iOS A few queries regarding ios upgrade in slightly older iPhones

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I have an iphone SE, a 6 plus nd an iPhone 7

6plus is out of contention as it didn't even receive ios 13

I wanted to ask if its not good / safe / not recommended to upgrade those two to ios 14.

I am too tempted to try out the beta 6 which cme out 3 days back at least on my 7.

I guess apple has stopped making older phones buggy in newer updates.

Whatever I have researched, it says the beta 6 is pretty stable and its ok for being a daily driver... But my concern is if the beta or ultimately the stable ios14 would make my phones slow and MKe them a battery hog.

Thanks

I have iPhone 6S which is same as your iPhone SE. I am using iOS and it is great on my phone. No slowness or anything. iPhone 7 should be even better.

I would suggest go ahead and upgrade the iOS version.

I have iPhone 6S which is same as your iPhone SE. I am using iOS and it is great on my phone. No slowness or anything. iPhone 7 should be even better.

I would suggest go ahead and upgrade the iOS version.
You are on the latest ios 14 beta???

I am getting SOT around 4:40 to 5:10 hrs from last 2 weeks. My usage are webex calling for 6 hrs , youtube for 30 to 40 mins, calling 20 to 25 mins, music for few mins and whatsapp, I charge device in morning around 8am and it last till 7pm with 25 to 30% charge, I have also played pubg but after 4th game (1 game timing is around 30 to 40mins) battery got fully drain. In short phone is for casual user not for gaming.

I am getting SOT around 4:40 to 5:10 hrs from last 2 weeks. My usage are webex calling for 6 hrs , youtube for 30 to 40 mins, calling 20 to 25 mins, music for few mins and whatsapp, I charge device in morning around 8am and it last till 7pm with 25 to 30% charge, I have also played pubg but after 4th game (1 game timing is around 30 to 40mins) battery got fully drain. In short phone is for casual user not for gaming.
This is impressive
I installed the beta 6 on my ip7
Seemed fluid, and everything worked fine, but I saw battery was draining pretty fast and i am finicky about that, watched the idle drain for 3 hrs and that was it reverted to the stable version backup in 3 hrs dot.

Can feel that the beta has affected the phone and some drain is definitely there now as well.

Do you think it ll play well on my FIRST GEN SE, it's been lying since past 4 months in my cupboard lol

Can feel that the beta has affected the phone and some drain is definitely there now as well.

it was issue with last beta version now its solved .. I am not facing issue in current version
I think within 10 to 15 days full version will be released of iOS 14

it was issue with last beta version now its solved .. I am not facing issue in current version
I think within 10 to 15 days full version will be released of iOS 14
Yeah lets hope so
I faced such a huge drain that i had to immediately revert to the stable version.

BTW what's the idle drain with and without the power saver mode
Can you share
Thanks

Back