A Note to Indian WCG Organizers

GotFrag's Myers said:
Time for a report on the UK CS: Source team, Reason-Gaming. I'm not sure what to say, they all seemed like really nice guys, and I hope they really enjoy their experience at the World Cyber Games grand finals, but without doubt, this is the worst performance by a UK team in the finals ever. Losing to Hungary wasn't great, but Hungary might not be as bad as some people think, certainly the UK players rank them as a top 5 team here, but losing to Uzbekistan, is almost unforgivable. Given the ease of their draw (victory over Hungary/Uzbekistan would have seen them up against Slovakia for a spot in the top 8 against Virtus.pro) they should have done better. They can claim no practice, but for a team that has invited sponsors to join them at the event, and given the scale and opportunities associated with the event, why would they not practice? Work/social commitments possibly, but they say, if something's important, you make the time. If they can't make the time to practice for the WCG, do they therefore not regard the event as important?

I hate to criticize, as they can obviously point at me and almost any other UK team and state "Well could you have done better" and the answer is "no, we can't, but they probably should have". Still, truth be known, I would rather have a team that appreciates the World Cyber Games experience every time rather than Four-Kings who last year regarded it as a free holiday. Reason Gaming are great guys, and hopefully with sponsors not on the horizon they will be at the CS: Source summer tournament next year competing at a much higher level.

Source

Hmm, this article should describe what I was talking about for some time.

@Aces: Yaar, do me a favour and keep your friendship w/ storm aside for a while and read this article.

Cheers,

Karan

Well i would like to add some point of view that i have. There is no way we can blame ACID & or Storm coz they did thier best & let me just ADD.. GOOD GAME buddy. Now back to the topic that i am also not very supportive of Indian WCG commitee so if Yogi can read this & if he could read the mail that i sent him for which he dint have the courtesy to respond also that he made a huge mistake by not including CS:S as the basis of competition.

But looking at the point that Team 3D which was also coming from a competition that was conducted in cs 1.6 & still managed to win WCG does send out the messsage that USA & Team 3D was ready for the event & won it hands down without any problem.. What i can see is that they manage to win US prelims in 1.6 & had enough time to prepare the whole team to play & conquer CS:S.

What we could have done (AS in the ACID TEAM) is that we practice source with the entire team & know what the condition is & where we stand then it would have been better.. But lets just say ACID is the best team in India & if they lost then it means India Lost. No regrets & its over & lets do our best for the next Year.

p.s: It shouldnt have been a poll deciding which version of Cs to be used for prelims coz that doesnt help..

Peace Out!!! :cool2:

Very well said evil... I am not a pro but i know that ppl who are good in CSS will be pulling thier hair after watching the WCG decision intially for not including CSS as the official game... And for that no justification has to be given... If ACID is as good as you guys speak then they would also have won the CSS then why not put that in the first place...

Bottom line... Whatever happened was wrong, This mistake should not me made next time onwards...

^^ Yea but WCG in USA was like 4 months earlier. They had ample time to play and practice CS Source.

No1 from ACID except Bittu, even tried to practice CS Source.

They didnt care. I dont give a shit about winning here.. I care about how India is doing WCG.

Cmon, cudnt even win 1 match? I take that as an Insult to Gaming.

ok, lets just move on, nothing we say in hindsight will change anything, we lost & thats that.
hope the guys involved have learnt a lesson & would understansd that once you wear your country colors, people expect you to shine, nothing wrong with that.
lets just close this topic :(

p.s - also the gaming community in india is still in nascent stages, as broadband penetration increases we sure will get better clans & players, & then maybe we would win some international tourneys.
i am just happy that atleast there some half-baked tourneys in india, better than having nothing :)

Do a quicksearch for cs servers and see how many you can find with sub 100 pings, the number is directly proportional to the level of multiplayer gaming in India.

Storm is a noob anyway, who can be r***d with defusal kit headshots.

Hi,
The rules of the forums clearly state that Personal Attacks are not allowed, no matter who it is.
Please stick to the rules, this is the second time i am posting in this thread.

Kindly note that if this continues, we will have no option but to close the thread.

Also, this is a message to all members reading and posting here, this is not on a specific member.
Thanks.

goldenfrag said:
^^ Yea but WCG in USA was like 4 months earlier. They had ample time to play and practice CS Source.
No1 from ACID except Bittu, even tried to practice CS Source.
They didnt care. I dont give a shit about winning here.. I care about how India is doing WCG.
Cmon, cudnt even win 1 match? I take that as an Insult to Gaming.

well maybe ur rite but as u know they had only like 10-15 days 2 practice CSS and u definately do not get good at it in 10-15 days.........maybe they were practicing cs 1.6 for WCG-India as their first task was to win that local WCG anyways hope the promoters have learnt a lesson and do not repeat the mistake again.......but i would just like them to improve their computers :p

just came back.
all i can say to golden, kidoman, virus & some others who think that a css team would have played better in sg are talking bs. enough said, just read this, wcg usa qualies was 1.6 which were won by usa & they ended up winning wcg css in sg.

2ndly lots of teams underperformed in wcg. russia, sweden & lots others. u cant blame the indian organizers unless u get your facts right. wcg the actuall event organizers had given the choice to all countries to either keep 1.6 or source, so u cant complain about 1.6 being in india cause any1 would obviously keep the game which is more popular out of the 2. same was the case in many other euro & american countries where it was 1.6 for qualies.

3rdly the voting css was in the lead cause of u & ur spam votes goldenfrag. every1 knows. yogi & the other admins at reinforcement checked it themselves.

& lastly we played decent in d2 cause map was similar to 1.6. in inferno where the map was completely changed & i myself had never played it could not even spot any1 properly in the map let alone kill them. & stop talking bs about bad attitude that if we win in india we just going to do shopping there, we cant practice cause none of my teammates have comps at home & no cafe has source & even if they have source no good team to play against. so golden keep ur bs to urself about shopping before u open your mouth.

& as far as the shopping goes i just got the gigabyte rocket cpu hs, rest all for shopping there was too expensive & got the razer mantis. if any1 wants it let me know. i got an extra 1 too.

Well I can just say, all the CS clans in India have a very childish attitude you freaking could not make it to the finals hence you diss the team that won. CSS or CS 1.6, ACID alone cannot influence polls, say as you may.

BTW did I mention that CS sucks. LOL lets see if we have quake 4 on the next year WCG.

Man Well played. Well i always believed winning & losing doesnt really matter what really matters was our representation in WCG & there will be criticism no doubt coz we dint win.. hehehe & thats bound to happen..

Anyway, we can only blame the infrastructure in india.. & the lame ISP & its routing & thats the basic reason that we are unable to grow as a good gamin community. But thats just another topic i guess & as far as this topic is concerned its well over & done with... So Peace Out!!!:cool2:

Back