Advice on Split AC brand to buy

SureshVipp

Recruit
Can you please suggest me which brand of AC is good in Hyderabad India. My current Split AC is LG bought in 2010 year. Started getting problems with it after 5 years from the date of purchase and every year I am spending more than 5000 for one or other reasons. So this time I want to go for a non-LG brand. Please suggest. Budget 30-40 K.

VFM with long warranty period - Voltas & Panasonic (voltas being much cheaper)
Performance - Daikin, mitsubishi, o General.
Assuming ur looking for a 1 ton and a inverter ac, i would choose between Daikin, LG inverters or Voltas.
O general and mitsu is out of your budget considering installation etc costs too

LG makes AC from lower end to those comparable with best in market, depends how much you spend.

Panasonic, Daikin, Lg(higher models), Voltas (higher models) all are good in mid-high range.

LG makes AC from lower end to those comparable with best in market, depends how much you spend.

Panasonic, Daikin, Lg(higher models), Voltas (higher models) all are good in mid-high range.
Sir, What should be volume of the Room so that <= 1ton ac can be used. Going for 2kwatt Solar First then Ac Next.
Also I want to Know, for a Ac Room exhaust should be used for Fresh Air ??

Can you please suggest me which brand of AC is good in Hyderabad India. My current Split AC is LG bought in 2010 year. Started getting problems with it after 5 years from the date of purchase and every year I am spending more than 5000 for one or other reasons. So this time I want to go for a non-LG brand. Please suggest. Budget 30-40 K.
Im from hyd too. I used LG 1 ton ac since 2015 and changed to voltas 1.5ton inverter ac last year. both of them working fine.

Sir, What should be volume of the Room so that <= 1ton ac can be used. Going for 2kwatt Solar First then Ac Next.
Also I want to Know, for a Ac Room exhaust should be used for Fresh Air ??

1 ton AC is good for about 100-120 sqft room, depending factors like whether windows open to west or roof is exposed to sun etc.

Hitachi! Got 2 in my home since 10yrs now.
I needed small help since you also have Hitachi AC for the same period as mine.
I want to do servicing ( gas leakage on a regular basis every year, inadequate cooling). We had to refer to local repairmen since Hitachi didn't have a good after sales service.
Is it possible that they may repair my AC given that it was not repaired by Hitachi? I am really tired of this has gas leakage issue plaguing me every year.

Get Carrier split AC, i have Hitachi n Carrier in home and we had better experience with carrier in terms of cooling and service.

I want to do servicing ( gas leakage on a regular basis every year, inadequate cooling). We had to refer to local repairmen since Hitachi didn't have a good after sales service.
Is it possible that they may repair my AC given that it was not repaired by Hitachi? I am really tired of this has gas leakage issue plaguing me every year.
Whats your city? I'm from Mumbai and we have amc contract with Hitachi so everything is taken care by them. As for gas we only feel the need to refill once in 5 years or so. So we only pay for the gas refilled and rest no extra charges.

Whats your city? I'm from Mumbai and we have amc contract with Hitachi so everything is taken care by them. As for gas we only feel the need to refill once in 5 years or so. So we only pay for the gas refilled and rest no extra charges.
Borivali.
How much do they charge you for AMC. Will they still attend my AC now that all warranty have expired, besides serviced 1-2 times from outside.
Once in 5 years for gas refill sounds decent rather than every year.
Besides, are those technicians from Hitachi or outsourced to 3rd party. Also, when did you purchase the AC?

Borivali.
How much do they charge you for AMC. Will they still attend my AC now that all warranty have expired, besides serviced 1-2 times from outside.
Once in 5 years for gas refill sounds decent rather than every year.
Besides, are those technicians from Hitachi or outsourced to 3rd party. Also, when did you purchase the AC?
I have one window Ac and other split Ac. Window Ac purchased 15yr ago yet going fully strong and split Ac bought in 2k12 which had some water leakage problem lats year due to which the piping which is concealed caused wall to get wet but that too was well sorted after changing the pipe.
I reside in Pune but parents in Mumbai so once a year its a coincidence that when I visit my home the technician also has his routine maintenance scheduled during that very period. I don't know if they are 3rd party or directly from Hitachi but what counts for us is the job done well eod.

Every year gas refills is way too frequent unless you using Ac 24*7 at under 18c and on cool mode rather auto sense. If its not then definitely something is wrong which needs to looked upon thoroughly...

Last edited:
I have one window Ac and other split Ac. Window Ac purchased 15yr ago yet going fully strong and split Ac bought in 2k12 which had some water leakage problem lats year due to which the piping which is concealed caused wall to get wet but that too was well sorted after changing the pipe.
I reside in Pune but parents in Mumbai so once a year its a coincidence that when I visit my home the technician also has his routine maintenance scheduled during that very period. I don't know if they are 3rd party or directly from Hitachi but what counts for us is the job done well eod.

Every year gas refills is way too frequent unless you sing Ac 24*7 at under 18c and on cool mode rather auto sense. IF its not then definitely something is wrong which needs to looked upon thoroughly...
Thanks for your reply...
How much did AMC cost you? I was going through website but nowhere the cost has been mentioned.

Also, going through the website(www.hitachiaircon.in) shows different types of MC(Maintainance Contact) such as Comprehensive, semi-comprehensive and Preventive. Any idea?

Also, do you have any number as to where I can get in touch with them. Any heads up on the process?

Is it safe to generate AMC visit from the website?
Thanks again for your time..

Thanks for your reply...
How much did AMC cost you? I was going through website but nowhere the cost has been mentioned.

Also, going through the website(www.hitachiaircon.in) shows different types of MC(Maintainance Contact) such as Comprehensive, semi-comprehensive and Preventive. Any idea?

Also, do you have any number as to where I can get in touch with them. Any heads up on the process?

Is it safe to generate AMC visit from the website?
Thanks again for your time..
Right now my entire family is stuck at native place due to corona so even they might have got no idea about such details as they need to go through the bills & contracts. Once they are back will surely let you know.

I have 3 inverter ACs one each from Daikin, Panasonic and Mitsubishi. All are good in their own way. The latest one I got is from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 2.3 Tonnes. I use it in a 14 x 40 ft open hall, dining & Kitchen setup for about 2 to 3 hours a day usage during lunch, dinner etc. The power consumption for the month of May was less than 75 units. The one I got is from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and not Mitsubishi Electric. Those from Heavy Industries are much superior but then they do cost bomb. The 2.3 ton model I bought costed around 75K.

If you need contact information for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries AC I can give you the Hyderabad contact. Now the warranty is also increased to 5 years on electricals etc and 10 years on compressor. It used to be 1 year / 5 years.

Attachments

• Mitusbishi_Power_Consumption.jpg
    Mitusbishi_Power_Consumption.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
same with my friends' hitachi. they bought hitachi 2 years back and last year and this year they had to refill the gas. hitachi customer care no is non responsive and local technician we call couldnt find the leakage so he just refilled the gas and left. the cooling will work for this year but again have to be refilled next year. they're ditching the ac and moving on to other company next year.

same with my friends' hitachi. they bought hitachi 2 years back and last year and this year they had to refill the gas. hitachi customer care no is non responsive and local technician we call couldnt find the leakage so he just refilled the gas and left. the cooling will work for this year but again have to be refilled next year. they're ditching the ac and moving on to other company next year.
Finding gas leakage is split ac very hard working job and most poeple wouldn't able to do this kind of work in summer when they have most work.

In winter ask technician, for leakage finding they have to dismantle both indoor and outdoor and fill up nitrogen and keep checking pressure drop and find that spot and weld it if possible.

Back