ACT Fibernet Hyderabad Doubles Speeds; 40mbps at 1050

Its an unlisted plan. Shows up as Incredible 2499 in account details. 100 Mbps with 300 GB FUP and 8 Mbps Post FUP speed. As the name indicates costs me 2499/- + taxes.

^ Are you sure its 8mbps? Cuz Beam never offered 8mbps post FUP in residential plans?

If that's the case.. 2900inc tax for 300Gb and 8Mbps is really terrific TBH.

Proof that Hyderabad isn't getting proper upgrades.

Idea broadband:

EurhrAF.png

You Broadband: (598+taxes)

0CBB5f5.png

Hathway:

0wByB8H.jpg

ACT Hyderabad:

IbTlegZ.jpg

ACT bastards are just minting money and stopped giving proper upgrades Beam was better in providing timely and adequate FUP.
FUP is not at all sufficient considering most of the media available today is HD. In addition Bigger OS updates.
50Gb plan hardly lasts for 10 days and 100Gb plan lasts for 20 odd days considering the fact that i'm using my connection responsibly.

I think they should start offering

100Gb for 650, 200Gb for 1050 and 250Gb for 1299.

Its time to change ISP's. & yeah F**k Post FUP speeds.

Last edited:
@swatkats Buddy, take a look at the Bangalore page. The IT hub of India has worse plans than places like Coimbatore let alone Hyderabaad. And to think ACT started their business from Bangalore. :mad:
I agree but if you compare the % of increment per upgrade, Beam was darn better. Although speeds are much to brag about.. These days its more about GB's than speed. Also look at the competitiors plans, they could have priced the same plans some 20% more and one would be happy to pay because these guys provide reasonable uptime.

Call ACT. Tell them you're going on vacation. They'll disable the net for one month. Install another ISP. If the new isp is satisfactory, then disconnect ACT.
Jio has completed 70% FTTH infrastructure. Just Need PON for my area :p

Last edited:
One thing to note is that many ISP's meter data in both directions(uploads and downloads) for the FUP limit. Both Hathway and Idea does it (Explicitly documented on their own websites) as do many other ISPs. Not sure about You Broadband, but they probably do it as well.

In their cases, even if the FUP limit may sound high on paper, it is technically not. Don't underestimate the volume of upload traffic you would have. It would be significant. Everything from the requests made in browser to seeding torrents counts towards this. This is why customers find their FUP limit gets exhausted on those ISPs so quickly even though you are not downloading any large files.

ACT on the other hand counts just the downloaded data (documented on their website and I can vouch for it as well)

The grass always looks greener on the other side. So just make sure its not fake before jumping over.

^ Unless you're actively using your home connection to maintain good seed: leech ratio, normal surfing with gaming doesn't use that much uploads tbh.

1.PNG

My uploads are like 10-15% of my downloads. Even though this is not my real usage since rest 60% of it is used by Smartphones ,TV and laptop. TV and Smartphones upload is very minimal.

There is a reason why one wants a better plan because bandwidth prices have dropped like anything. Look at spectranet plans man, They have a poor organisation or else its touchwood in some cities.

Back