Camera A Noob need help to buy Camera !!!

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Guys I was thinking that it's time to move on with and 2 mega pixel mobile camera to an a bit professional one :p

I like photography a lot but I am a pure noob about camera's :annoyed:

I have a budget of near 15k which can go up till 25k or more if i wait a bit but before that I need to known what should I buy !

I need a Professional camera rather then the party pic one as I all be doing Site-Scene pic, Friends and a lot nature trail pic's :D

I can spend cash one lens later on but I need a camera now :)

Please Help me out.

Thank you for reading.

Have a nice day ahead.

Lenses are interchangeable on DSLR you could use buy lens later on to add zoom or making it wide.. or getting fast/sharp lens. etc. generally lenses are very expensive.. sometimes more expensive than the camera. but the quality they offer justifies the price.

EOS 1100D is good camera for learning the operation and becoming familiar with the DSLR.

Can any one from mumbai tell me where can I buy EOS 1100D :D

and also for the best price I can expect :p

Can any one from mumbai tell me where can I buy EOS 1100D :D

and also for the best price I can expect :p

visit D N Road, Fort , Mumbai
There are many camera shops including canon's official dealer People's Camera

If considering bridge camera then Panasonic Lumix FZ 150 is best option.

before you buy read, read on.. get addicted to you tube, watch those tutorials, videos on a variety of aspects first. It is always best to know more than you buy.

Please before you begin, have a look at those jargon they use, cos finally you dont want to buy a product and dump it one corner after its first usage. SLR or bridge types, do you really want to experiment so soon?

Try something of a P&S, then come up the ladder so that you will better of to show off those photography skills!

Look at dpreview for a start, its got tons of stuffs to read up before you move on..

Now I am confuse o_O

DSLR or SLR or Bridge ????

Why would you even consider SLRs? Its a small matter that they don't make them much anymore.

DSLRs are mostly for professional photographers and its recommended that you hone your skills/learn the techniques using either a point-and-shoot or a bridge camera.

The best or even the good DSLRs are not cheap and there's no point in buying an entry level one. You'll not be as satisfied as you'd like.

I think I all go for DSLR only as it is more faster and later on I can Add another lens as my photography increase better an better :D

I also wish to click moon so also tell me considering that :D

not that small moon :p

and can any one tell / explain me about lens like in real life how much is the difference between 28mm - 35mm and so no ????

what would I need to click the moon ???

I find bridge good but consider moon as a goal and tell me a good choice.

and

I am a noob though but DSLR seems tempting :D

IMHO starting with (d)slr also gives learning scope.. there are many aspects apart from composition that needs to be taken care of in a picture. (though I agree composition is very important ) but having some setting options gives lots of creative opportunities.

regarding focal length, the best is to calculate from 50mm.. its the 'standard' point i.e. what zoom level your eye sees. anything above 50mm will seem like going closer to the subject.. and anything below 50mm will be like going far from the subject. (for 35mm film/sensor but you'll learn about crop-factor/multiplier later)

you can check out tamron's focal length comparison tool for knowing how much zoom you might need.
Focal length comparison tool, Tamron USA

and I recommend you to try out DSLR camera simulator to know about different settings and jargon used in photography.
CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified

Back