Air Cooler- Hyderabad

Hi,

I need suggessions for a cooler for Hyderabad summer. Its already getting hot in here
<
....Went to a mall and all symphony ones were ~7-8K ..

My budget is ~5-6K ...Not sure of the room size - Its like a typical master bed-room in a 3bhk.

Also coolers should work in Hyderabad summer right ? I read humidity increases and all ?

Hey there, I'm new to Hyderabad and I might be looking for one too. I was wondering what kind of cooler I should go for; whether a desert cooler or a simple air cooler. Let me know what you ended up doing.

ehh, get a cheap local plastic cooler for about 1.6k from local raodside shop. Same size cooler will cost around 7-10k from the branded ones. Don't go for small cooler. I have 4k kenstar small cooler, not sufficient for even a small room. Local is preffered for batchelors. you can get rid off it after the 2-3 years of uses for small amount. Humidity is not much, depending upon where the cooler is located. Buy a barnded one if buying for home pupose and want to keep it for many many years to come.

try at troop bazaar, near GPO abids.... you can get decent "National" brand cooler for 4k.. size abt 50L and cools quite well.

many of the other brands seem overpriced and harder to service and perform pretty poorly...

orient has come out with a new range.. not sure if thats worth checking out..

if you have good ventilation in your home, then cooler works excellently in Hyderabad.. if you are getting a coller with wheels.. then just place it near a window or door, and make it face another window or door so that air can flow through it..Never place it in a CLOSED room, it will not cool but only make the room humid... if you cannot have open doors/windows then avoid getting a cooler...

of course the ideal is if you can mount the cooler outside your window..for that you can try one of the desert coolers, they work very well too...

You need good ventilation. Cooler is a much cheaper option compared to an AC (for cooling, as most of the time our ACs just cool the air). Coolers are perfect for low humidity/land locked places like Hyd.

Thanks guys for the help ..Bought bajaj dc2012 for 6500 from croma,jubliee hills ...had a good air throw like any full sized room cooler... MRP was around 8.5K and couldn't find any better price in a few other shops...

Hope this helps others looking for one
<

Update: Cooler fan failed to start at delivery time. Same problem with other models of bajaj. Croma refunded payment.. Back to square one
sad.gif

Flipkart has some good discounts on symphony ones but doesn't ship to Hyd

Anyone of you able to find a cooler in Hyd ?

There are local made coolers which provide excellent cooling for 5-6k. They have to be kept outside of a window and should have a good ventillation. The Cooling is excellent, a large fan will be provided and its noisy. You can try those. These can cool and large room. It is much better than Symphony.

thanks for the update.. i was wondering how it worked out for you.. also thanks for confirming my poor opinion of "branded" coolers...

again, i repeat.. go check out the locally made coolers in troop bazaar.. There is a big variety of types, and models...they come with excellent service as well... also they are easy and cheap to repair and maintain.. a local repairman will come and repair in 24 hours.. you dont have to go thru the pain of a "helpline"..one can just directly call the repairmans cell number...

unfortunately, I dont think the big brands are all that great.. they all sell the same basic thing at higher prices... highly recommend that you visit troop bazar if you are serious about getting a good cooler..

this is NOT one of those products that should be bought online.. not a wise move in my opinion...

also my experience with symphony is terrible... extremely overpriced, poorly manufactured products..

good luck and do let me know how it works out..

Update: Cooler fan failed to start at delivery time. Same problem with other models of bajaj. Croma refunded payment.. Back to square one
sad.gif

Flipkart has some good discounts on symphony ones but doesn't ship to Hyd

Anyone of you able to find a cooler in Hyd ?

Hi, As suggested by other members it is better to go for a locally assembled one. The one I had lasted me for about 4 years. Ensure that you don't use the same in a closed room. Best option is to keep it outside a window for great cooling.

Coolers won't be of much use in Mumbai due to high humidity. You should be well of with secondhand AC. I was in ur same situation and bought a seconds AC for 5.5k (1 T window)

All the best.

Thanks, but there isnt any provision for even a split A/C in the place i'm moving into
<

There is a nice big window though, so thought I could place the cooler in front of it.

^^No, even the window is grilled. :-/

And I don't want to bug the flat-owner for modifications.

A split AC would work best for you Vinchu. Just a small hole is required for the 2 refrigerant lines, a drain line and the cable to indoor unit. I am sure the house owner shouldn't have problems with that. You can always patch it up with concrete before you vacate the home for the next tenant. I have done the same for my present residence.

Decent 3 star rated splits can be had for under 20k nowadays.

^^No, even the window is grilled. :-/

And I don't want to bug the flat-owner for modifications.

My setup is just different. I also don't wanna bug the owner and also want my AC to be portable.. I just kept the AC at one window and covered the top part of it with cardboard box (re-sized the old TV box ). That's it.. No hole, gril or anything
<
Works like a charm

Back