Abu Azmi hit by MNS leader for taking oath in Hindi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladdin

Adept
The 13 Members of Legislative Assembly of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena on Monday created a ruckus in the Maharashtra assembly, after Samajwadi party MLA Abu Asim Azmi started to take his oath in Hindi, in spite of their demand that all legislators take the pledge in Marathi.

As soon as Azmi began taking the oath in Hindi, the 13 member-strong MNS contingent rushed towards Azmi, snatching the mike away from the podium.

MNS members shouted slogans, demanding that Azmi should take the oath in Marathi. The House was adjourned for 30 minutes as the pandemonium continued. Soon after that, MNS MLA Ram Kadam slapped Azmi.

Chief Minister Ashok Chavan and Energy Minister Ajit Pawar tried to restore calm in the House.

MNS chief Raj Thackeray had in October announced that his party's legislators would ensure that all MLAs took their oath in Marathi.

"If any MLA does not take the oath in Marathi, the House will see what happens," Raj had threatened.
SOURCE

EDIT : Mod, edit the thread title :p

Oh yes... This is just the start.. As the dialogue goes, "Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.."

THis is what happens when you vote hooligans to power.

This is indeed a shame... why these sadistic buggers were voted to power?

I'm marathi and I find it real disgusting that our National Language has no value that it can be threaten by bunch of hooligans like these openly. Advocating Marathi is one thing, they shouldn't be allowed to challenge national language like this in the first place.

MNS is just trying to gain simple popularity through these low level acts...

They have a sole intention to protest against Hindi to gain cheap popularity....

Some MLAs did took oath in English too...

There was no protest from MNS for English....

Their a*s was getting itched by Hindi only...

this means that all North Indians should cut off that thackeray dog's balls If and whenever he has guts enough to step out of his state.

any mangy dog can act like a lion in his own kennel. raj thackeray is that kind of a dog. he shows his canine side when mumbai was under siege last year on 26th november. true to his nature, he tucked his tail between his legs and ran for and was not seen for a few weeks. in fact what happened to his bravado then? we didn't hear any "statements" then. what happened to his marathi manoos at that time? didn't have balls enough to stand up to a direct threat that was staring them in the face?

i do not intend to start any flame wars, and I didn't mean anything hurtful against any Maharashtrians. In fact, some of my good friends are from that state, the state where I have spenbt 5 amazing years of my life. That is why this bastard's behaviour and consequently the blind fan following that this guys has, these things hurt.

what is there in marathi manoos or punjabi gabru? just be a damn good human being, thats what matters.

its a shame that our country is heading towards more and more sillyness everyday. The worst part is, no one wants to stand up to such assholes. Is there no section of the Constitution or Indian Law that can deter and stop these people?

phoenix844884 said:
this means that all North Indians should cut off that thackeray dog's balls If and whenever he has guts enough to step out of his state.
any mangy dog can act like a lion in his own kennel. raj thackeray is that kind of a dog. he shows his canine side when mumbai was under siege last year on 26th november. true to his nature, he tucked his tail between his legs and ran for and was not seen for a few weeks. in fact what happened to his bravado then? we didn't hear any "statements" then. what happened to his marathi manoos at that time? didn't have balls enough to stand up to a direct threat that was staring them in the face?

i do not intend to start any flame wars, and I didn't mean anything hurtful against any Maharashtrians. In fact, some of my good friends are from that state, the state where I have spenbt 5 amazing years of my life. That is why this bastard's behaviour and consequently the blind fan following that this guys has, these things hurt.

what is there in marathi manoos or punjabi gabru? just be a damn good human being, thats what matters.
its a shame that our country is heading towards more and more sillyness everyday. The worst part is, no one wants to stand up to such assholes. Is there no section of the Constitution or Indian Law that can deter and stop these people?

I am sure India has ten times more laws than we need, but thing is who will bell the cat ? Does anyone seriously think that any of the political parties will be interested in this ? Every party benefits from it as it polarizes the voters more and more importantly, when everyone is talking about these nobody will have time for insignificant issues like drinking water/electricity/roads

Laws allow any language than he was right according to law...to take oath in hindi...his idiot supporters even shut shops in azmi area...

But its Damn shamefull...on one side people fighting for marathi as if marathi is a human being and it will feel bad and on other hand RR patil again appointed home minister(the person who said it 4-5 year tenure 1-2 incident like 26/11 can happen)

hp-india said:
Oh yes... This is just the start.. As the dialogue goes, "Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.."

THis is what happens when you vote hooligans to power.

All said and done, that Azmi fellow, infact the whole of Samajwadi party is a bigger evil then MNS can ever dream of becoming. Not that I support the attack but just stating the facts. If MNS people had attacked him for the person he is instead of taking the oath in Hindi, I would have voted for the party next time around :)

Great news. But I wish they would have bashed that Azmi on the road .... he deserves a much bigger thrashing.

Great work by MNS MLAs .. kudos to Ram Kadam.

X-Rebel said:
Great news. But I wish they would have bashed that Azmi on the road .... he deserves a much bigger thrashing.

For taking oath in Hindi?

And now the tod phod has already started here in Pune :p

Saw long lines on petrol pumps as well may be due to fear that city might remain close tomorrow. (But I don want that as I have a movie to catch! Raj Thackeray give me my Rs.170 bucks back! :mad: )

phoenix844884 said:
i do not intend to start any flame wars, and I didn't mean anything hurtful against any Maharashtrians.

Don't worry mate people here are not that illiterate and know the facts :) I am too a maharashtrian but strongly oppose each and every act of RT! There was once a good article of shobha de saying that RT should look back into the history. His own surname 'Thackrey' was derived from a english surname 'Thackersay' or something like that :p. It was in times (I don rem the date though)

Aces170 said:
All said and done, that Azmi fellow, infact the whole of Samajwadi party is a bigger evil then MNS can ever dream of becoming.

+1

X-Rebel said:

+1

10 chars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back