OC & Modding Air Cooler for i7 ?

dOm1naTOr said:
but i think cogage arrow @ 3.5k is anyday vfm than D14. cogage comes with one fan, and with one more high cfm fan like the slip stream/silverstone 110 cfm @ 500/- bucks, it can beat D14 with ease at a mere 4k effective price.

please provide me a link where the cogage arrow is available locally for Rs.3,500/- all inclusive. is it readily available in stock?

hmmm i know bumping against old threat, but... i thought noctua will not flake, but it did in just 5 months of use, there should be a special heat sink made to handle mumbai's saltly air. :(

^Thanks for the update anyway. Would you mind posting a snap of your Noctua heatsink?

I was planning to swap to a Noctua but I guess I'll stick to the TRU120E Black.

Well,i think there is a heatsink for you.

unfortunately i think it's not available in india.

it's thermalright true copper,but do keep in mind that it's very heavy & you'll have to use some sort of holding mechanism like using a cable tie.

so that you can hold it against the case as well.

Unfortunately pure copper is equally nightmarish in mumbai weather. It oxidises rather quickly.

@panther

I am surprised to hear that Noctua developed flakes. I have used one for more than a year without any issue. Pic please..
NAV33N said:
Well,i think there is a heatsink for you.

unfortunately i think it's not available in india.

it's thermalright true copper,but do keep in mind that it's very heavy & you'll have to use some sort of holding mechanism like using a cable tie.

so that you can hold it against the case as well.
Sent from Samsung Galaxy S using Tapatalk Pro.

^ why don't you get in touch with Rahul?

he's the only one who can help you with the heatsink.

also,do have a look at their Warranty Terms & Conditions & see if your comes under it,that way you can get it replaced.. :)

is venomous x worth upgrading over TRUE ? i am getting 84C around temps with 4.2ghz i7 930 at 1.28v . noctua wont fit with my ram ( Gskill Trident ) .

RoBoGhOsT said:
is venomous x worth upgrading over TRUE ? i am getting 84C around temps with 4.2ghz i7 930 at 1.28v . noctua wont fit with my ram ( Gskill Trident ) .

Even D14 will fit with trident. Just that fan will have to sit little higher.

Venomous x is tricky upgrade. It can give you god results depending on installation and airflow and your chip. Or it will be just very marginally better. On my xeon even gamer storm is able to match and outperform Venomous X at times and come within 1-2 degrees of mighty D14.

RoBoGhOsT said:
Depends upon how much improvement will make it worth, :p. In my Review, difference was around 7C @ 4.4Ghz 1.4V 100% Load. Venom-X starts to shine under heavy load.

http://www.e-rodov.com/forums/therm...s-cooler-master-v10-core-i7-review/29463.html

http://www.e-rodov.com/forums/xigmatek-thors-hammer-cpu-cooler-review/30491.html

P.S. to Mods : Please feel free to delete the link, :p...since it sorta bears on the thread hence posting the link

NAV33N said:
^ why don't you get in touch with Rahul?
he's the only one who can help you with the heatsink.
also,do have a look at their Warranty Terms & Conditions & see if your comes under it,that way you can get it replaced.. :)
don't think so, flaking can be a reason for warranty.

panther said:
don't think so, flaking can be a reason for warranty.

Please send me a Detailed Email with Pics and stating the exact problem with the cooler i will contact them regarding the same and get back to you.

That looks like dust and salt deposits. I haven't seen pics on the large screen yet.

Have you tried giving it a nice wash under water jet and hard plastic brush?

That is definitely not dust, although it may look like, it was clean with a brushed and part of it was rub with alcohol, nothing happened, the edges are have become brittle too so it is flaking, @shripad look it in on big screen you will get an idea

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Now have a look at my 1.5 year old Arctic freezer pro 7, just now dusted no flaking no salt deposit, if i wash it under water it will be good as new, so why this with a more expensive noctua heatsink?

DSC00590.jpg - ImageHost.org

DSC00589.jpg - ImageHost.org

Back