A noob's guide on buying consoles!

Re: Thinking of buying a PS3!!!!

Thanks to all for your replies guyz.

Ok, I will get the 160 GB version only. I already have a 500 GB portable 2.5 inch HDD. I will use it with the PS3 then. :D

Also, I will be buying from ebay only because I need EMI. Letsbuy.com accepts EMI on CITIBANK credit cards only but I dont have one. :(

I will be ditching the idea of getting move pack right now. If the experience is not mind blowing, its not worth the extra penny.

Can anyone help me with some ebay discount coupon/gift coupon?

Gannu said:
Get the cheapest variant which is the 160GB. The 320GB model is not worth it for the additional expense. A 500GB 5400rpm 2.5" drive costs like 2.5k. Buy one of those instead and swap it. As easy as it gets.

Killzone 2/3 & Resistance 1/2/3 are some of the good FPS exclusives you shouldn't be missing out on the PS3.

Wouldnt swapping hdds void the warranty?

Nope, you don't have to open the PS3 to install the HDD. There is a tray at the bottom which you have to pull out to replace the drive....

^

Flipkart price is higher than ebay about 1000 bucks. Only thing is that Flipkart is offering GTA IV with PS3 which I dont like. If it would have been GOW/Resistance/Killzone I would have bought from Flipkart. :(

Also, ebay has got some coupons but no coupons from Flipkart.

:(

@gannu

can you post some link to buy extra hdd for the PS3?

^I got a 160GB console for a friend from an eBay retailer 'snrama' for 15,599 INR 2 days back. Couldn't get cheaper than this. Letsbuy had a kickass deal which expired few days back. Now they seem to offer some shitty Amigo wireless controller and have jacked up the prices unfortunately.

The cheapest 500GB drive was for 2845 + shipping via eBay.

500 GB laptop hard drive | eBay

^Will let you know once I receive it. He hasn't dispatched the unit as yet.

simforgotten said:
^

Long shipping time?

:(

Yeah seems like it. Placed the order on 10th. Call him up once you place the order so he can dispatch it soon enough.

And yeah do avail the free gift offer. I claimed a Micromax Q1+ along with the deal. :p

I think these are cheap here.. UK

PS3 160 + Deus ex evolution = £179
vat refund ~£29

worth: £150 ~ 10500INR.. Yay I'm picking one.....

Back