AC with heat pump?

Has anyone tried AC's with heat pump? I was looking at this https://www.amazon.in/Daikin-Inverter-Copper-Filter-FTHT50UV/dp/B0CJF9RHQH/
We have used Heat Pump based Hot and Cold A/Cs for the past 7 years or so at our residence.
While these are pretty old units, they do work reasonably well in Delhi NCR weather of both extremes.

Further, with 10yr past experience as an automobile HVAC engineer, I can attest to the energy efficiency benefits of Heat Pump heaters.

Please do check the operating temperature ranges for the unit, as too cold a weather and it will not be able to work. Bhopal (as it says on your profile) should be OK. I don't think winter there goes too near to zero, and the heat pump should work with decent efficiency in winters. New design unit should also be further more efficient.

How do you know that this particular model has a heat pump? I could not find any such feature in the product page.
It is a hot and cold model. I thought ACs heat by using a heat pump.

We have used Heat Pump based Hot and Cold A/Cs for the past 7 years or so at our residence.
While these are pretty old units, they do work reasonably well in Delhi NCR weather of both extremes.

Further, with 10yr past experience as an automobile HVAC engineer, I can attest to the energy efficiency benefits of Heat Pump heaters.

Please do check the operating temperature ranges for the unit, as too cold a weather and it will not be able to work. Bhopal (as it says on your profile) should be OK. I don't think winter there goes too near to zero, and the heat pump should work with decent efficiency in winters. New design unit should also be further more efficient.
Thanks. Yes, I am from Bhopal. Lowest i have seen in my area is 3-4C. This AC's operating range is -10 to 53C. So it should be fine.

I'm also looking for a similar AC which will work both in sumemrs and winters. In winters it will blow warm air along with humidity to get that usual in-house temperature feeling.

LG calls them dual inverters. This review from a Delhi based reviewer about two years back. He has more specific vids on his channel for power consumption etc

we have been using Mitsubishi's Hot and Cold ACs for almost a decade now and they are worth every penny, the heat unlike from blowers does not make the air smell acrid and doesnt dry out the skin, you can adjust temps as needed and it'll heat up the room pretty quickly, they are expensive tho, ours cost us 70-80k for the unit.

Last edited:
we have been using Mitsubishi's Hot and Cold ACs for almost a decade now and they are worth every penny, the heat unlike from blowers does make the air smell acrid and doesnt dry out the skin, you can adjust temps as needed and it'll heat up the room pretty quickly, they are expensive tho, ours cost us 70-80k for the unit.
The AC heat does smell acrid or does not smell acrid? Your sentence is confusing to me.

Alright, I am going with the Daikin. One question though, do i need to get a stabilzer for it? The inbuilt stabilizer has better specs than the ones vguard sells, but my electrician wants me to buy one regardless. Seems like a waste of money.

Alright, I am going with the Daikin. One question though, do i need to get a stabilzer for it? The inbuilt stabilizer has better specs than the ones vguard sells, but my electrician wants me to buy one regardless. Seems like a waste of money.
Ask why. If he can't give a satisfactory answer then probably getting a commission from the sale.

Why Daikin over the LG?
I see a 2 ton LG model with heating listed on Croma and Flipkart for 64K, and it's not even available at my pincode. Any reason to go looking for an LG model over Daikin?
Ask why. If he can't give a satisfactory answer then probably getting a commission from the sale.
To protect the AC. He is not selling it to me, i have to get it myself, so no commision is involved.

I see a 2 ton LG model with heating listed on Croma and Flipkart for 64K, and it's not even available at my pincode. Any reason to go looking for an LG model over Daikin?
Why don't you check it out. Offline availablity might be better. In the end it comes down to service and which brand has a better network where you live

we have been using Mitsubishi's Hot and Cold ACs for almost a decade now and they are worth every penny, the heat unlike from blowers does not make the air smell acrid and doesnt dry out the skin, you can adjust temps as needed and it'll heat up the room pretty quickly, they are expensive tho, ours cost us 70-80k for the unit.
For real though, I have a Mitsubishi unit in my study and there are times when I wish I could sleep there rather than the bedroom. Worth the premium.

To protect the AC. He is not selling it to me, i have to get it myself, so no commision is involved.
Not sure about LG, but Daikin air conditioners aren't built to the same spec anymore. Not sure if local manufacturing has a part to play.

Why don't you check it out. Offline availablity might be better. In the end it comes down to service and which brand has a better network where you live
Yeah, I'll go tomorrow and see what i can find locally. Looks like Daikin service is outsourced and I don't expect it to be good. Will go for LG if i can find it.
Well duh. Ask why the ac in built is not enough and why a separate one is needed.
Yes drill down the specs and ask why why why?
If he answers without logic- he is ignorant of science. BTW does your area have bad power?
I am not getting a stabilizer. I have no power issues in my area, the only fluctuation i get is from my old inverter, but the AC wont be connected to it anyways.
Not sure about LG, but Daikin air conditioners aren't built to the same spec anymore. Not sure if local manufacturing has a part to play.
Yeah, i have been told that by a few people. I guess that's why the prices for Daikin have gone down, IIRC they used to be more expensive when compared to other brands.

Back