PC Peripherals A Low budget Upgrade

Dark Star said:
^^What a waste , the E5200 serves no good even if you are into OC :|

prove it :p i can beat ur X2 550 oced with a E5200 oced on a G31 on any benchmark using 2 threads :bleh: :rofl:

dude most E5xxx can do 4ghz on even cheap mobo , and athlon II needs high end mobo for that as it has locked multi , now u are saying E5xxx not good even if he ocs .

other reviewers use 790GX to overclock a Athlon II , it cant oc well on under 4k mobo .

i am going to post a review soon on A 240 + 785G vs E5300 + g31 to see which is good :)

That Biostar A3+ mb can easily do 3.8ghz stable , it has very low vdroop and give stable OC even at low v. E5XX|7XX are great ocers but they are no longer the best options available. The only one has limited OC option is me :p the Ha07 has very high vdroop and low stable oc even the A2+ performs better and can do 3.8 stable :|

Leaving the performance issue aside, the E5200 doesn't have extended capabilities like VT and all . which Gaurish will need since he uses linux and vbox Intel® Pentium® Processor for Desktop E5200 - SLAY7 , even though intel released some low end with VT I don't think they are readily available in the market since vendors has older stock usually .. http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/res...ocessor/processors/core2duo/feature/index.htm

Edit You can't judge a mb oc capabilities just with price tag . The G770Ud3p outdoes almost all the highest end with its OC capabilities while it cost less than half than its bigger sibling the Ud5p.

As far as review goes, you are most welcome :) It will be good to see an in house saga for the low end chips :)

That Biostar A3+ mb can easily do 3.8ghz stable , it has very low vdroop and give stable OC even at low v. E5XX|7XX are great ocers but they are no longer the best options available. The only one has limited OC option is me :p the Ha07 has very hig vdroop and low stable oc even the A2+ performs better and can do 3.8 stable :|

Leaving the performance issue aside, the E5200 doesn't have extended capabilities like VT and all . which Gaurish will need since he uses linux and vbox Intel® Pentium® Processor for Desktop E5200 - SLAY7

but that motherboard costs 2x the chip :p

amd depends on good motherboards while intel can do same which cheap motherboard .

E5300 has VT , only 300 bux more than E5200

anyway i am getting a biostar 785G 128mb to test with a 240 soon , will see how much it ocs and performs vs E5300 .

yes i know about the 770 but is it available here ? :(

He never mentioned about overclocking and cannot OC with a generic PSU not to forget the VT (hard to find) so E5200 isn't a good option for him .

The AMD deal suits him perfect.

Dark Star said:
^^What a waste , the E5200 serves no good even if you are into OC :|

RoBoGhOsT said:
prove it :p i can beat ur X2 550 oced with a E5200 oced on a G31 on any benchmark using 2 threads :bleh: :rofl:

hash said:
He never mentioned about overclocking and cannot OC with a generic PSU not to forget the VT (hard to find) so E5200 isn't a good option for him .

The AMD deal suits him perfect.

*sigh*
When will you people realize? The value(hint hint) in the Intel E5xxx series is not in the processors itself, but in the cheap and mature boards available for it.
Please leave your "upgrade this" , "future proof that" and even "overclocking potential" arguments for stuff higher than X2 550 BE Vs. E7500.
Im an AMD fan, though this nut-hugging has to stop. Anyone would gladly spend a few extra bucks if:- a)They have the cash to spare, b)They actually think its worth it.

Amien said:
*sigh*

When will you people realize? The value(hint hint) in the Intel E5xxx series is not in the processors itself, but in the cheap and mature boards available for it.

Please leave your "upgrade this" , "future proof that" and even "overclocking potential" arguments for stuff higher than X2 550 BE Vs. E7500.

Im an AMD fan, though this nut-hugging has to stop. Anyone would gladly spend a few extra bucks if:- a)They have the cash to spare, b)They actually think its worth it.

Amen to that .

[Update]

I went to market today, spend 2hours searching various shops. I checked out Intel's and AMD's Proccy Lineup.Here Are the Quotes I got:

CPU

Quad Core Q8400: 8500/-

Core 2 Duo E7500: 5750/-

Dual Core E5300: 3300/-

Amd Sempron 140: 1890/-(No Other Models Available)

Mobo:

GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2: 2550/- :(

Asus P5KPL-AM IN

Asus P5QLM G41 chipset: Rs3050/-

RAM(Rates have increased):

2GB Kingston 800Mhz - Rs1600/-

2GB Simmtronics 667Mhz - Rs1500/-

2GB Corsair - Rs1750/-

2GB Dynet - Rs 1375/-

2GB Hynix - Rs1425/-

PSU

Zebronics,Frontech,iBall all are availble for 400-500 bucks. Gigabyte Superb isn't available.
Now, I am pretty sure that I would be going for Intel

Two reasons:

1) My Previous Experience with AMD Athlon is not all pleasant. I had to under-volt the CPU at 50% of its capacity in order to get a stable run from it.

2) The Brand Value of AMD here is very low, here Nobody sells it. they say here the local disti is not providing them A.S.S, so they don't sell it.

My Total Budget is 8K(can stretch it a bit), please suggest. I mainly need advice for RAM, as its very little on higher side.

Right Now, i am going for

Intel E5300 - Rs3300

GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2 - Rs2550

2GB Kingston RAM - Rs1600

Zebronics 500w PSU - Rs500

Total: 7950/-

hi buddy ... u seem to be more inclined to Intel than AMD platform whatsover others suggest .... just go ahead and buy the intel one ...

btw .. if ur not getting AMD platform in Jaipur ..quite strange ... why not buy online from Lynx or Itwares or others ...

Lots of people in TE itself buy stuffs online without any issues ?????

That Intel config is also good. And OP is inclined towards to Intel only so he can go with that. And there's nothing like future proof like PC's in this computing field :D

Guys,

Which 2GB ram stick to buy? So that I can take maximum juice from E5300:yeah:

hash said:
This board will surely won't make your Windows 7 experience feel good. The onboard Graphics only supports Dx 9.

Yeah, I know. that Why I would be adding a mid range GPU shortly directly imported from US. something like ATI HD 4850 should come cheap:hap2: and I could enjoy all HD stuff as well

Just need to decide on which PSU to buy. I am looking Gigabyte Superb 460w @2.2k. my budget is around 2.5k for PSU and not to say less is always better:p

Dex@ter said:
hi buddy ... u seem to be more inclined to Intel than AMD platform whatsoever others suggest .... just go ahead and buy the intel one ...

btw .. if ur not getting AMD platform in Jaipur ..quite strange ... why not buy online from Lynx or Itwares or others ...

Lots of people in TE itself buy stuffs online without any issues ?????

Its not about available, its just that I am hesitant to buy AMD after a tolerating Athlon 3000+ for 3years:no: I was not happy at all, so I want to switch to Intel based platform

Plus, Discrete GPU is many times more powerful than onboard solution.

saqib_khan said:
That Intel config is also good. And OP is inclined towards to Intel only so he can go with that. And there's nothing like future proof like PC's in this computing field :D

Well Said

Back