A noob's guide on buying consoles!

I'm planning to get the 4gb one, and later get the 250GB hard drive ranging between 5-8k on Ebay if I run short of space.

You should do that then. But as Ethan said, if you don't use xbox live a lot and download stuff off it, 4g will be enough. But rememmber you won't be able to install games on your xbox. For example games like battlefield 3 when installed on the HDD look much better (Though you can use a 16gig pen drive to install it, i think).

As long as Halo, Gears of War and selected XBLA games run I don't have a problem.

Will get it tonight. Thank you for your help Aman and Ethan-Hunt

They will run without any issues quixy. Grab an XBL Gold subscription while you're at it. The MP aspect is really awesome, from what I hear. Also, you don't need to buy the uber-expensive MS official HDD for it. You can use certain models of WD HDD's and custom flash them to work like an original MS drive. There should be guides over the internet for it.

Got it today, hooked it up. Very impressive. Got Gears of War 3 to get a feel.

Yes I'll have to look around for that guide :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! A great start. Although it should have been a notch better had you started it with Gears 2. Congrats man and welcome to the club!
<

hello I am new member here and I want to buy xbox 360 slim 4gb premodded anybody knows any dealer in pune with affordable price I asked some dealers but they are asking too much 21k for RGH/jtag and 19k for dvd drive hack

iso 2 god rgh

hello everyone

i am geting a rgh slim 4gb xbox 360.i know things that i can play games through hdd pendrive and external or internal storage devices.
but i have searched on google youtube and found that i have to convert the xbox 360 games in GOD format and then have to put it in the storage device
i have download iso2god software and installed in my pc
i need a quick tutorial how to convert a iso to god and where to put it and how.
those who are al;ready using jtags/rghs can help me

its kind of urgent need to play :evilgrin39:

Want to buy a new ps3 which has firmware <= 3.55 for jailbreaking

There are 160GB ,320GB recent ones or 120GB,250GB old ones.
Does the recent ones(160GB or 320GB) have fw lesser than 3.55, is there ID on the box like CECH-XXXXX which can confirm the firmware ?
Does 120 GB or 250 GB models have fw 3.55 for sure ? and are they still available in market ?

Please don't suggest me to buy used PS3, i want a new one.
What should i look out for before buying my new console for jailbreaking ?

All the 3.55 ones have run out. From being abundant in Aug 2011, to being lucky to get it in Dec 2011 and then being extremely lucky in Feb, 2012. Since March I have not seen a single PS3 with base FW 3.55. You would be hardpressed to find one, although chances are not zero.

You can visit some sellers and ask for really old stock. See MFG date. Most made in early 2011-late 2010 seem to have the old FW.

As people with existing consoles who have bought recently. Check the "Jaibreak discussion thread". You might find users there.

Go easy on him guys. He has just joined the forum and may not be aware about a dedicated Jailbreak thread. Just be kind enough to re-direct him to it.

And as always searching for a display console would be your best bet right now. A reliance store close by my house had a 3.50 display unit when i checked in March i think.

What should I look for when buying a used PS3 ?

Hi guys ,
I am planning to get an used slim 160GB ps3 .
what all things I must check before buying one ?

Hi,
i want to buy a new ps3 but want to mod it.
i have been looking for an old console and finaly found one god of war bundle 250gb which is on 3.15 firmware.
but the console is a display model and has scratches on it and dust is accumulated at the bottom.
how do i know that the console does not have any problems and wat about the warranty of the console?
the store is ready to sell it for 15.5 k
shoud i buy it?

or i am getting a deal from pune which sells consoles.
320gb move for 25k on 3.55 rogero
320gb for 22k on 3.55 rogero

which one should i buy.

i have been looking for an old console and finaly found one god of war bundle 250gb which is on 3.15 firmware.
but the console is a display model and has scratches on it and dust is accumulated at the bottom.
how do i know that the console does not have any problems and wat about the warranty of the console?

You need to check that with the store itself. All brand new consoles have warranty on them. But since this is a display unit, god knows, what condition it's been in. Judging by the description you have provided, it doesn't seem very positive. Seems like a dodgy deal to me.

or i am getting a deal from pune which sells consoles.
320gb move for 25k on 3.55 rogero
320gb for 22k on 3.55 rogero

which one should i buy.

22K is quite steep for a 320GB model. But I suppose that's the price you pay to get the desired firmware. But if it has a full one year warranty, then I reckon this is a better deal than the above one.

1.firmware
2.any physical damage and any problems in joystick
3.warranty aspect

Of all, the most important thing as @dinjo mentioned, is it working or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back