Graphic Cards A suitable AGP card for my machine

reshadat

Disciple
Hi guys,

I have a old 845 chipset motherboard with p4 2.4 GHz processor. It has 1 GB ddr RAM. Please suggest a AGP graphic card. I'm a casual gamer and need the graphic card for mid level gaming and aero stuff. Also, 256MB would be ok or should I go for 512 MB?

Also quote the price if possible. Which one is better..NVIDIA or ATI? :hap2:

Problem is: You must be on a very low quality generic power supply unit (PSU)

Whats your budget? New AGP card is much more expensive than new PCI-Ex16 card.

hence suggestion: A used Geforce 6200LE or 5200Fx or maybe a 7300GT AGP as a used ATI HD4650 AGP will be hard to find.

+1 to sato's suggestion. 6200 or FX5200 from nvidia or 9600/9600 Pro from ATi. The ATi cards are DX9 compatible and will allow you to enable Aero effects.

Anything higher than that will be a waste of time and money since your processor will be the bottleneck.

i have 865 motherboard and P4 2.8HT, bought sapphire 3850 for 6k from US and got a 550W SMPS. got 1 Gb ram and spare 512.. will get this one fitted this weekend.

i played COD MW1,DMC,company of hero, playing Dragon age at the moment.

will upgrade to i7 or quad core soon :D

Thanks for the quick suggestion guys.I was thinking of buying second hand. 6200 would be the best choice it seems. What memory should I go for? 256 or 512MB?

Very hard to find new agp cards , but you can go for a pci 6200 card . Found many in lamington road . Or you can order online 4650 but it is not worth for its price .

My opinion is to sell your old hardware and buy new board with igp like 4200 . better then 6200 card .You have to invest one time in cpu and ram since there is no sense in investing in a agp card for gaming . You will hardly last 3-4 months on gaming with that .

rohan_mhtr said:
Very hard to find new agp cards , but you can go for a pci 6200 card . Found many in lamington road . Or you can order online 4650 but it is not worth for its price .
My opinion is to sell your old hardware and buy new board with igp like 4200 . better then 6200 card .You have to invest one time in cpu and ram since there is no sense in investing in a agp card for gaming . You will hardly last 3-4 months on gaming with that .

How much is 6200 PCI? preferably second hand

As i said second hand would be very hard to find and new will cost you around 1.8-2.5k .

Also 6200 supports shade model 2.0 so new games that support shader 3.0 and higher are out of question like crysis , call of duty etc . The card is only ment for older games like fifa , nfs most wanted etc .

Also 6200 supports shade model 2.0 so new games that support shader 3.0 and higher are out of question
6200 fully supports shader model 3.0 like the remaining Geforce 6 series.
However the support is mostly on paper since it doesn't have enough horsepower to run any post 2006 game with reasonable frame rates.

Back