A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

swatkats

Skilled
Inspired by Jio's strategy of minimum recharge of Rs 49/month, which made them profitable even with such low tariffs.

A-VO-ID is planning to let go low ARPU (average revenue per user) totaling 20 crores!

telcos.jpg

Airtel-Idea-Vodafone new compulsory recharge of minimum recharge of Rs.35/month (28days)

Common offers across 3 operators:

• 35-26TT +100MB 28D (2.5p/sec)
  • 65-55TT +1p/sec+ 200MB 28D
  • 95-95TT +1p/2sec+ 500MB 28D
  • 199- Unlimited calls (Loc/Std) + 1.4GB/day + 100sms/day 28D
  • 449- Unlimited calls (Loc/Std) + 1.4GB/day + 100sms/day 82D
Or No outgoing calls even if you have balance.

https://www.financialexpress.com/in...to-switch-off-200-million-users-soon/1390942/

Last edited:
If all of them port to Jio, annual revenue would be ZERO! :p:D

Btw, exactly how many providers are currently operational in India right now?

Unbelievable to think there are more DTH providers than MSPs right now. And somehow i feel this much consolidation is not exactly good for the consumer since it reduces competition and encourages monopoly. They were already pretty much a cabal, and BSNL is incapable of giving them a real fight wrt. technology, all they can do is provide connectivity in rural areas, and even that is being dominated by Jio.

blame the govt. they got greedy and hiked rates countless times for mobile frequency spectrum ranges. after the telecom scam every spectrum price shot up. meanwhile companies mobile call and data rates went down and some of them folded up or sold out. these 4 are the only one with deep pockets left and all of them are hurting. there's talks that voda cant even fulfill the amount for broadband spectrum and is asking for more time now.

So basically customers who were using there primary numbers just for incoming and using Jio for outgoings are PISSED, I really don't know whats the harm in recharging your number with Rs35 that's peanuts, 35 rupees will give u 25 rupess of talking with no validity so once the validity expires your money is safe for basically 130 rupess for a year is not that bad.

So basically customers who were using there primary numbers just for incoming and using Jio for outgoings are PISSED, I really don't know whats the harm in recharging your number with Rs35 that's peanuts, 35 rupees will give u 25 rupess of talking with no validity so once the validity expires your money is safe for basically 130 rupess for a year is not that bad.

Thats right, its not a big amount but the troubles of recharging every month

There should be option for validity recharge for a longer period, dont mind paying 35rs per month together for say 6months or a year

That way they can get bigger amount at current time

There should be option for validity recharge for a longer period, dont mind paying 35rs per month together for say 6months or a year

Wait for couple of days TRAI sent notice to AVOID asking about these recharges let see what they have to say on this.

AVOID is running in several lossses. And VOID deal yielded no returns or profits as well. Imagine Vodafone taking idea with it while sinking completely.
Same is with Airtel. This is all to cover their losses upto certain extent & they will run to whatever extent by putting the weight on users shoulders.
Why does Trai waits till something happens around?
What happened to those users who did 999 recharge a decade ago for lifetime free validity?
Cant trai protect the interest of those users who opted for similar lifetime recharges?
Seems trai has given them the ball to play the way these operators want to.

Trai can also play a game to keep them on toe. Reduce the porting lock period from 3 months to 45 days and then see what happens around.

Blaming jio is no logic as if it is affordable for reliance, make it price competitive to jio. You may loose 5 users but will retain 5 too. Not all users will run for that extra 2-10 rs here and there.
Provide good coverage with competitive plans and you are here to stay in profits.

Airtel says its offering 35rs cashback in their app, but in t&c it says they will provide only to selected users.

Has anyone tried this 35rs cashback offer?

I used to think that way too, because jio was pretty crappy at the start, which is why i kept my primary vodafone number on standby for so long, but jio is now pretty flawless in the cities. There is no reason for me to keep another sim active here, and for the villages, where jio is actually crap, i have bsnl. It's not about 35 bucks a month, i just can't be arsed to keep tabs on two sims any more...

Previously one used to pay 300/month towards mobile bills.

Now its just 133 towards (Jio) and 65 (a-void)... Under ₹200. Not a big deal.

FYKI, jio data speeds are far better than AvoID/BSNL. No complaints.

FYKI, jio data speeds are far better than AvoID/BSNL. No complaints.

Actually, here in the city (suburbs really) vodafone 4g is slightly faster than jio for me. but in the villages, vodafone is way faster than jio. overall though, jio is more cost effective and even the slower speeds are still good enough. Bsnl data speed is slower than 2g even on 3g so all they're good for is the talktime.

everyone's experience is different, varies due to location primarily and also other factors like usage/hardware etc. so for every person there is probably a different optimum mobile provider which suits their usage pattern. the trial and error method is the only way here...

Honestly i did port from airtel to jio for my mom which i paid 1700 for one year which it is equal to 140 per month, cause in airtel postpaid is too high due to which i have to recharge 300-400 per month, which it is not good plan and prepaid does not have better offer compare Jio

as of now i decide to port my airtel to jio this week which i was using old airtel more than 13 year which has good network and sh1t plan, so thank to reliance for battle affordably plan for Indian

p.s I don't care about the speed test only i use whassup and email mostly while at out and at home i already has powerful broadband around 200 mbps, even office same too so i just want to buy cheap plan for long term around 1 year only..

The one change that Airtel seems to have made is the ability to recharge from the main balance. I recharged for 28 days at Rs 34 (not Rs 35) from my main balance and at that time it asked me if I wanted to setup auto recharge. This removes the hassle of recharging every 28 days. Good move from Airtel.

The one change that Airtel seems to have made is the ability to recharge from the main balance. I recharged for 28 days at Rs 34 (not Rs 35) from my main balance and at that time it asked me if I wanted to setup auto recharge. This removes the hassle of recharging every 28 days. Good move from Airtel.
noticed this yesterday.. adding to that, there is also an option to gift talktime to another airtel user, but limited to Rs. 101 max. idea allows gifting max. 50 Rs., but they are not allowing recharge from main balance.

Back