Car & Bike A new Car for 3-4 Lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a maruti zen and 800 before.the number of welding needed for the driver seat is numerous times :p(just hinting on the leg room available on jap craps).the cool factor goes out with time unless you are less than 5ft5 inch~.

go for santro(no rattling) or for wagonr(has some poor noise isolation).

do not go for indica(better average,heavy maintenance bills,poor part quality,poor pick-up,worst in city but is quite heavy--so safe)

sold my indica because of the heavy maintenance(around 8-10k every 6months)

and bought a new santro xing for 3.5lakhs.

wagon also available in same price range.

best way to decide between wagon r and santro would be to take back-to-back test rides of both the cars and then decide for urself.

just dont go for diesel unless u r running is around 100-150kms avg daily.

krishna_chennai said:
Thanks for your effort to wake me up.. I have mentioned my comments on Indica...The engine is not that smooth after a point (say 10k kms)....has some kinda rattling noise...Moreover Indica gives you an unavoidable cab feel..(If you are regular user of office cab)...Palio ASS? Agreed its an excellent car what abt Resale Value and servicing options?:huh:

Are you talking about the Vista Quadrajet or the old Indica V2? The latter has a tata engine. The former has the same fiat 1.3MJD multijet engine found in the palio and the swift. There's absolutely nothing in common in between the two as far as the engine is concerned.

Looks like you still haven't woken up :rofl:.

paddydevil said:
go for santro(no rattling) or for wagonr(has some poor noise isolation).

do not go for indica(better average,heavy maintenance bills,poor part quality,poor pick-up,worst in city but is quite heavy--so safe)

sold my indica because of the heavy maintenance(around 8-10k every 6months)

and bought a new santro xing for 3.5lakhs.

wagon also available in same price range.

best way to decide between wagon r and santro would be to take back-to-back test rides of both the cars and then decide for urself.

just dont go for diesel unless u r running is around 100-150kms avg daily.

Dude, My maintenance cost is about 3k per 6 months.

Poor quality? the plastics , probably, but the parts used are pretty good. My headlamps are Made in germany osram :D

poor pickup? My indica could probably out accelerate a santro. The santro has a 0~100 of > 16s, while mine is <16s :p

Yup, its a bit hard to drive around the city because of its bulk.

I'd suggest you do a TD before dismissing the indicas :)

Chaos said:
Are you talking about the Vista Quadrajet or the old Indica V2? The latter has a tata engine. The former has the same fiat 1.3MJD multijet engine found in the palio and the swift. There's absolutely nothing in common in between the two as far as the engine is concerned.

Looks like you still haven't woken up :rofl:.

Using Vista Quadrajet for more than a month and 1000 odd kms. No problems till now, other than some loose rubber beadings which I will get replaced during the free service next week. Really a pleasure to drive and now (before breaking in) getting an average of 19 kmpl.

I would say it is better to go for Palio MJD than Vista.
Better chassis, better (tank like) build, best in class headlights, least body roll in class, much better suspension than any other hatchback (incl. Swift).

The legendary Fiat build quality makes u feel that u are driving much bigger car, like C segment.
A. S. S.has improved a lot too.

much better suspension than any other hatchback (incl. Swift).

I beg to differ. I hope you are aware that the Palio has a lot of ground clearance, a few mm lower than Scorpio. That doesnt halp much in handling,especially in corners.

The legendary Fiat build quality makes u feel that u are driving much bigger car, like C segment.

Build quality is good but nowhere near to what used to be during the GTX days. ;)

geek ashish said:
I would say it is better to go for Palio MJD than Vista.

Better chassis, better (tank like) build, best in class headlights, least body roll in class, much better suspension than any other hatchback (incl. Swift).

Beg to differ. As much as I love the palio, I have to say the swift has better handling any day. The body roll is much better controlled, the steering though EPS is probably the best implementation of EPS amongst all small cars and has very decent feel with 185 or wider tyres. The palio 1.6 rolls too much when cornering and the suspension is way too soft. The steering in a Palio is not as sharp as the swift and there definitely is a dead zone in the middle.

geek ashish said:
dude..try this site

Team-bhp.com

Plz start a thread there.

Was that meant for Chaos?

In that case,

:rofl:

No, wait

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

To the the OP, even if you did post there, you'd pretty much get the same answers :p

Chaos said:
^^Add the following

-The most vague and horrible gearbox on the planet bar none. Its worse than even the indicabs.

-Body roll when cornering even at 60kph. This is totally unacceptable.

-Completely dead steering wheel with no feel whatsoever.

-High center of gravity means it has more than average chance of toppling on the highway.

-Built like a tincan. Zero safety features. Really unsafe in the event of a crash.

In simple words NOT RECOMMENDED. Far better options exist in the market in the form of i10, palio, swift, getz, spark, a-star and even the new indica etc.

Every car has its advantages and disadvantages, WagonR is not bad at all, have 2 of them, and both running very well, with very less maintenance cost.

Huge amount of space is the most best part.

And who said it is the most unsafe in the event of a crash. It is well built, and in this price range provides the best features. :clap: :hap2:

P.S. Dont, just dont go for those crappy shitty indiacas :mad: :mad: I myself had a bad exp with them. :no: :no:

The I10 is awesome for city driving. My wife has one, I find myself taking it to office everyday.. South Bombay rush hour traffic never felt so good!

Hi,

Now a days Honda Brio is the best and popular car in market in a price tag of Rs 3-4 lakhs, Honda brio is having cute and decent looks especially rear glass views looks unique and stylish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back