A noob's guide on buying consoles!

What would be a good price to buy 500GB PS3 slim? I'm looking to buy one (to play the missed classics) and the sellers are quoting insane rates.

What would be a good price to buy 500GB PS3 slim? I'm looking to buy one (to play the missed classics) and the sellers are quoting insane rates.
In my opinion (could be wrong as well), it should be somewhere close to 10-13k for a well maintained unit (I've seen 2 getting sold for this price). While it is a very old system but you need to keep supply vs demand in mind as well. The few pieces which come up are sold very quickly.

Good afternoon everyone. I wanted to get my 10 year old started on some console. I was thinking of getting one 8-bit Mario Contra console, just for old times sake and to see if she is interested before I buy one of the more complex ones.

Are the 8-bit consoles still available (in Delhi NCR)?
Are the Kinnect, Wii type motion-sensing consoles still available, new?

PS: I have NEVER used any of the modern day consoles like PS, xbox etc so both of us will be absolute newbies.

TIA.

If you are least bit technically proficient, I would suggest getting a Raspberry Pi and install RetroPie on it. You will have "Consoles" to choose from with plethora of games. All this would run you maximum 4K inclusive of Controller.

Friends, is there a reliable reference for Xbox 360 repair in Delhi? My brother has one, and the CD drive ain't opening. Even if we open it by inserting a pin in the release mechanism, it is not reading the CDs. Basically service the CD drive. Thank You.

Friends, is there a reliable reference for Xbox 360 repair in Delhi? My brother has one, and the CD drive ain't opening. Even if we open it by inserting a pin in the release mechanism, it is not reading the CDs. Basically service the CD drive. Thank You.
Palika Bazar in CP should take care of all the console related concerns.

Anyone know of any reliable people who fix PS4 (OG edition) disk drives? The cable is broken, it looks like and it makes a ton of noise (after replacing THermal Paste)

I'm thinking of getting Nintendo switch lite.

Want to buy for my childhood love of Mario, Zelda, metroid.

I may also play some Pokemon and animal crossing.

The thing that is keeping me from buying is the cost of buying games. AAA titles like Mario cost ₹5000+!

Right now if I decide to buy a lite it will cost me around 21k for console from Amazon and then if I buy atleast 1 game like Mario 3d, it will cost me another 5000+.

If I buy at a minimum 3 games a year it will cost me ₹17000+.
also nintendo online membership is like 1500+ a year?

So, for the first year I'm looking at around ₹40000 spending if I limit myself to only 3 games.

Is there a way to minimise this cost? Is there a group online where one can trade games? How realistic would this option be?

I'm thinking of getting Nintendo switch lite.

Want to buy for my childhood love of Mario, Zelda, metroid.

I may also play some Pokemon and animal crossing.

The thing that is keeping me from buying is the cost of buying games. AAA titles like Mario cost ₹5000+!

Right now if I decide to buy a lite it will cost me around 21k for console from Amazon and then if I buy atleast 1 game like Mario 3d, it will cost me another 5000+.

If I buy at a minimum 3 games a year it will cost me ₹17000+.
also nintendo online membership is like 1500+ a year?

So, for the first year I'm looking at around ₹40000 spending if I limit myself to only 3 games.

Is there a way to minimise this cost? Is there a group online where one can trade games? How realistic would this option be?
Switch community isn't as active as say PS or even xbox (as per my experience). Check out another forum called IVG. I see switch games being traded for 3-3.5K range. You can buy & sell games there and this might help with the cost of ownership.

Best store to buy game digitally?

Want to buy The new Zelda skyword sword game. Wondering which country Store would be best to buy.

Looking forward to get back to gaming after a long hiatus.
Saw that PS5 drop is going to happen on Jan 18. Any tips on securing one ?
Also, anyone who knows a genuine retailer in Bangalore who can get me one ?

Retailer None, There are some extensions for browsers which will add the ps5 automatically to the cart with help of it people are able to order.
However i was casually browing flipkart and suddenly i got a notification that ps5 is in stock immediately i went ahead and did cod. later i was able to pay . Flipkart notify me works well.
Do try the extensions method you may get , many youtube vids are there.

Quoting myself here.
Managed to get my hands on the HD cam bundle after multiple tries.

Will be putting up the cam for sale while keeping PS5 to myself. Let me know if anyone interested :p

Been meaning to maybe buy a PS5 and play games like Spiderman 2, GOW:Ragnarok, Forbidden West, Last of Us 2. I would buy it and sell it as soon as I am done with the games. Is that a good idea or should I wait for it to come out on PC, maybe next year? I saw Forbidden West on the Epic Store but I assume it will take a while before Spiderman and Last of Us 2 would come out on PC.

Thanks for letting me know.

Been meaning to maybe buy a PS5 and play games like Spiderman 2, GOW:Ragnarok, Forbidden West, Last of Us 2. I would buy it and sell it as soon as I am done with the games. Is that a good idea or should I wait for it to come out on PC, maybe next year? I saw Forbidden West on the Epic Store but I assume it will take a while before Spiderman and Last of Us 2 would come out on PC.

I was thinking the same. But alternatively it seemed to me that renting ps5 is better than owning. What do you think

first Ask yourself do you have time to play them all quickly and then sell the console.
If yes , I say go for it.
If not. then dont buy it now.

there were days when i had all the time to play games but could not afford the console or the games.

I have now Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, Gaming Laptops.....but I hardly have time to play them.
I wanted to play Resident Evil village for quite some time. about 2 weeks ago I finally bought it on good sale price but I have not even yet got to start it.

So dont think so much ahead . If you right now have time just live in the moment and enjoy the games.

Thats my honest advice for you. rest ofcourse your call.

Back