Aadhaar card

Yes very true. I have also said about the demerits of having Aadhar and how the developed countries have avoided this, in some of my previous posts.
I have no idea why are some people trying to act smart.
Like i said some ministers did not even know, whether Aadhar is a card or a number. :)
Good thing is the Supreme Court decision of not making it mandatory, else this UPA govt was making it mandatory in all places.
There was also a good blog that i read about Nandan Nilekani regarding aadhar, cant find it now though. :(
Is this the blog you are looking for?
http://www.toxicswatch.org/2013/09/following-following-supreme-courts.html
From the blog:
On January 31, 2013, it came to light that members of Union Cabinet were unaware as whether it is a number or a card. Instead of facing the issue upfront, a Group of Ministers was set up to resolve it but no one knows whether it has been resolved.
I submit that the Strategy Overview document of the UIDAI said that "enrolment will not be mandated" but added, "This will not, however, preclude governments or registrars from mandating enrolment". It must be noted that Shri Nilekani headed several committees whose recommendations made Aadhaar mandatory.

Its been 3months i have enrolled and i am still getting this stupid message Your Aadhaar number is under generation. Please check back after few days

Any idea what to do about it???

Its been 3months i have enrolled and i am still getting this stupid message Your Aadhaar number is under generation. Please check back after few days

Any idea what to do about it???
My case is slightly different. I registered in April'13. Still the query says ' we do not have the record. Pls try after a few days. I have even sent a complaint mail. No response. Dont know what to do next. I have EID.

My case is slightly different. I registered in April'13. Still the query says ' we do not have the record. Pls try after a few days. I have even sent a complaint mail. No response. Dont know what to do next. I have EID.
You would have to apply again. I have applied twice, they do not have the records, now have to apply again a third time.

I havnt applied for my aadhar card, but i am willing to apply. From where i can apply? And isnt there any online form submission system?
There isn't any online form submission.
You'll have to go some enrollment counter. For more info http://uidai.gov.in/
The form is available online for download. But you have to submit it in person as they take biometric infos.

Whole thing is a scam waiting to explode imo. Must have been made to support Nilenkeni financially. Sooner or later this card will be dropped since it has no legal status at the moment.

people who do not have aadhaar card, what's stopping you? I am just curious.

What you mean. You cannot just go and get it made. There are long queues and the turn around is random. The centers are minimal and keep changing, their website is not updated.

Anyways, I applied in September. Got an sms yesterday, that they have mailed it.

people who do not have aadhaar card, what's stopping you? I am just curious.
because I just don't need it. Since it isn't(wasn't) mandatory anywhere, I didn't bothered to apply for one. (well, until now - I gotta get it now as its in mandatory doc list somewhere I am applying).

I have lost my receipt, any idea what can be done?
Anyone else faced similar situation?
Mistakenly liked your post when I wanted to quote it. :oops:

Just cross your fingers and hope your aadhar card gets printed and is mailed to you. After you get the card, the receipt is not required imo.

I have lost my receipt, any idea what can be done?
Anyone else faced similar situation?

You will have to visit the center where you registered, and ask them (if it still exists). Else just wait for it to arrive at the address mentioned. There is no retrieval system. You need the enrollment number (which is not the Aadhar Number)+date stamp+time stamp (with seconds)+name+pin: combination to retrieve information off the portal. Also: enrollment number (which is not the Aadhar Number)+date stamp+time stamp; is enough to check the status or find out your Aadhar number. You have none of this, so are in quite a pickle. How could you have lost it.

Just downloaded my PDF off their portal, some moments back. In the Matrix now..!

Back