Laptops Acer 5740g temperature

hey guys i was converting videos ,

the temperature of cpu is showing 80-90 degrees , is it normal ? as its from last 10 minutes on turbo boost full 100% cpu utilization and video conversion .

processor is 430m .

is it ok ?

well its normal that 100% cpu is utilised during video conversion....it also depends on what encoder u r using and the file type but i think the temp is at slightly higher side...maybe its heating up 7-5c more.....y dont u get a laptop cooler as its summer time....keep ur lappy cool bro :)

^^is should be around 75 ? during full load ? well i ran my conversion for 40 minutes and temperature naver exceeded 85 degrees and had an avg of 81-82 degrees .
me in bangalore so its not that hot .

rajeshjsl said:
hey guys i was converting videos ,

the temperature of cpu is showing 80-90 degrees , is it normal ? as its from last 10 minutes on turbo boost full 100% cpu utilization and video conversion .

processor is 430m .

is it ok ?

Hi Rajesh

Where did u bought this lappy n for how much? iam planning to get hwz the performance

^Please dont hijack the thread

anyway, yes, the temperatures are slightly on the higher side.

Having said that, why dont you see if your air flow is being blocked. also, you didnt mention the ambient temperature of your room. If you have an ac, try running the computer with it on and you should see a drastic reduction in temperatures.

Also, a notebook cooler is a good idea if they tend to stay that high. a budget of 1,5k would fetch you a very nice one. search here for 'infinite'

laptop7 said:
Hi Rajesh

Where did u bought this lappy n for how much? iam planning to get hwz the performance

i bought one at 23rd feb frm acer mall manipal centre bangalore but it was defected one , acer service center replaced it with a new on @ 6th arpil .

the price i paid was 45k at that time .

the room temperature is about 30-34 and the laptop is on a table .
nothing is blocking any airflow .

since its video conversion and full load what should be the avg temperature if it runs for 40 minutes ?

as soon as the conversion was over it dropped to 50 and remains 50 in ideal condition in my room .

is something wrong ?

well, touching 80 is the upper limit, i'd say, if 30 is your room temperature.

idling at 50, i wouldnt be too worried. 50 for an i5 with a dedicated gpu sounds normal.

maybe it was just that, video conversion.

its not good to use the GPU at these tmeps:as there may be some degradation in its quality over time, as its a BGA GPU unit.ie, above 85 deg there is chance of internal loose connections, which is the common problem on nvidia GPU based laps.

the less the temp: it operates the more the lap lasts!!!

amd999 said:
its not good to use the GPU at these tmeps:as there may be some degradation in its quality over time, as its a BGA GPU unit.ie, above 85 deg there is chance of internal loose connections, which is the common problem on nvidia GPU based laps.

the less the temp: it operates the more the lap lasts!!!

bro the gpu temp is idle while video conversion , its only the cpu temperature that is rising to 80 .

i dont know whether Mediacoder video converter supports conversion over gpu as i was converting h.264 video in mkv format , so it was using cpu only .

Back