Adobe or SAP Labs?? I have my interview on the same day

^^ Adobe's CTC (for freshers) has gradually decreased over time. I think its the same case with MS and Google. MS used to pay 8L and Google 12L. They don't pay that much these days.
Chaos said:
Decide what you like more? Database Management or Image Processing and decide accordingly . Its that simple!

Adobe India != Image processing. :p Adobe Noida office has a lot of work related to the mobile platforms like the Mobile PDF readers. The Bangalore office takes care of products acquired though Macromedia. In any case, the role in question is that of a Software Tester. They do take a lot of White box and Automation testers in which case you get to write code, but on the other hand it could be a black box tester role as well.

Chaos said:
5.4lacs in noida is less in real world terms than 4.5lacs in bangalore.

I thought its the other way around. A friend says who worked in both places once told me that 8L in Bangalore is equal to 6L in Noida.

@eggman, If you are confident about SAP Labs, go for it. Adobe is definitely a risky proposition. The interviews would not be tough, you have to clear them in a convincing manner. i.e to say if you leave even a shred of doubt in any of the interviewers, there is a good chance that you will not make it through.

Chaos said:
Decide what you like more? Database Management or Image Processing and decide accordingly :p. Its that simple!

Honestly, too vague generalisations to make. Those are their core areas alright, but not all work is centered around that. It's like say Oracle is the database company or HP is the hardware company.

5.4lacs in noida is less in real world terms than 4.5lacs in bangalore.
I hope this is a typo. It really is the other way round. So 5.4 L in Noida >>>>> 4.5L in Bangalore. Ok, so not so much >>> but atleast >>

^LOL dude that's a really low package for someone working in a IT sector. People working in the core sector get paid almost as much esp. freshers after the training. :p

I've chosen SAP over Adobe.....So I have a Telephonic HR interview over the phone at 5.30!

Really nervous about it.........I've never given interview over the phone!! Just pray for me!!!

^LOL dude that's a really low package for someone working in a IT sector. People working in the core sector get paid almost as much esp. freshers after the training.

5.4L pa for a fresher is low in IT :O How much did u get offered in L&T as a fresher ?

Even likes of Cisco, CSC offers a max of arnd 5.2~6L max for B.E/B.Tech freshers sans few of the IITs of course

I've chosen SAP over Adobe.....So I have a Telephonic HR interview over the phone at 5.30!

Good Choice I must say. SAP has very good potential ...once you are in...just get through the technical & trainings throughly. Usually ppl get 100% hike after a stay of 1-2 yrs in SAP :D

As of HR interviews nothing to worry about....be mushy and polite ....HR interviews are like HAPPY Go LUCKY interviews :rofl:

Best wishes for the telephonic interview! :D

Supra said:
5.4L pa for a fresher is low in IT :O How much did u get offered in L&T as a fresher ?
I thought IT firms paid more than Core ones did?

Mine was 3.5L PA for the first year and now 4.7L PA. :p

L&T is considered to be a low paymaster in the core sector. Companies in the Auto sector get paid around 4.5LPA for the training period and about 6LPA and above after the training. For instance Caterpillar, Maruti Udyog, Honda Siel etc. :)

Hey,

I work for SAP Labs,

It is really an awesome comapny to work for, esp if you have a dev profile(Though in India mostly only custom dev happens)

And if you plan to do your MBA in operations then SAP experience has value. Try and get into some good functional domains (SCM,CRM etc) though.

Dont worry too much about money at this stage man. SAP is a great place.

Best of Luck

eggman said:

Really nervous about it.........I've never given interview over the phone!! Just pray for me!!!

What happened man? Fill us up.

Usually HR interviews are probably only namesake.. Ain't they?

As a Fresher SAP Labs would be a better place as you would get to learn a lot and ERP technology is a having a big boom now :D

You can even move to other companies later after some Exp in Labs if you want End to end Implementations and Upgrade projects later.....

Good luck with interview

ronnie_gogs said:
As a Fresher SAP Labs would be a better place as you would get to learn a lot and ERP technology is a having a big boom now :D

You can even move to other companies later after some Exp in Labs if you want End to end Implementations and Upgrade projects later.....

Good luck with interview

Well mate this advice is coming from an SAP experienced guy......is'nt it ronnie?..

^Nope. I'm planning to stick with them and gain some experience in the shipping field. It's pretty blooming ATM. And about 6 years hence, do a jump and get into a classification society. Those guys get paid in excess of 2LPM depending on experience and place of posting. :O

Desecrator said:
Best wishes for the telephonic interview! :D
I thought IT firms paid more than Core ones did?

Mine was 3.5L PA for the first year and now 4.7L PA. :p

L&T is considered to be a low paymaster in the core sector. Companies in the Auto sector get paid around 4.5LPA for the training period and about 6LPA and above after the training. For instance Caterpillar, Maruti Udyog, Honda Siel etc. :)
Yes They do, but there are certain criterias to met like

A grade university with Masters degree - A grade university with bachelor degree - medium grade university with masters - than CGPA/% and so on

So what is famous in market is the highest figure but it is not even. That means two freshers from different university may have different package altogether.

var89 said:
Well mate this advice is coming from an SAP experienced guy......is'nt it ronnie?..
Yup and although I have more support exp the implementation exp count more even in as most companies have a basic criteria of a certain no. of implementations for qualifications....

Just finished with the interview.....

It went for 17 mins...

He asked to gimme my intro...my strength.....what do u know about sap....

then he asked that in service based company u get to work for many diff platforms then why u wanna work for product based company where u will work on same platform for long time...

i said that even thou i might work on less platforms but i will have much better hold on those platforms which is better than having half knowledge on more platforms ...

than he asked me what do u know about sap erp.... on my Tech interview i asked the same question to that interviewer so i just told today what my tech interview had told me that day.........

then he asked if if I have any future planors f MBA or MS or anything.....i said nothing because when i started B.E i always had a dream to do the work based on these course and if I do MBA, my BE degree will be void....moreover I do not think it will be any good to do MBA before getting 5-6 years of experience... ...

after that he told me that they were looking through other candidates too...if i am selected i will be notified by sat or mon (dunno what to make of it)...

then he asked my how much salary Infy will give.....i said 3.25...he asked if i have any expectations for SAP...i told him that I am looking forward to start my career with a big company like SAP so I really don't care much about the money...then tata bye bye

Back