A2 Ghee a scam?

Hmm some comments were useful here, learned a thing or two. But coming from a family of produced ghee from its own cows' milk I always root for that authentic ghee, and I have been told that everything that's sold nowadays are just saturated fat or whatever. I tried all the brands, Nestle, Amul and Aashirvad, mum tells me none is true ghee, obviously, considering how cheap they are. Now, we do not have the provisions/means of making ghee on our own, so is there actually any good quality ghee being sold online?

Screenshot_20220225-023139~2.png

My browser tab from over a week ago still opened. I went to the market to do a small research on the vegetable oils available. It seems that most people don't care about health concerns. And I ended up buying an Engine oil and Fortune rice bran oil. Palm oil is also available in lots.

Proper Indian cow breeds like sahiwal, gir etc are considered (pure) desi cows and it is believed that their milk and desi ghee made from that milk after butter is made is the best and has many medicinal qualities.

If you can arrange pure ghee made from the milk of purely Indian variety of cow, it is considered best and full of great healing and medicinal properties.
+1 to Bs.

Hmm some comments were useful here, learned a thing or two. But coming from a family of produced ghee from its own cows' milk I always root for that authentic ghee, and I have been told that everything that's sold nowadays are just saturated fat or whatever. I tried all the brands, Nestle, Amul and Aashirvad, mum tells me none is true ghee, obviously, considering how cheap they are. Now, we do not have the provisions/means of making ghee on our own, so is there actually any good quality ghee being sold online?
Cheapest way would be to still make Ghee at home, even if you do it with packet milk instead of own cow's milk. Best way to do that would be to buy a small manual cream separator. Lakshmi brand from Chadha Sales, New Delhi is the best option whether for commercial or home use. The separated Cream should be treated with Curd and left to turn, like you leave Curd to be made. Then the Curd-cream, will need to be churned into Butter, which can be consumed as it is or heated to turn into Ghee. This should cost you anywhere between 1000-1250 bucks for a litre of Ghee and you will be left with 24L of skimmed milk for consumption as well (assuming milk fat percentage of 4.5%).
There are people selling genuine Ghee, but they charge much higher, anywhere from 1750 to even 3000. I plan to sell mine for 1000 bucks plus shipping, when I start in the next month or two.

Cheapest way would be to still make Ghee at home, even if you do it with packet milk instead of own cow's milk.
So that should be with a full cream milk packet and not the regular toned milk right?

Best way to do that would be to buy a small manual cream separator. Lakshmi brand from Chadha Sales, New Delhi is the best option whether for commercial or home use.
How much would such a device cost approx?

Yes you can. You buy from modern ventures like mine. Try and find one in your vicinity.
It's a simple case of economics. A litre of milk costs a farmer anywhere from 22-25 bucks depending upon feed prices and their own management. The co-operatives buy milk at an average price of 28-30 bucks. After transporting and processing they sell the same milk at 55-60 bucks. So the farmer will sell the milk, even if the animal is undergoing antibiotic treatment. But ventures like mine, who sell milk or milk products directly to customer at 50-60 bucks, can afford to take that loss and that's what we do. Also, the animals are not given antibiotics for growth. Just like humans, antibiotics are given only when the animal is sick. What's more problematic is the use of hormones like oxytocin. Using oxytocin in emergency in recommended amount is not a problem, but like everything in India, including pesticides and insecticides in crops, farmers end up using these things in excess, mostly due to misinformation and overprescription by the companies selling those products.
I don't think Indian farmers would be so naive compared to their western counterparts and not use something that has been observed and proven to improve profits:

As per this video in 1960s American heart association declared that butter/ghee saturated fats were bad for heart. It was funded by Procter and Gamble which invented vegetable oils which we use today. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...aced-animal-fats-in-the-american-diet/256155/
American companies have ****ed up the world, Coke, Mcdonalds, dominos, high yielding crops, GMO food, vegetable oil. We eat poison.
Very interesting so she recommends frying in saturated and avoiding polyunsaturated (what most people fry with) because polyunsaturated creates more oxidation products that are bad for health.

The exact opposite of what i've been hearing and even the USDA until 2015 was still advocating.

Vegans reject any animal based products so they will be sticking with vegetable oils.

Are there any plant based saturated fats ? i don't know any. Butter, ghee and lard are all animal derived.

Last edited:
Are there any plant based saturated fats ?
Coconut oil.
It will be nice if Indians start bringing / asking about clinical trials & studies instead of just relying anecdotal experiences or marketing materials.
Diet science is broken. You would be better off taking eating advice from your grandmother than some doctor with a fancy degree.

vegetable oils
I wonder who came up with this term? AFAIK, there are no vegetables in vegetable oil. Sounds like deceptive marketing. One of the names of trans fats is 'Hydrogenated vegetable oil'. Talk about a mind f***.

Last edited:
A2 is a new generation scam .. run ads on YouTube and your brand becomes big... YouTube ads are bigger than TV ads now..

Anyone can come of a shifty brand post ads on YouTube and make money out of it.

So that should be with a full cream milk packet and not the regular toned milk right?

How much would such a device cost approx?
Yes, full cream will be best option. Also, these co-operative companies sell something known as institutional packs, which are 6 L packs at discounted rates. See if you can get your hands at that.

As for the cream separator, you will have to contact them and ask for the latest price - https://chadhasales.com/cream-separator/
They have a smaller 50LPH manual model aimed for households, but it's a plastic model. If you have a local halwai nearby, see if he will let you use his for a small fee, but I doubt he will.

Cheapest way would be to still make Ghee at home, even if you do it with packet milk instead of own cow's milk. Best way to do that would be to buy a small manual cream separator. Lakshmi brand from Chadha Sales, New Delhi is the best option whether for commercial or home use. The separated Cream should be treated with Curd and left to turn, like you leave Curd to be made. Then the Curd-cream, will need to be churned into Butter, which can be consumed as it is or heated to turn into Ghee. This should cost you anywhere between 1000-1250 bucks for a litre of Ghee and you will be left with 24L of skimmed milk for consumption as well (assuming milk fat percentage of 4.5%).
There are people selling genuine Ghee, but they charge much higher, anywhere from 1750 to even 3000. I plan to sell mine for 1000 bucks plus shipping, when I start in the next month or two.
Oh so those packaged milks are fine then huh? I thought they contained some chemicals or whatever. Hmm. OK, then I will tell mum to make ghee like you said.
Btw, what exactly is those milk powders? I mean Amul Spray and all? I really like the taste of it, so I consume them every now and then, I guess I am still an infant Lol.

Oh so those packaged milks are fine then huh? I thought they contained some chemicals or whatever. Hmm. OK, then I will tell mum to make ghee like you said.
Btw, what exactly is those milk powders? I mean Amul Spray and all? I really like the taste of it, so I consume them every now and then, I guess I am still an infant Lol.
No, if you can find a good source of milk that you can trust, then of course, that would be better than the milk packets. I was talking especially about Ghee, because both Milk and Ghee can be adulterated in different ways. With the huge amounts of milk being mixed together, those adulterants will get diluted, but Ghee will be adulterated directly and at times even completely false product can also be sold in company packaging. Delhi police busted such a racket few years ago and every Diwali, fake khoa is caught in North India. Also fake Paneer in huge quantities was caught in Patiala, Punjab, not too long back. So that's why it's a little better option to make these products ourself, even if it is made from packet milk.

but never quit vegetable oil
I suppose you meant seed oil like sunflower, mustard, canola etc right? Because AFAIK 'vegetable oil' as used in ingredients is one of the worst things one can put in the human body. (This includes Soy and Palm oil)

Just like humans, antibiotics are given only when the animal is sick.
Glad to know the perspective of a farmer. A question though, without use of antibiotics or pasteurizing milk how do you prevent pathogens moving via milk to the human body? Human and bovine immune systems are not the same.

Glad to know the perspective of a farmer. A question though, without use of antibiotics or pasteurizing milk how do you prevent pathogens moving via milk to the human body? Human and bovine immune systems are not the same.

Pasteurization is a good enough process as it has been for a long time. Here, in North India, we go even ahead, and, at least in my household, milk has always been boiled. This is what I've seen in most households. There is an even higher process, known as UHT, which is what happens with Tetra-Pak milk.
The technology I'm most excited in the near future, is UV treatment of milk. That will revolutionize milk treatment, if it becomes successful. One company has claimed to have cracked it. This will allow to treat milk without any loss of nutrients.

This a good thread to know lot of things about milk/ghee/oils... We should have a similar thread about non veg items as well

Last edited:
Back