A question regarding Aramex Shop & Ship and Ebay (US)

Yeah, they are screwing up big time for sure. I had a package that shows as delivered to me and signed, but I never received it. The pin code for the delivery also shows the wrong pin. Granted, this is Aramax normal courier and not ShopandShip, but no one has a clue what is happening.

My package has been stuck at Delhi Customs for around 4 days. Spoke with Anuradha, she said that there is some dispute going on where Customs are still charging the duty of 5.3% and not 1.3%.
First they revalue my package to 18000 and then they are saying that the duty would now be charged at 5.3% inspite of the official rate bein 1.3%. Anuradha said that she would clear it out with the custom guys as to what is the ACTUAL duty rate.
Any suggestions guys?

karankapoor said:
Yes if they deliver to US or UK address.
they do delivver to us only but their chcek out is weird,

they want shipping address and credit card billing address same.

they want credit card provider no. also.

how do we deal with this?

any workaround?

viditkalra said:
My package has been stuck at Delhi Customs for around 4 days. Spoke with Anuradha, she said that there is some dispute going on where Customs are still charging the duty of 5.3% and not 1.3%.
First they revalue my package to 18000 and then they are saying that the duty would now be charged at 5.3% inspite of the official rate bein 1.3%. Anuradha said that she would clear it out with the custom guys as to what is the ACTUAL duty rate.
Any suggestions guys?
You have to be patient, Custom guys can be a bit bit naggy these days, and pushing them would mean that they would eventually pay 5.3% which is loss for you and future purchasers like us. So let them sort it out.

You would get the exact amount with the papers and evrything when you receive the package.
Delhi customs are charging 6% on the phones now.
Sigh!

pratikb said:
they do delivver to us only but their chcek out is weird,
they want shipping address and credit card billing address same.
they want credit card provider no. also.
how do we deal with this?
any workaround?
guys any help?

I think there is no way you can buy from them, You need a US cc for that.

Mail them asking that u r in US and u don't have a US cc and u want to buy some stuff from there site see what they say.

Trying to buy something from highpointscientific.com, the site allows me to enter a billing address in India and a US shipping address but PayPal checkout changes my shipping address (Aramex add) to the one in India. Paypal also does not accept any shipping address outside India, any way to work around this ?

I placed an order at Overstock.com for a Refurbished Nook Color.Total came to $200.Made the payment through my Citibank Titanium Mastercard, which is supposed to be an Inetrnational CC.Overstock has cancelled the order.This is what they say.

"If you are receiving this email and your order was placed with an international credit card or a credit card with an international billing address, we regret that we are unable to accept this method of payment on our U.S. site. If you have a U.S. issued credit card with a primary billing address in the U.S., please feel free to replace your order using that credit card by logging into your account online"

The CC is not allowed since it's registered in India?HOow do I get around this.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Overstock doesn't accept non-US Credit card and Paypal account.

Phil: Hi, my name is Phil. How may I help you?

Raptor3624: I had placed an order for Nook Color.The order got cancelled.Could you please tell me the specific reason?

Phil: I am very sorry to know that.

Phil: Let me check and help you.

Phil: For security purposes, may I please have your full name and billing address, including the city, state, and zip code?

Raptor3624: A##### P%%%%.

Raptor3624: my login or email address would be p@@@.%%%%%@gmail.com

Raptor3624:Raptor3624

/ BLR 120 182-21 150th A

Springfield Gardens NY

NewYork, NY 11413

Raptor3624:thats the address

Phil: It is the order for the 'Nook Color by Barnes & Noble (Certified Pre-Owned)' and the 'Screen Protector for Barnes & Noble Nook Color', right?

Raptor3624: yup

Phil: Your order was cancelled because you used a foreign credit card to place this order.

Raptor3624: But it is an International Credit Card issued by Citibank

Phil: You need to use a card issued by US bank that has US billing address to ship an order within US.

Raptor3624: ok.

Phil: The billing address of the card should be in US.

Raptor3624: Billing address is in US.

Raptor3624: The card however is not issued by a US bank.

Raptor3624: If I use a paypal account, should it be a US address verified account?

Phil: Yes.

Communication with the RightNow Chat service has been lost. Please wait while attempts are made to restore the connection.

Disconnection in 188 seconds.

Connection resumed.

Phil: Do you have any other concerns?

Raptor3624: Are you sure? I would like to know if I can use a paypal account which belongs to another country.

Phil: I am sorry, we will not accept PayPal with non US billing address.

Raptor3624: ok

Phil: Have I answered all of your questions?

Raptor3624: No

Phil: Thanks for visiting Overstock.com. Have a good night.

Phil has disconnected.

Raptor3624: You seem to be in a lot of hurry

Leave Request Email Response Type your message here, then click Send or press <Enter>

Send Attach File

End Screen Share

lol lol lol lol. Sorry couldnt control but fond memories.

Anyways, there is no way around this. If you want to order something using your Indian cc, you will need to get it shipped thru them. Which probably kills the deal.

PS (I was part of Overstock.com live chat support for over a year :D)

yeah.. that bugger disconnected even though I had more questions.Will complain it to the customer care about this.

So how are peple able to place so many orders through SnS, if there's no work around for this.I am sure not everyone has an international credit card.

Back