Adobe or SAP Labs?? I have my interview on the same day

Re: ADOBE to visit for Campus Placement. Any suggestions!

I dont know why people are going ooh aah over Adobe.

Some of my friends who are total retards worked there, they were mentally,physically and sexually retarded.

Seeing them, I have my doubts if I want to work for them, ever.

Darthcoder said:

Some of my friends who are total retards worked there, they were mentally,physically and sexually retarded.

Shite, DC you are hilarious sometimes! :rofl:

And yeah more details please. :p

Darthcoder said:
DC we need details i :rofl: a lot

OP You will change your words of choosing money over job satisfaction after 6 months into the job.

eggman said:
Lol..........I am interested in Adobe because its a Product Based Company with high reputation.The offers I have in hand are of Service Based Company. Plus , SInce I will be doing MBA after 2 years, I care for money and brand name more than Job Satisfaction. Having said all that, I doubt if I will make it .........their interviews are phadu!!!!
Google out why testing jobs pay more initially!!! Such manual work is really degrading to ones profile. Oh bty your job profile matters more when going in for a MBA !!! Here in adobe you would be still a software tester after two years

One of my "Adobeeeeeeeee" friends was all alone with a Russian Blonde in a hotel room and all he did was talk religion with her :S.

His ambition was "to see a white girl naked" , was he a retard or was he a retard.

I dont know if I can post more details about my other friends here, they would get censored, lulz.

Adobe's package is usually pretty good, but they will make you work your ass off. If you have any plans to prepare for an MBA entrance test in parallel while working, then forget it, you will not be able to do that at adobe.

As for the selection process, its tough and pretty lame at the same time. 5 years back, I went though their recruitment process (off-campus) for a developer position. The preliminary test was like giving the GATE all over again. The pattern and type of questions was also similar to a large extent. Apart from programming/algorithms related stuff, there was a huge emphasis on Automata theory/compiler design, Digital logic/computer architecture (questions about RAM interfacing and the like), Microprocessors, operating systems and a lot of other areas. Many MCA guys who gave up on the test midway as there was too much stuff that they are not even acquainted with. Its like they want to test every damn thing that you may have ever learn at college. A lot of people got filtered at this stage. I cleared the test easily enough. Out of 100 odd people who gave the test, only about 10 got called for interviews. But by the time they called me for the interviews, I fell sick (This was in winter and I had to travel to Delhi via bus at night) and was in mood to go though 5 rounds of interviews in that condition. The first round didn't go too well, but the 2 and 3 rounds went fairly well. I had a HR round after wards, but I didn't get an offer.

To the OP , trust me ... Job Satisfaction is more important than package. I have realized this during the interning stage already :p

eggman said:
Lol..........I am interested in Adobe because its a Product Based Company with high reputation.

And that would be a good thing, if you got into the core Development team.

iGo said:
Wear "I hate Apple. I love Flash" T-shirt.

Sorry for the OT... :p
Mac OS X-only software made by Apple Inc. & some few others which lie in its category

job satisfaction is much more important in the end :), cuz if you like the work then its not work,its Play...:eek:hyeah:

Anyway.I gave the test today! It was quite simple.........!!! They will call the shortlisted one within a week.Fingers crossed!

Which college is this where Adobe comes for oncampus placements ? Also which stream are you pursuing.

I a interested as I myself am going to start Engineering and have currently taken up IT.

Anyway, I got another Interview call from SAP Labs on Saturday!

Again.....any help would be appriciated!

Adobe visited our campus on and turns out i cleared the written test and now i have the chance to sit in the interviews.

Meanwhile I also went to SAP labs and cleared the written,technical and first HR round.

Now tomm both company s are taking interview.

Now here the situation:

ADOBE:

I have to clear 3 technical and 1 HR round.

The technical interviews r super tough. It will be a gamble to attempt them.

Package is 5.4lpa.

Job Profile: Software Tester

I have heard bad stuff about working long term in Adobe(some by the forum member)

SAP LAbs

I have already cleared Technical and HR Interview. At max I have one more HR interview, or not.

They have already requested my details and I'm almost In(because those who clear the first two rounds are almost in) , except if something goes horrible wrong in the las HR round.

Package is 4.3 lpa(not sure, but most probably)

Job Profile: Software Developer

As a company, I heard SAP is better to work for.

Kindly help me decide......

Except for the package difference, Everything is pointing to SAP labs!

And do tell me , if u can, which company is better to work for!!

If you want to be on the development side, then SAP Labs FTW..
Adobe aint bad too. But there your position would be tester as you mentioned.

Btw, congrats and all the best buddy.

Well you need to decide whether you want to be a developer in the long run.

Intially u'll be tester in both companies...even sap wont let u develop right from the first day...

So think...I believe SAP has more scope in future...

Which technology u'll be working for ADOBE.

Decide what you like more? Database Management or Image Processing and decide accordingly :p. Its that simple!

5.4lacs in noida is less in real world terms than 4.5lacs in bangalore.

Back