the ram is coming back on friday ..will test with on-board GPU to make sure everything is fine and then order ...maybe I'll toss a coin...

^^Well thats pure BS.

That's not bullshit, first of all, NVIDIA's Pure Video doesn't even come closer to ATIs AVIVO in terms of quality, secondly, HDR with AA isn't possible with NVIDIA hardware (unless you're forcing AA with Bloom a game supports), and mind you HDR with AA makes a BIG difference in games.

The main reason, why ATI runs hot compared to NVIDIA is because of those big chunks of transistors in the middle of the core (that's Ring Bus Memory Controller), takes quite a big space on the core. Although Ring Bus Memory Controller technology is going to prove much beneficial with their upcoming Video cards.

LOL undy but this time I say, go for NV at 230$ a better deal.
Look at this way buy the 230$ card, use it for a year till DX 10 cards, come out, sell it then for 150$ odd in India, and buy another 230$ card, repweat the process and you will never have games running slow.
Sure HDR + AA wont be there, but otherwise 7900GT is a very capable card will easily last you one year.

Not coming to India anytime soon...but anyways the new 'fixed' EVGA KO 7900GT is looking great right now, better cooler and at 500/1500 should be equal to or better than my previous X1800XT.Whats up with the shipping charges on newegg anyway, may be tis coz of the gas prices rising over $3/gallon...lol.

256mb will limit you with a bit lower setting in some of the current games n all upcoming games. You should not be looking anywhere below 512mb. But if u plan to play @ 12x10 ( u have a 17"CRT) for quite a long time. then the 79GT may be good enough, but if u can let go HDR+AA n Better IQ, its all upto you.

Okay the ASUS X1900XT is probably the best quality wise.Lets see what happens when the 580 SKU based 7900GTs from eVGA hit the stores next week.But if I am gonna take the damage and get a X1900XT,I better get the ASUS, for it is the best quality wise, and the Sappire model ends in an L probably a lower yield part.The R model still sells for over $380.

ya even i saw somedays back the sapphire L model. its cheaper than R but if u check the the specs they are exactly the same. so dont know.

asus is good & a good choice

Afaik the only diff between the L and the R models is the game bundle but im not sure of this. Anyway when Asus is available for such a good price, it makes better sense to go for it than sapphire, especially for resale value.

hunt3r said:
Afaik the only diff between the L and the R models is the game bundle but im not sure of this. Anyway when Asus is available for such a good price, it makes better sense to go for it than sapphire, especially for resale value.
When it comes to ATI, sapphire is GOD.
Asus dont even make their own ATI cards at the moment.

If you want something special then get this ;)
MonarchComputer.com: ATI (HIS) Radeon X1900 XT IceQ3 512MB GDDR3/PCI-E/AVIVO/Dual-DVI-DL (Retail Box)

Otherwise get the cheapest X1900XT that you can get. There is no binning going on that any of us are aware off at the moment. the difference in model of these ATI cards no has nothing to do with the SKU.

It is working now....there was some problem with my internet conn..... no Internet site was opening. But all downloads were continuing as normal. All Messengers were also working...

anyway link is working....sorry for OT .

I remember reading from a credible source that Sapphire does internal binning of the cards and the better ones are sold as BBA for a premium or some other 'higher-end' Sapphire variants where as the lower ends sell cheaper and sometimes as OEMs.Can't be absolutely sure if its true though.

Yup ur absolutely right there funky, sapphire is the best. But if he intends to sell it in India later on, Asus will fetch him a higher price.

Back