Aadhaar card

I took the pic of my enrolment slip as soon as I was out of aadhar booth. After one year, that thing came to rescue. I was away from my hometown and without my aadhar card or enrolment slip. I badly needed my aadhar card number. My family members tried searching in my room, in vain. Then I remembered about the photo I took.

I am renewing my passport & having my name changed. Aadhar card helped a lot.

I took the pic of my enrolment slip as soon as I was out of aadhar booth. After one year, that thing came to rescue. I was away from my hometown and without my aadhar card or enrolment slip. I badly needed my aadhar card number. My family members tried searching in my room, in vain. Then I remembered about the photo I took.

I am renewing my passport & having my name changed. Aadhar card helped a lot.

I remember that slip which was generated at time of the photo-click. I kept mine safely with my passport. I also scanned a copy to my email and made 5-6 photocopies. These government documents, are like gold. One cannot lose them.

Will read the article now...

btw how aadhar is different from SSN? annyone can tell me the difference and why it is bad?

There is nothing wrong with it. Just a record. But the way our government manages aspects, it might get leaked or let out -a- mother-load for social engineering.

I will be in Bangalore for about 2 weeks and I want to apply for Aadhaar card..What is the process to apply for one?
Is it possible to apply online now and then go to a center for fingerprints or whatever?

people who do not have aadhaar card, what's stopping you? I am just curious.
The fact that it is not a legal thing. The parliament has not yet passed the bill in this regard. Since the govt is forcing us to make one, they are overstepping their powers in direct contradiction to the Supreme court verdict. Besides encroaching on my privacy which is a right given to me by the constitution.
Congress looks all set to win again (match fixing maybe ;) ) ...... They will force this illegal card down our throats then.

I will be in Bangalore for about 2 weeks and I want to apply for Aadhaar card..What is the process to apply for one?
Is it possible to apply online now and then go to a center for fingerprints or whatever?

Online slot booking isn't yet implemented. Though their sites says so.
Recently I applied from the Permanent enrollment center at Lalbagh Road (besides Passport seva kendra).
They accept the forms from 9am till 11am and start taking the biometric scans in FIFO order.
Be there early (before 9) and you could finish it within an hour.
Carry proper documents - as I was having problem with the address proof. They were reluctant to accept rent agreement even after notarization. But they did took it finally. :)

I would like to know why is everyone "still" applying for AADHAR Card, when so much of a discrepancy is present in the system, It is a very well acknowledged fact that some many things are wrong, data in the wrong hands, this and that missing, but people are just closing the eyes and applying.
Are you all just keeping in mind the GOVT subsidies and applying? What ever it is just like to know, even after people pointing out serious shortcomings in the system!
Elections are due in no time, mostly what happens if the whole process is scrapped?
Isnt it like the government selling your biometeric data to some other country, through different sources but legally?

I dunno about others but I HAD to apply as its in mandatory document list for a company I am applying. :D
Yeah its sounds ridiculous, and I asked them Why? Why Adhar? Even NSR sounds reasonable - got reply its mandated by someone way above in the hierarchy.

I applied it for LPG subsidy, its been scrapped now.
But for rent and lease agreement registration online in maharashtra , Aadhar is necessary.

Back