A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

Lol, a call to customer care quickly reveals their fraudulent nature.

He confirmed that i will not be able to use the Rs. 9 recharge and i will have to make a Rs. 35 one. I asked him what the 9 one is there for and his answer was nothing but shocking.

If you have an "unlimited" plan, it is LIMITED to 250 minutes per day. If you exceed that then you can use the Rs. 9 on top of the "unlimited" plan to get "unlimited" calls for one day.

Nothing but a big bunch of crooks. They deserve everything that Jio has done to them. Of course the big boys at the top keep getting paid tons :-/

I have main balance in Vodafone with outgoing validity over .
Yet I can't send out a port out toll free sms to 1900 .
Kindly guide me as to where I can complain about this .
Thanks .
Ankush .

To Vodafone but obvious or write directly to Trai. But I sense 1900 sms services shouldn't be chargeable still let other porters here reply.

Wow. From : https://www.trai.gov.in/contactus

TRAI Act, 1997 does not envisage handling of individual consumer complaints by TRAI. Consumers are advised to take up their complaints with their respective service providers. Complaints, if any, received in TRAI are forwarded to the service providers. No follow up action is taken by TRAI on individual complaint(s). For any clarification/feedback consumer can contact Sr. Research Officer (Consumer Affairs) at e-mail daca[at]trai[dot]gov[dot]in.

TRAI has laid down framework for redressal of complaints of telecom consumers which provides for a two tier grievance redressal mechanism of complaint centre and appellate authority by every service provider. Area-wise/service provider- wise details of complaint centre and appellate authority are available on web portal www.tccms.gov.in.

The service provider themselves don't take cognizance of the complaint. Their appelate process is a big PITA : https://discover.vodafone.in/help-support/vodafone-customer-care-mumbai (scroll down to
Appellate authority). You have to download a PDF form and fill it etc.

What is the minimum recharge to be done to keep outgoing going on? I am not in India at the moment and I keep getting message saying my outgoing will shut off and I have to recharge 199 rupees. I think it should be less.

What is the minimum recharge to be done to keep outgoing going on? I am not in India at the moment and I keep getting message saying my outgoing will shut off and I have to recharge 199 rupees. I think it should be less.

For vodafone it's Rs 35 for 28 days. not a big deal because you get 26 bucks talktime and 100mb data as well.

Thanks a lot. Will do recharge. Not sure why they are asking 199 rupees.

My outgoing expired on 12/12. From the 4th they have sent me 9 sms with various figures of 35, 95 and 199. Guess they're trying to get as much as they can.

You can go to the vodafone recharge site and enter your number there. It will sometimes show you additional offers specific to your number. Or if USSD is working on your number, *111# followed by the menu option for best offer for your number. For example, they're showing me a Rs. 398 with 117gb+UL calls for 84 days, which is pretty close to Jio. Except vodafone has FUPs on their 'unlimited' calls.[DOUBLEPOST=1544990645][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's the special recharges for my number:
untitled.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not even letting me recharge from my existing balance .
Apart from me not being able to send a port out sms which I think is quite unfair , as I still have balance in my account .

They are not even letting me recharge from my existing balance .
Apart from me not being able to send a port out sms which I think is quite unfair , as I still have balance in my account .

UPDATE:

They have extended the validity on one of my vodafone number to 19 dec and on another to 21 december. I was thus able to send the port out sms. Got an acknowledgent reply from 1900 and they say they will send my UPC shortly. Haven't got any calls yet, but already got an sms from Vodafone asking why i want to leave them (toll free reply lol).

I want to confirm few things please (did not read all replies got Basic understanding).

1. I have to recharge each and every cell phone account with minimum of 35 INR per month ?
(Regardless incoming/outgoing) or not USAGE AT ALL..

2. It is compulsory or your service provider, disconnects you if non-payment of 35 INR.

3. Since what date this gets activated ? and what is next date to make payment of 35 INR to stop discontinue this..

4. Any reason any legal authority of India has give to make this liaBle to Indians ?
If not lets raise a cause (against TRAI)

Last edited:
I want to confirm few things please (did not read all replies got Basic understanding).

1. I have to recharge each and every cell phone account with minimum of 35 INR per month ?
(Regardless incoming/outgoing) or not USAGE AT ALL..

2. It is compulsory or your service provider, disconnects you if non-payment of 35 INR.

3. Since what date this gets activated ? and what is next date to make payment of 35 INR to stop discontinue this..

4. Any reason any legal authority of India has give to make this liaBle to Indians ?
If not lets raise a cause (against TRAI)

1. BSNL does not need this now, but maybe down the line

2. Compulsory. They will just stop outgoing and later on, incoming to your number.

3. Every 28 days.

4. Best of luck. This is a change of business ploy by the companies and change to ARPU from having subscriber numbers. However, there is respite for those who did the 999 RC from Airtel (lifetime validity recharge) or equivalent - I remember reading the TnC, and it was as long as the license was valid, lifetime validity was there. They can fight and might win.

I finally had to recharge 35 Rupees to get the services activated. I don't even make any calls so no outgoing was ok for now but I was worried number may be recycled and that's why just went ahead with this scam recharge.

People deciding to port out, what are you porting out to? Also how do you know the operator you are porting out to won't pull this "validity" recharge BS?

Back