Accidentally made a big payment to someone (person 1) assuming (person 2) from sbi IMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You very very much for all the important information share, can be helpful in future for someone else.
Identified the account, It was one of our old watchman who was in urgent need of money (family @ village).
I transferred 5000 to him that time (around 4-5 years ago).
But I forgot to remove that account from my beneficiary list.. It was some Corporate Bank Karla city i guess.

I transferred to same accidentally, after a lot of hassle, was able to get back to that watchman (he works somewhere else now), but I remember the security services in Mumbai from where we appointed him.

He agreed, that money was transferred to his account (some family person).
They credited back around 90% ASAP next day, rest 10% we will return next month.. (as was utilized).

I think i will leave 5% for him.. *around 2000* INR

Congos OP. As a rule in my geek book. I am very patient while doing IMPS/NEFTs. On every step I keep on checking payee/amount and when I add a new payee I do a small test transfer for a random amount like Rs. 117/134 etc and ask the payee if they can tell me the amount of the transfer. After I get a 100% confirmation I do it fully. You were lucky. Be careful next time :)

Congos OP. As a rule in my geek book. I am very patient while doing IMPS/NEFTs. On every step I keep on checking payee/amount and when I add a new payee I do a small test transfer for a random amount like Rs. 117/134 etc and ask the payee if they can tell me the amount of the transfer. After I get a 100% confirmation I do it fully. You were lucky. Be careful next time :)
This is a good rule.
I use it for upi transactions.

Thanks to all for suggestions,
I accept my mistake, nothing more to say..

Luckily got money back, now deleting/removing all unwanted accounts from list..
FYI - I even transferred funds to local Ciggarette pan shop online.. :( my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back