Camera Action Camera Discussion.

GPro MAX Waterproof 360 + Traditional Camera + PNY Elite-X 128GB U3 -microSDHC Card (Bundle) https://amzn.in/d/0iBcgRUg
Rs 24k with card discount plus sd card free.

What a superb deal for a very good 360 camera.

The seller is new so please do mind that and be cautious of that.
As for the camera...
Having a 360 camera opens up creativity to next level and GoPro max is still great even after so many years and new models from Insta360 x4 out .. But that is Rs 50k above. Twice the price.

With hardly much gain other than 8k 360 video.

Btw shooting at 8k requires lot of storage. So it's only practical for few videos.

Last edited:
People can still create magic with GoPro 7. Which is almost 5 years old.
THIS.

For anyone just starting out and considering an action cam purchase on a budget, do keep an eye out for deals for older models. They are still very, very capable devices. Bought a Hero 8 Black on a steal deal and it serves all my needs (bike rides, timelapses, family video captures, etc.) very well!

THIS.

For anyone just starting out and considering an action cam purchase on a budget, do keep an eye out for deals for older models. They are still very, very capable devices. Bought a Hero 8 Black on a steal deal and it serves all my needs (bike rides, timelapses, family video captures, etc.) very well!
How much did it cost? From where did you buy it?

OLX! xD

Found a local deal and so could go and check the cam for myself. I snagged it for 15 after some haggling.
That's what i thought. Go pro's are overpriced in used market. A new go pro 10 was available for 20k in recent sale.
Also dji action 2 is available between 13-18k, which is equivalent or better than go pro 10.

I was also looking at olx some days back but couldn't justify their pricing.
There were also several people who were selling used go pro 10 for more than the price of new.

Right now i am just waiting for them release new ones.

That's what i thought. Go pro's are overpriced in used market. A new go pro 10 was available for 20k in recent sale.
Also dji action 2 is available between 13-18k, which is equivalent or better than go pro 10.

I was also looking at olx some days back but couldn't justify their pricing.
There were also several people who were selling used go pro 10 for more than the price of new.

Right now i am just waiting for them release new ones.

Firstly DJI oa2 is not comparable to GoPro 10 in terms of functionality. Video quality is pretty good and close to GoPro 10 quality.
DJI oa 2 is an action camera that is more suited for POV shoots and B roll shoots but not a good standalone action camera . It is pretty bad idea on that case.
Reason it's battery life is only 30 mins unless you attach he power unit which also takes its waterproofing away.

It serves different purpose. Still a good camera.

GoPro 10 on other hand is full standalone action camera.

Reason why used GoPro still get sold at high price and the reason I adviced people on my very first post is to go for GoPro if you are reselling person.
Is its durability.
I have seen GoPro 5 also still running smoothly.
My GoPro 7 got sold immediately when I went to deal with another adventure company who runs paragliding here in Himachal.

I also offered DJI to them but they said no they will prefer GoPro . They shared story of their GoPro surviving big falls too.

So their is something about GoPro that makes me feel very confident too as I have had major falls too.

But DJI action camera like 3 and 4 are suppose to be quite durable too atleast physically . I don't know how long their functioning durability is .

Now I cannot comment on olx prices.
But one can definitely keep looking for offer both online and offline and buy it .

Infact check your cities local camera shops too.

Here in Kolkata chandimarket there is a market for cameras where one can get brand new Dubai ka import of GoPro 11 and all for 22k-26k with some accessories too .

So I am sure in every city there is some area where many camera shops are around.

Last edited:
Yes, OA2 and gopro 10 differs in functionality. I looked at a lot of youtube reviews where everyone suggested OA2 has better quality.

The resale value prospect of gopro is very enticing.
One thing that is also keeping me away from gopro's is the heating issues and reliability while operating. A lot of people on youtube has suggested that they are not reliable however OA3/4 are very reliable.
Some also tend to suggest that OA4 has focus issues because its focus distance is longer and hence you will have a blurry face when shooting.

Let me know your thoughts.

Making a decision here has become a headache.
My objective is to shoot riding videos and cinematic videos and maybe use it as webcam if supported. I also prefer to lower the digital sharpness to rock bottom.
Currently my eye is on OA4 adventure combo. Will get it when it's priced near 30k

Yes, OA2 and gopro 10 differs in functionality. I looked at a lot of youtube reviews where everyone suggested OA2 has better quality.

The resale value prospect of gopro is very enticing.
One thing that is also keeping me away from gopro's is the heating issues and reliability while operating. A lot of people on youtube has suggested that they are not reliable however OA3/4 are very reliable.
Some also tend to suggest that OA4 has focus issues because its focus distance is longer and hence you will have a blurry face when shooting.

Let me know your thoughts.

Making a decision here has become a headache.
My objective is to shoot riding videos and cinematic videos and maybe use it as webcam if supported. I also prefer to lower the digital sharpness to rock bottom.
Currently my eye is on OA4 adventure combo. Will get it when it's priced near 30k
I still find GoPro videos better but it is more personal choice as even DJI has beautiful natural look. So like explained most of the current action cameras have great footage irrespective of what you buy.

The heating issue is there on GoPro's atleast till 11 and they are right when they say DJI oa4 and 3 are more reliable.

But focus issues are also there in some of the DJI camera.

I have realised DJI products are best avoided to buy early on their release.
One must wait a decent time and not get carried away with early reviews.

I suggested you to go for GoPro max because at that price ...having 360 video on your bike riding is going to give you amazing creativity but you will loose on resolution to some extent.

Unless you go for insta360 x4 which gives 8k.

Anyways new DJI is coming out this month so wait and you will see price drops further for earlier models.

I would suggest wait till entire September.

GoPro will launch its new model too.

Back