Car & Bike A new Car for 3-4 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spark can seat 5 adults comfortable , I own a spark myself. hence saying it out of experience;)

A cute looking car with super built quality, ASS is also good. for me its better than maruti.

Comparing Maruti ASS with Chevy might be a overstatement but Honestly, I wait for when the car is due for service, I even get a reminder call.

While car gets serviced, we all play snookers at service station itself. its real fun, last time I had a chance to drive a BMW also:hap2:

one of my friends has a spark, while it can hold 5 people, its not very comfortable , and its hits speed bumps when all 5 are there ( not an issue when the very same people are in an indica/swift).

But the AC cutting of when you floor the pedal is nice.

incdica vista / palio multijet.. test drive these yourself and decide

greenhorn said:
one of my friends has a spark, while it can hold 5 people, its not very comfortable , and its hits speed bumps when all 5 are there ( not an issue when the very same people are in an indica/swift).

But the AC cutting of when you floor the pedal is nice.

Yeah....feels a lack of power when you switch on AC above 90-100km/hr range. i never had a issue with ground clearance.

Without Ac, I can cruise this babe to 120km/hr. plus gas filled shockers make your ride very comfortable. even at high speed, she is stable and does not wobble

Go for Spark or i10

Spark for Tubeless Tyres,Gas Shocks,Semi-Hydraulic power steering,Fun to drive,Ride quality,3yrs maintenance offer,Ass

i10 for Good looks,best interiors,Slightly more space than spark,Ass,Colors aviliable

both spark n i10 can easily accommodate 5 people

bottle said:
incdica vista / palio multijet.. test drive these yourself and decide

+1 , the best in class :p I would say get Vista ;) its new and has new features than Palio.. though palio is just another great car..

Ditch A* and Sparks.. The former looks fugly and the latter is to small for your need :p

Indica Vista- beware of the quality problems associated with tata though.normal indicas are now considered as taxis :(

trust me on this ;

go for WAGON-R

1. tried and trusted

2. spacious

3. good fuel mileage

4. CNG/LPG installation fully compatible with almost no performance drop

5. no spares problem

6. best ASS

7. resale value

8. after all a MARUTI

i10 'car 'of 'the 'year

undoub.lted.ly

no 'prob.lems 'go 'gor 'it

wagon 'r 'is 'way 'to 'o.ld

i '10 'is 'sti.l.l 'new

just 'a 'year and 'ha.lf ''in 'the 'mar,ket

^^Add the following

-The most vague and horrible gearbox on the planet bar none. Its worse than even the indicabs.

-Body roll when cornering even at 60kph. This is totally unacceptable.

-Completely dead steering wheel with no feel whatsoever.

-High center of gravity means it has more than average chance of toppling on the highway.

-Built like a tincan. Zero safety features. Really unsafe in the event of a crash.

In simple words NOT RECOMMENDED. Far better options exist in the market in the form of i10, palio, swift, getz, spark, a-star and even the new indica etc.

krishna_chennai said:
Ritu,

Here is my view....

Any TATA cars...I have my own thoughts on the build quality and engine over a period of time. Their engines are not that silky to own..Basically any diesel engine in the segment that you are trying to buy one from (Swift is an exception) though. Hey...I am not a TATA detractor anyways..I love Safari DICOR...As far as i20 is concerned it will not fit in your budget...i20 Magna 503028 exsho Mumbai ...Palio as rightly pointed out has issues with CS...Despite the fact TATA is handling it I still have friends who are not that excited abt the service.Also Linea is not in this segement if I am not wrong. i10 would be perfect for you, if you can strech the budget. i10 Kappa Sportz AT GLS(Metallic) would cost you 485669 (Approx ex,showroom Mumbat (incl Octroi) + Plus registration, Taxes and insurance (abt 10% of the price)...If you can afford this budget and want a diesel car best suggestion is Maruti Swift :)

I think you need to wake up. The Swift diesel, Palio MJD, Indica Quadrajet all have the same 1.3 liter fiat engine with minor tuning differences.

Chaos said:
I think you need to wake up. The Swift diesel, Palio MJD, Indica Quadrajet all have the same 1.3 liter fiat engine with minor tuning differences.

Thanks for your effort to wake me up.. I have mentioned my comments on Indica...The engine is not that smooth after a point (say 10k kms)....has some kinda rattling noise...Moreover Indica gives you an unavoidable cab feel..(If you are regular user of office cab)...Palio ASS? Agreed its an excellent car what abt Resale Value and servicing options?:huh:

krishna_chennai said:
Thanks for your effort to wake me up.. I have mentioned my comments on Indica...The engine is not that smooth after a point (say 10k kms)....has some kinda rattling noise...Moreover Indica gives you an unavoidable cab feel..(If you are regular user of office cab)...Palio ASS? Agreed its an excellent car what abt Resale Value and servicing options?:huh:

the only noise that gets added to an indica is the fan belt squeak in the mornings, and that too goes away after a while. My Indica has run 20,000k over 2 years, and no issues with the engine. Tata uses pretty cheap engine oils and the oil change intervals are too far apart. use a good engine oil, and change every 5000k km, and your engine will remain in good shape - this advice goes for pretty much any engine. If by a cab feel, you mean the cheap plastics, probably, but you're not looking at the rest of the car. Once the windows are closed and the AC is on, you wont feel much. Add some good ICE and some damping, and you wont even notice! Still, the indica vista is also available, which doesnt have any of these issues

prakashan said:
when you are obese/long and needs extra space -their indica comes handy.

Tell me about it :bleh:

Get the wagonR, Inspite of what chaos says, 5yrs with wagonR no problems yet..smooth as silk:)

As for its design, this is the only car who's design you'l start liking more and more over time..been through the process..

Other are all run of the mill almost-same-design..Get a good colour like the metalic silver it'l be awesome, also, the resale value is very high..

It takes a Santro or Wagon R For 5 adults to seat themselves comfortable...So, go for either of those.... Both have company fitted gas units.. So, hastle free maintainance.... Completely under your budget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back