A noob's guide on buying consoles!

Re: A newbies Guide to which console to get!

Included a point under the cons for the PS3 - the DS3 doesn't have any sort of warranty unlike the X360 controller that offers 90-day warranty. So while trading in the forums or purchasing the DS3, get it tested from the outlet before paying for it. :p

Gannu said:
Included a point under the cons for the PS3 - the DS3 doesn't have any sort of warranty unlike the X360 controller that offers 90-day warranty. So while trading in the forums or purchasing the DS3, get it tested from the outlet before paying for it. :p
Didn't know that. But i'm sure only < that 1-2% PS360 give up in their first 3 months :p

It's not just the DS3, but none of Sony's PS3 accessories have any warranty on them. A very stupid policy if you ask me.

Infact the 360 controller with the console has 1 year warranty but separate controller only comes with 3 months warranty

Neat guide. It can really narrow down things for the gamer going for consoles. good job. :)

Hi
i have a budget of 20k . I am interested in playing wwe and raching type /strategy games on my TV. please tell me which console should i buy ? whas the cos and whee to buy in delhi?
also whats the cost of the games ?

bitspilani said:
Hi

i have a budget of 20k . I am interested in playing wwe and raching type /strategy games on my TV. please tell me which console should i buy ? whas the cos and whee to buy in delhi?

also whats the cost of the games ?

You won't get many strategy games on consoles. And wwe games and racing games are multiplatform. I'd personally suggest a PS3 cause i am a sony fanboy and sony hardware is usually top class.

I dunno about Delhi, but i've heard Palika bazar a lot of times.

Cost of games differ, platinum games (PS3) are cheap and new releases may cost upto 2500 bucks.

@bitspilani

You can buy PS3 online, via Flipkart.com or letsbuy.com or through physical retail stores like CROMA, Sony Center, JUMBO, etc.

Do not buy gaming consoles from Palika Bazaar, you will never know if they are original and in top notch condition. Yes they will most probably be cheaper, but why take a risk.

Re: A newbies guide to which console to get!

That's a really nice guide for beginners Aman.. Thanks..

When ever I visited gaming section I felt like I'm the odd figure here.. :D people around me talked about games and I was like.. "Is it a movie name, when it got released".. So finally I've decided to enter the gaming world, better late than never..

After reading your post I'm planning to go for a PS3, but I've doubts::ashamed:

1. Are the PS3 games easily available.. ? at what price.. ? any option to download online (for free :p)
2. I being a Gandhi vadi, looking for some non-violence games.. any titles.. ?
3. I've a 24" LCD with HDMI port, will it work with PS3.. ?

j_jindal1 said:
After reading your post I'm planning to go for a PS3, but I've doubts::ashamed:

1. Are the PS3 games easily available.. ? at what price.. ? any option to download online (for free :p)

2. I being a Gandhi vadi, looking for some non-violence games.. any titles.. ?

3. I've a 24" LCD with HDMI port, will it work with PS3.. ?

1. Yes. Check - PS3 Games List India: Flipkart.com

2. Yeah many! Just some are here -

PS3 Games List India: Flipkart.com

3. Definitely!

Hey thanks Again, couple of more questions..

I planned to buy from ebay.. using the ganesh chaturthi offer..

Sony PS3 Slim 320GB Playstation Console +Free Game Bill | eBay

+

HP 4GB USB Mini Small Pen Drive Flash +BILL Warranty | eBay

+

iBall Cordless Keyboard Mouse RED Black Wireless +Bill | eBay

+

500Gb hard-drive in offer

Is it a good price.. ?

Do I need to buy any compulsory accessory with PS3 or any games to start with.. ? (as a guide for learning)

Will the wireless keyboard/Mouse work with PS3.. ?

Thinking of buying a PS3!!!!

Hi guyz,

As the thread title suggests, I am planning to buy a PS3. PS3 prices have come down a lot and I am really thinking of getting my hands on this beauty. Now, I am having some queries regarding my purchase. Please feel free to put in your advises in this thread as these are really valuable for me:

1. Which model to get, 160 GB, 250 GB or 320 GB?
2. Any specific firmwire version to get?
3. Unlocking PS3 with soft mod voids warranty?
4. Is getting move pack worth it?
5. Buying from letsbuy.com or ebay.in is reliable?
6. Which games to play after getting PS3? Are there good FPS games?
7. Can anyone help me with any coupon to buy cheaper?

Please respond by putting in your valuable thoughts/experience.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Thinking of buying a PS3!!!!

My reply! Please see below:

simforgotten said:
Hi guyz,

As the thread title suggests, I am planning to buy a PS3. PS3 prices have come down a lot and I am really thinking of getting my hands on this beauty. Now, I am having some queries regarding my purchase. Please feel free to put in your advises in this thread as these are really valuable for me:

- IMHO, 160Gb should be fine. But i will leave to the experts to comment on this one.

- Yes.

- Unless you like playing TT, Sword fight etc. not worth it. Just an example - Heavy Rain w/o move is better than one with motion gaming.

- Letsbuy with coupons. Try flipkart as well.

- GOW series/Uncharted Series/Infamous are all good. Racing GT5. FPS - Killzone, Crysis

- Letsbuy has a few, google can get you those.

Please respond by putting in your valuable thoughts/experience.

Thanks in advance.

1. Depends on your usage, 160GB should be fine.

2. 3.55 if you can find it. The latest firmware doesn't support the mod as yet.

3. Not sure about this, but I don't think it does. Stay offline though.

4. Move and Kinect are nothing more than gimmicks at this point. They are basically targeted at kids and casual gamers. There isn't even a single move/kinect game out there which warrants a purchase. On the other hand, it can be fun if you are occasionally playing with friends. Motion gaming loses its charm very quickly.

5. I would recommend flipkart.

6. All the exclusives. Uncharted series, God of War series, Resistance series, Killzone series, Infamous series, GTA series, Red Dead redemption, Heavy rain, Metal Gear solid 4 etc.

320GB if you are planning to put Games on the internal HDD or 160GB will be fine if you are just looking for Multimedia then 160GB is the best for Legit Stuff.

Yes , If you wanna SOFT MOD it you need a Version 3.55 not higher than that because MOD isn't available for higher versions than this.

Well not really , You can just roll back to your original firmware by FORMATTING it completely which takes 8-10hours. Or Just update the new firmware and you have lost your mod :p

Nope , If you have kids at your place its a good option but then move just has a single controller and it gets pretty lame after a few hours.

If you are looking for Discounts go for letsbuy. But i would suggest go for the Retail Showroom that would be the best option. Avoids in transit Damages thats it.

Many Exclusives Google is the best for those. Yes there are many FPS. Killzone being the best as well as Crysis and others ofcourse.

Yes if you buying from letsbuy use coupon "RCOMLB1"

Come on there is a sticky thread for it, I'm not linking the thread u must be able find it.post your queries if you are not able to clear all your doubts

Get the cheapest variant which is the 160GB. The 320GB model is not worth it for the additional expense. A 500GB 5400rpm 2.5" drive costs like 2.5k. Buy one of those instead and swap it. As easy as it gets.

Killzone 2/3 & Resistance 1/2/3 are some of the good FPS exclusives you shouldn't be missing out on the PS3.

Back