Advice needed !Samsung Galaxy S or LG optimus 2X ?

tosh79

Adept
Hi,

Folks a quick adivce needed, as my friend is buying a mobile with 25 k Budget,

I adviced him either Samsung Galaxy s & LG optimus 2X ! now please help me pin down the best one of them or suggest if any thing better is available with in 25 K budget..

Thanks

If your friend can stretch his budget to 28-29k, ask him to wait a couple of weeks and get the SGS2! Between the two, I would go for Optimus 2X since it is one-generation ahead of the other (Dual-Core processor, 8 MP camera etc.) and hence, more future-proof!

Pat said:
If your friend can stretch his budget to 28-29k, ask him to wait a couple of weeks and get the SGS2! Between the two, I would go for Optimus 2X since it is one-generation ahead of the other (Dual-Core processor, 8 MP camera etc.) and hence, more future-proof!

Most probably not happing,if you want better display and good customer service (personal option) you can get the galaxy s and if you want more performance Optimus 2x,or you can get the HTC incredible S,a little out of budget though.

Optimus 2X, it's a no-brainer actually, for 1k difference, you get a world of additional features like:

1. 1080p video recording v/s 720p

2. 8MP v/s 5MP cam

3. Dual Core Processor v/s Single Core

4. Choice of custom roms like the very best CM7 itself

I agree with comp@addict except point 4 which is valid for both phones. But I would get the LG2X just because of the dual core CPU even if the other points didn't exist.

^ - only 1k difference?
SGS - 22,990. O2X - 25,990.
8MP vs 5MP ? - Not much of a difference.
Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

1080p vs 720p [Note: Both are downsized by gsmarena to fit Youtube]
SGS takes around 30MB for a 21 second video. This video is of 7.64 MB in size.
O2X takes around ..... This video is of 17 MB in size
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvhqadu4iY&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq-VRHhOHbY&feature=player_embedded

@OP - When ll your friend be buying his NEXT mobile?
BTW,
If you want a brilliant display and a Bluetooth 3.0 device (i can see huge difference - but gsmarena theoretically & logically proves that both have same speeds), go for Galaxy S.
If you are really into games, go for Optimus 2X. It has Gyrosensor. Tegra 2 Not Anymore EXCLUSIVE titles ([Android 2.1+][01.06.2011][v1.8] Chainfire3D [ROOT][OpenGL ES 2.0+] - xda-developers), but still those are games are coded to work better on tegra 2.

Apart from that, there aren't too much of noticeable difference. If it was a 1000rs difference like comp@ddict said, then O2X hands down!
Just So you know videos
YouTube - ‪LG Optimus 2x Web speed Demo (against Samsung Galaxy S)‬‏
YouTube - ‪Optimus 2x Game Expirience Demo (against Samsung Galaxy S)‬‏

Note: There are other videos in YT, showing the O2X beating SGS (like in benchmarks). But what I wanted to show you was, DON'T get over excited thinking that you've got a DUAL CORE TEGRA s***! In real life, you won't see CONSIDERABLE difference. Not as of now.

^^Who said you won't see considerable difference on a dual-core processor? Have you used one? Just got my 2X few hours back and it is incredibly fast! There is a considerable difference between the previous generation phones (I have owned Vibrant and G2 both) and 2X! I am just stunned by how fast this phone feels :O

@pat & comp@ddict - i'm very sorry for what I've posted. Even I went GAGA over O2X, after seeing it specs. It was like WOW! Cause, it had Gorilla, Gyro, Tegra, 1080p and what not??? And when priced at 25K, there shouldn't be any second thought right?
I think, my expectation was too much, I thought it would be like "from 600->1Ghz", after seeing the speed of HD2 it blew my mind.
Guess I was wrong, What it did is the justification for its 3K price difference between SGS.

it is not a very sane decision to purchase an age old android phone. for a simple fact that it wont be updated to a newer version later.

sgs was sweet, we all agree, but do not simple disregard a newer and capable device which is not exploited to its potential to a device which has almost reached its potential in terms of development.

I can't really see samsung managing sgs to 2.4 but lg surely will on a device just launched.

Currently there is not a thing in android world that the 2x does better then SGS. Infact in certain areas SGS is better.

But still to be future proof It is better to go for 2x.

But still I think dual core processors are overkill for a 4 inch device. maybe If it had xperia play like controls; sigh;;

@tosh79 - go for O2X as these guys suggested. Even I felt that. But just don't have high expectations. Like madnav said, it's a new device and we might not have seen it's full potential.
@others - guess, i should think twice before posting. I shouldn't be posting whatever i felt. :)

If CM7 hadn't been ported to 2x i would recommend SGS, but now there is no reason to buy the SGS. Also once SGS-II sales start picking up, Samsung will discontinue i9000 and concentrate on i9003 for which they don't need AMOLED displays.

Have been using LG O2x for almost a week now and imho its better than SGS.. Use launcher pro, get some better keyboard and you are good to go.. LG has said that GB update will be released in couple of weeks, so hopefully by July will get the update which should iron out the s/w issues.. Otherwise CM7 nightlies is the way ahead..

Optimus 2x is much better at that price dude... No other phone can even come close to it at that price range..

Its the Best VFM Dual core Mobile now... Just go for it.

Ok ! thanks all for your valuable input, now i am very much inclined towards LG O2X, But one issue is rankling me I,e i read in some forums that this phone has issues related to random reboots and turnoff, infact a lot of users have reported this issue, also i heard that audio out put (through Earphones) is poor.. since listening to music is one of the main usage here.. pls clarify this issues..

Thanks.

Yes, a lot of people have reported issues with screen bleeding, random reboots/power offs! I have owned this phone for nearly 2 days now and am still testing it out..I am on a custom ROM (installed it within 2 hours of getting the phone) and so far I haven't seen any random reboots! Will be testing it more over the weekend!

Back