AC and Coolant suggestion

santhoshr

Disciple
Using Carrier 1TON Inverter AC for quite a few years like 6+ years, it stopped working properly now last year alone two times gas change, full gas leak test, spent 10k+ no use, too much noise, reduced fan speed and no cooling

Please suggest good AC with 1.5 or 2 Ton, in Chennai at summer times it goes 45+ degrees, the technicians told me 10x10 room I should have installed 1.5Ton due to open terrace above, so this time I will go for 1.5T or 2T. Also the coolant was mix of two coolants don't remember the variant it was expensive, which is ideal coolant ? BTW I want to go for OG or Carrier or Panasonic but you guys can suggest other brands as well

AC is used all days including winter, few hours day time, all night as well

Last edited:
Also the coolant was mix of two coolants don't remember the variant it was expensive, which is ideal coolant ?
Do you decide at the fuel station whether to put petrol/diesel? You need to use whatever refrigerant the AC was designed to use and only that. Using incompatible refrigerants will have subpar cooling at best and destroy seals and pump at worst.

AC is used all days including winter, few hours day time, all night as well
Better go for a 2T then. And put some shade on the outdoor unit to save electricity and improve performance.

Back