Advice - Choosing a 300ltr Fridge - Top & Bottom Door Fridge

This reminds me of another similar dilemma

Is it better to buy a cheap champagne or a good red wine?

Service can be had but what about parts? if that availability isn't assured beyond a point then you will be forced to replace it.

Can you find out from Haier how long they make spare parts available for that fridge? What is their policy
Sure let me call up Haier and check.

The installation guy says there wont be issues with spares. There is no guarantee that I could get but I think its fine. Haier is here for the long run.

A small review after using the fridge for 30 days:

This model is there only on Flipkart. You cant find this model in any offline store or even their company website. Every shop seems to have a different capacity like the one i got is 326L. Shops had 276L, 340L or 376L. They even had bigger ones. Flipkart one is BEE rated 2023 so definitely a new product and manufactured in Feb 2023. The ones I saw in store are mostly 2022 BEE rated and the ones in 340L capacity come only with glass finish and pricing was around 45-50K Nothing close to the 33k I paid.

Overall I find the fridge very good for usage of 2 members. Since we both are working we do store quite a bit of veggies. They are fresh for a good amount of time. Sometimes tomatoes have been stored for 12-15 days as well. Only drawback with the veggie tray is that if you want to open it fully then you have to push the top door fully open as the bottle compartments in the door is blocking the veggie tray. There is no light in the freezer compartment and its mostly like that. I have not used the convertible feature yet. I have the cooling settings at default smart option which is Fridge at 5 degrees and freezer at -18 degrees. I believe this is sufficient for Chennai.

I don't hear any noise whatsoever. My parents home has 2 Samsung fridges (one inverter and other non-inverter). This one is quietest of the lot. This one has 2 separate fans for fridge and freezer. I think freezer can also be turned off if going on vacation or away for long periods.

One more thing I noticed was that there was very less heat on the outer side walls of the fridge. This is surprising to me. Maybe better cooling system Not really sure.

Back